Which Dark Angels Green Is Most Dark, Angels And Green?

Chiwie

Hey guys. I noticed a few years ago that Dark Angels Green was a little bit different to Caliban Green when it was replaced. After some googling I found out that Instar had a great line of repo paints. I decided to do a bit of a project to figure out what green worked for me and I thought that my fellow Dark Angel players might be interested in the results.

55o1iHV.png

Vallejo Game Colour Dark Green, UV-15 Sheen and Matte (1998 spec Dark Angels Green reproduction), Caliban Green and Contrast. 

LzjOgap.png

I did a slightly more indepth review over at goonhammer if people are interested

Dark Angels green was always one of my favorite paints because of how it looked watered down as a glaze. You can't do that with Caliburn Green because its a base.

I hopefully picked up Contrast Dark Angels Green and it doesn't work, but Contrast Warp Lightning looks a lot like thinned old Dark Angels green.

I assume Coat d'arm fantasy range Angel Green is literally 90s Dark Angels Green but never got around to ordering any to check.

https://www.blackhat.co.uk/product/155-angel-green/

Dark Angels green was always one of my favorite paints because of how it looked watered down as a glaze. You can't do that with Caliburn Green because its a base.

I hopefully picked up Contrast Dark Angels Green and it doesn't work, but Contrast Warp Lightning looks a lot like thinned old Dark Angels green.

I assume Coat d'arm fantasy range Angel Green is literally 90s Dark Angels Green but never got around to ordering any to check.

https://www.blackhat.co.uk/product/155-angel-green/

After I wrote up the article, I had a lot of people suggesting Angel Green. I totally missed that when I was planning the test. :( 

That said I think instar would work as a glaze if you thinned it with a good medium.