Reede's Progress Log

Reede

Hey all, it's been a while, but i'm working on getting back into the swing of things and converting over to a full Primaris force. Just finished my first Intercessor Squad and figured I'd share it here. Gonna try and have more consistent updates than my last attempts, so here goes...

Introducing Pack Gungir's Spear

[Edit] Imgur link for high-res pictures

20190625 214348

20190625 094922

20190625 094943

20190625 095021

20190625 095048

20190625 095120

20190625 095141

20190625 095229

20190625 095251

20190625 095309

20190625 095318

20190625 095336

Edited by Reede

Sheets of ice. Found a tutorial a while back for using crackle paint to do it, but required hollowing out the plastic base and doing it inside. Found another one recently about taping around the edge to give it a raise which I like more. 

Models (shade of grey is superb ) and bases are absolutely awesome. Have you considered painting the edges of the bases iceblue as well?

Originally I was thinking about it, but like the transparency around it myself. On other models i'll likely add some bits floating in the ice (for captains and the like, or characters who prove themselves and end up getting a new base)

• 3 weeks later...

They look great.

I like the bases, however it looks a bit small up top for positioning the models because of the conical shape.

Yea that's really the roughest part of doing the bases that way. I may try and use a little less resin on the next run. If they're not quite as tall should give me a bit more room. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright Wolf Scout Eliminators are finally up! Only took me... *looks at watch*... never mind how long it took. Working on a little treat at the end!

[imgur Gallery Link]

https://imgur.com/gallery/XmnbTSe

lsOmDYt.jpgOnpMkFL.jpg5BI3Sf6.jpgbV5rqCE.jpgKLR2NIc.jpg6HnQJnG.jpghaJbLhk.jpgpSCqmpB.jpgscWStSN.jpg5ndCRDO.jpgOXuEx9W.jpg

Edited by Reede

Bjorn Firewalker, on 21 Dec 2019 - 2:25 PM, said:

Fine works. I especially like the iceberg patterns on the Eliminators' camo cloaks- great show of imagination!

Thanks! I was really worried about doing them which is honestly why I put off painting for so long haha. Overall though i'm really happy with how they turned out, really just ended up mostly using a same painting method as the bases.

oh wow. mind doing a tutorial on the base for the eliminators?

Yea sure, I've got a few prepped to go but i'm sure I can figure out the next model or two and set something up. Overall it's actually really easy, 90% of it is waiting for resin to dry. I do plan to do a Redemptor dreadnought or two in the near future so i'll probably do that and some more aggressor bases to get them ready to go.

It's really just using the techniques from this reddit post I found a while back, but i'll go through and do them both together, hopefully that helps people out, but in the mean time i'll post these

The Water Bases

The Ice Bases

Essentially I follow the water portion of it and that often tends to leave enough of a divet in the resin which I just fill in with the crackle paint. I've noticed though that the crackle paint doesn't stick to the resin, so i'll go through and do one round,  that will crack up, and then i'll do another and throw all those broken pieces in and it gives it a really cool effect. Once that dries up I then actually take my model glue and just slather it all over the whole thing. Like seriously I fill in every nook and cranny with the glue which has significantly expanded how often I need to pick glue up haha. 

But you get something like this which I really like, you can do it without adding the more texture, which was helpful for the flat pieces of the Eliminators

59E8XNF.jpg

Edited by Reede

• 5 weeks later...

oh wow. mind doing a tutorial on the base for the eliminators?

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE BROTHERS!

Tutorial Guide to Creating Ice Bases

[update] Alright so I was gonna post the full guide here, but it won't let me post all of the images in one go, so probably just easier to leave the link up, but here's a picture of the finished product

U0gXfqU.jpg

Edited by Reede

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New warriors to join the lost Fyf! Been really happy with the progress i've been making. In probably less than a year i've actually gotten almost as many models completed as my previous 6. Here's some fun pictures and a little bit of fluff!

WkF8Odk.jpg

Dempsey knelt, in his mind quickly taking stock of his wounds. Bruised eye socket, several broken ribs, and his knee was most likely torn from its socket. He knew under the care of the Wolf Priests these would heal quickly, even as the Bellisarian Furnace raged. He was an ancient warrior, born in the shadow of Luna on Terra itself, forged in the fires of the rubicon primaris. What would take much longer to heal would be his pride. He’d only landed one solid blow on his opponent, and even that he can’t be sure wasn’t intentional.

Ringr, the Jarl of Fyf stood tall above him, “It is one thing to have learned of our customs, blood of Terra. All who fight under the banner of Russ have the right to speak, have the right to question, and the right to challenge their Jarl. Now you have lived it. They are not the same are they?”

“No, my Lo… Jarl”

Ringr looked around, addressing Dempsey, but making it clear to all the warriors circling them, forming the circle of honor, a motley collection of the few remaining warriors remaining to Fyf and their Primaris reinforcements, “As was agreed, he who triumphed would be able to ask anything of the other, so… I will give you a choice. Never again, will a drop of mjod pass your lips. Or, given that you look like one of the Lion’s pretty ones, you can take a proper cut of Fenris. As well, you will dye it the color of a Trolls nethers in heat.”

Dempsey paused a moment, unsure how to respond… before showing a full fang-toothed grin, “Someone get me a damned razor.”

Ringr bellowed with laughter, grasped Dempsey by the gauntlet and hauled him to his feet, “Come brother, I’ll let you decide whether it be a male or female troll.”

As Dempsey walked with Ringr towards the Wolf Priests, though feeling his pride much wounded, couldn’t help but feel a moment of happiness properly taking part in the new family of warriors he’s been inducted to. Besides, of course he couldn’t pick the Mjod. If truth be told, he had begun to gain a taste for it.

aAOR9Nk.jpg

TBZEyz6.jpg

The Bloodied Claws, Long Fang aggressors pack have not only adapted to primaris warfare, but have reveled in it. After many years spent on the back lines directing fire and leveling heavy death at the enemy, these raucous members of the rout now donned heavy gravis armor and have thrown themselves fist first into the enemy. They’ve done so with such ruthlessness that it’s started friendly rivalry amongst the blood claw packs who now plunge into battle alongside them, laughter, boasting, and screams of blood tallies piercing through the chaos of the battle.

juslZBV.jpg

CIad2Ip.jpg

sYtD3KO.jpg

ITUETQf.jpg

3wV4jaz.jpg

oBz51En.jpg

gLAQzzD.jpg