The 38th Landsknecht Rifles

All caught up with painting my 38th Landsknecht Rifles of the Feudal Knight World Straun.

buSOyLz.jpg

Time to order more squads and models.  Might hunt for some used DnD minis to use as conscripts.

Current forces consist of 

1 Company Command Squad

1 Platoon Command Squad

1 Infantry Squad

2 "Counts as" Sentinels with Autocannon and Flamer respectively

and 1 counts as Leman Russ.

Future additions will hopefully contain 4 more infantry squads,  More counts as Sentinels,  more Russes.  And a Knight Lance.

Thank you. I did that with a Wal-Mart paint marker hehe.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate modeling tips like this.

Use the regular felt tip for the broad areas and use a throw away small detail brush for the recesses.  Press down on the marker to pool a small bit onto your paint palette and use the brush for hard to reach areas.

• 3 weeks later...

1T6OwXB.jpg   Vox Operator Greta Packard.  (Inspired by disney's Atlantis Wilhemina Packard)  "He took his suitcase?!  Marge honey, I don't think he's coming back".     

Also am embarrassed by the eyes but at the same time they look like they just received terrible news.  I want to open a small game.  Caption this pic.  lets see your guard humor.

Trick to eyes (I find) is to do them early in paint job. You can the tidy up in later stages. I find for example you can easily repair overspill on eye socket rim and brow. A thin wash of nuln can be used on eye ball to add shadow around it reducing the effect of white eye touching light skin tone. Edited by GuardDaddy

• 2 weeks later...

The 38th Landsknecht Rifles have gained some mobility with a Command Taurox and a Chimera.  As well as a heavy weapon team and since I had a Leman Russ turret and hull left over from my kit bashing I poorhammered it into a full Russ.

sV32mfn.jpg ejUobe6.jpg

XKT8qwc.jpg JnCQyvb.jpg

Three months in and I did not expect this unit to grow as fast as it did.  Still two squads short of a full Platoon but at 3 squads, a sentinel squadron, a heavy weapon squad, and a fledgling tank squadron, I am proud of the growth of my 38th Landsknecht Rifles.

h25XNZq.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

9GSd64X.jpg

Feudal Leman Russ Mk2.  Got another russ and arkanaut frigate to make another russ for my feudal guard.  Took the tower off and made room for a russ turret.  Sits a little high for my tastes but all together not bad in my approximation.  I want to find some tools that would let me cut out slits for the track sections in the hull, without having to hack off most of the sides.  Maybe by Mk3 I'll have found a way to keep the hull of the frigate intact while adding the tracks.

I commend the efforts you made- can't be easy combining the Leman Russ tracks and turret with the Age of Sigmar airship's hull. Unless you raise the turret- which will require more work- I doubt there will be room for a twin heavy bolter/flamer/lascannon turret, but maybe... (Eyes the airship's pointy bow.)

Leman Russ tank commander: "Ramming speed!"