BBJ Does Legio Mortis

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, your Legio Mortis are something else! 10/10.

How're you sourcing the bases? Is it all scratch built or is there someone selling AT Scale scenic bases?

Heya dude, the bases are all made by me, just textured plasticard for the pavement, styrene strip for curbs and sandpaper for roads. The crates and barrels are from vanguard miniatures, traffic cones were 3D printed by a friend. Other than that it's just little bits from my bitz box.

However, unreal wargaming studios are doing a range of Titanicus bases now that look loads better than mine.

Beautiful everything really, I love the paintjobs, poses and bases!

That Plasticard looks like what I have been looking for my street bases, I was going to try one of those basing slabs and some green stuff instead.

Edited by Black_Knight

Yes please! This is amazing wrk both on the models and the bases (traffic cones, really? FANTASTIC!). And the work on the actual Titans: so clean and precise... not to mention the amazing use of the decals! 

It's great to see a veteran of your stature showing such interest in AT!!! Keep it up - a painting event maybe coming our way very soon...;)

Bit more progress, the base is more or less done (tiny space marines will be added at the very end) and I've built the skeleton of the titan, along with 2 fancy new resin guns; only the gatling is for this guy, the quake cannon will be going onto my other warlord.

gallery_43855_15628_474875.jpeg

Merry christmas everyone, may grandfather nurgle bring you all the best gifts!

You are magnetizing them, right? And I saw your SG thread, makes me sad they're no longer an army. I bought 30, made my own priests, Dante, a Libby dread, and then they took out the force org change :(

Yeah, everything is magnetised. Even the knights, though there's only one weapon option for them.

Sadly the SG never got fielded, painted them and then stopped playing shortly afterwards so ended up selling them, shame that there's no viable way to field them as an army now as they were so quick to paint.

Looking good. Have you dry fit the armour on the left foot? There’s quite an angle there at the ankle joint, which is where things can start to get problematic.

Armour plates are still on the sprue, but yeah I'm gonna have to do some heavy cutting to get it to fit.