NiftyVT's Legio Vulturum

NiftyVT

I started a thread for my Xana II Mechanicum so I figured I would start one for their sister force my Titanicus force of Gore Crows!

Behold legio missing bits! :teehee: All fully magnetized.

33562733378_4f4f68c4e6_c.jpg

But before I assembled any of the above I had to get my act together. And with a game like Titanicus that meant painting lots of gaming aids and putting them all in a little box! 

33280856678_575aae8418_c.jpg

46432847604_ca2096665c_c.jpg

47169248962_bb727d8ee7_c.jpg

Then I started on the titans themselves. I use the same basic painting techniques of my Mechanicum force (see signature and read up if you like). Color scheme wise all I could find was a vague description that the main colors were black and white. So I just went with that, threw in some marble effect for giggles and that was that. I hope to get some full size 28mm titans in the future so these are a good practice bed for color layouts! 

I also carried over the black head with brass trim from my knights. The thinking is that the knights copy the titans.

Before base and oil wash.

46903643745_b365dc3cac_c.jpg

After!

With, of course, matching House Malinax Knights.

47929523192_c97cfc9f54_c.jpg

Thanks all!  

I have a 2nd warlord on the painting bench right now. I actually just finished putting the last gloss coat over the decals (usually do 2 coats to seal them down and level the surface). Once its dry I will be doing the enamel wash. 

I usually do the enamel washing only when I have a couple things to do at once because its kind of a pain to clean the airbrush afterward. So, expect some completed updates here and in my AdMech tread soon. Goal is to have the warlord and the other mini done by the end of the weekend! :cool.:

Next up on the paint bench for Titanicus is the armor panels for 4 Warhounds. . .curse you trim!!!! :teehee: Thankfully the skeletons and the weapons are basically done.

Edited by NiftyVT

2nd Warlord complete. All my Titanicus stuff is just table top quality with maybe a little extra here or there. I want them to look good but I also want to finish them sometime in the next decade. :whistling:

48160612167_85e5ce7983_c.jpg

48160539821_e4ae474358_c.jpg

48160539796_bc3e2b27e3_c.jpg

Side by side. I think flipping the scheme turned out fantastic!

48160611832_ca49681064_c.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Little Reaver reinforcement due to Christmas gift cards to my FLGS:biggrin.:  And my resolution for this year (and next year too) has been to finish as much backlog as possible (90ish models off the log so far this year!). So, when I buy anything new (only 5 ish models total this year) I have to do something on the back log and I try to keep it 1 to 1. So before I assembled the Reaver I finished up the build on the knights. The main armor on the knights is separate but everything else is glued. Plan is to paint the knights and Reaver at the same time so my backlog 1 to 1 resolution is satisfied.   

49300589721_0ac7bcf0df_c.jpg20191230_143224 by nifty, on Flickr

Very nice once more!

Did the oil wash yesterday. Finished up the base early this morning (before the wife got up =P) and will, hopefully, be doing decals once all my adulting is finished today.

Edited by NiftyVT

I prime with minitaire black primer. The final black is just army painter black that I airbrush on. The white is Vallejo Air Aged White. He is all dirtied up and ready for another gloss to seal the oil wash and then some transfers. Finished up his base (and bases for a handful of minis for my Dark Mech) last night. Edited by NiftyVT