Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Depictions of Dolmen Gates?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Kaldoth

Kaldoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,780 posts
Hey all, I was just curious if there was any official artwork depicting Dolmen Gates floating around somewhere? I was thinking a gate would make for a cool centerpiece on a board, but the codex doesn't have any imagery and no description beyond being made of stone. Cheers if anyone can help!

Beatnik cryptek

Beatnik cryptek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts

I'd  go with something like a Stargate... 

A quick bing search found these. 

https://i.pinimg.com...3aa6cae50b1.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com...n-k-terrain.jpg

Edited by Beatnik cryptek, 25 June 2019 - 04:21 AM.

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,866 posts
I know there's a depiction of a Dolmen Gate in one of the BL stories I've read. Either the Necron short from the Shield of Baal series or the 2nd Mephiston book, Revenant Crusade.

I'm getting a bookcase delivered tonight, once the books come out of boxes and go on shelves this week I'll look for those two and see what I can find.

As far as terrain goes there's also 3dAlienWorld's gate:

12.jpg

Edited by NTaW, 25 June 2019 - 12:51 PM.

Beatnik cryptek

Beatnik cryptek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts
In the outer reaches book for Deathwatch I think a dolmen gate is described, it's a big one. Also the dynasty in Deathwatch is an unusual one. It's throne world is just.... Wow!

Edited by Beatnik cryptek, 25 June 2019 - 12:49 PM.

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,810 posts
They use a dolmen gate in Devourer but I can't remember the description. It's a shame that story wasn't continued, it's probably the best Necron fiction we have.

The dolmen gates are based on stolen aeldari webway gates so maybe something like that model, but with necrodermis plating and some orbs?

Beatnik cryptek

Beatnik cryptek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts

The eldar didn't invited ng the portals and webway, they inherited it from the slann. 

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,810 posts
I didn't say the Aeldari invented them, just that they control them now, and Dolmen Gates are either the exact same thing or a derivative mechanic.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,267 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

I'd use this ...

99120104058_AeldariWebwayGate01.jpg

And paint it up in black, metal and green with little scarabs running around all over it ...and the eldar heads... removed for some Necron orb or Crystal or some such Necron thing?.. rolleyesclean.gif

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge, 26 June 2019 - 03:18 AM.

• Mr4Minutes likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Beatnik cryptek

Beatnik cryptek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts

Sin ce necrons have reliable ftl travel maybe they donct need dolmen gates as badly. 

NTaW

NTaW

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,866 posts

I just re-read the ending of Devourer and they use it but the authour doesn't describe it in any detail aside from that it was suspended by ancient Necron technology that "even the oldest Crypteks" had lost the knowledge of and it connected them to a Necron-tech infused path along the webway.

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,810 posts
So... Silver?

NTaW

NTaW

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,866 posts

:lol:

Yeah, and with green glowy bits fer sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users