Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 point Plasma Angels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Djangomatic82

Djangomatic82

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

This is something that i have been considering lately.

The main components would be a small castle composed of the Captain, Sanguinary Priest, Company Ancient with the Banner of Sacrifice and the 5 Company Veterans. The intent is to have a roving death ball with 7 Combi-Pasma guns and 3 T8 threatening CC weapons. The captain has mutli layered defenses by having a 3++, +FNP reroll 1's, then if any wounds get through, use the Vets "look out sir" to transfer the wound to them, which then gets its own +FNP from the Banner, as well as providing a screen to regular shooting. The Priest is with them to top off any wounds the characters may take and to (hopefully) rez any vets that go down, as well as letting the Captain and Power Fist vets wound T8 vehicles on 2+.

The next  threats are the massed Plasma Inceptors that should average about ~4 plasma shots each, while having a 10" Fly move, preventing them from getting stuck in poor positions, out of LoS or tied up in CC like Hellblasters would. Since they also have the Jump Pack keyword, they can benefit from our unique stratagems, making them a better option compared to hellblaster, in my opinion, meshing with the BA style of play.

The last threat is the Killshot formation of Predators, meant to hopefully utilize said Stratagem. Honestly, I'm not completely sold on the tanks as I have had poor performance with them getting locked in CC or out of LoS. Additionally, I'm thinking the Auto-Cannons are probably the better generalist choice IF they can utilize the Killshot stratagem and the simple volume of flat 4 damage shots that can wound T8 on 4+ is tempting. My only reservation is that it may in actuality be a trap, as at T7, Predators are not the tankiest tank and by removing 1, they lose a large portion of their desired threat range. My current line of thinking is that replacing the auto-cannon with a twin-lascannon may be the better option in practice, as each tank is still able to threaten T8  with a 3+ to wound, even if one  Predator is removed from play.

2000 points - Brigade - Blood Angels

HQ

Warlord- Captain - Jump Pack, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer -Relic: Angels Wings - Warlord Trait: Gift of Foresight

Sanguinary Priest-Junp Pack, Combi-Plasma, Chain Sword - Relic: Veritus Vite

Lieutenant-Jump Pack, Combi-Plasma, Chainsword

Troops

5 x Scouts- 3xBolt Pistols, 4xCombat Knives, Hand Flamer, Heavy Bolter

5 x Scouts- Bolt Pistols, Combat Knives

Fast

3 x Inceptors - 2 x Plasma Exterminator

Heavy

Predator - Predator Auto-Cannon, 2 x Heavy Bolter

Elite

3 x Agressors - Auto-Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Company Ancient - Jump Pack, Combi-Plasma - Relic: The Standard of Sacrifice

5 x Company Veterans - Jump Packs, 2 x Power Fists, 3 x Storm Shields, 5 x Combi-Plasma

Edited by Djangomatic82, 27 June 2019 - 05:44 PM.

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpgxpyOWpw.jpg

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,545 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators
Really interesting list there! Let us know how it works out!

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

Neuralshock

Neuralshock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Blood Angels

the added problem with preds is that if anyone sees three preds, that instantly tips your hand. I find aggressors slow with poor range and not that survivable. consider devastators and CS/bolter DC otherwise, looks pretty neat. What are you using the list for?

Edited by Neuralshock, 30 June 2019 - 01:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users