Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CommDante test list

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CommDante

CommDante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Hello brothers.  Here is a list that I've built and plan to run.  It's based wysiwyg on the models I have, and like the look of msn-wink.gif

I have an idea of how to make it work, but was looking for some advice from more seasoned players.  I'd be willing to swap a unit or two, but would like to stick mostly to what I have currently (I know scouts >= intercessors).  My thought was to not give the enemy any one target to focus on, and then once the sanguinary blob drops on turn 2, run a pincer style attack with the dreadnoughts while the fire base bubble does it's thing.  Now to finish assembling a few to get my first pledge in for ETL.  As always, any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

For the Emperor and Sanguinius!

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [46 PL, 5CP, 592pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Armoury of Baal [-3CP]: 2 additional Relics of Baal

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 124pts]: Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Librarian Dreadnought [9 PL, 154pts]: 1. Quickening, 6. Wings of Sanguinus, Furioso fist, Meltagun

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [11 PL, 110pts]: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 102pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, 5x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 102pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, 5x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [49 PL, 1CP, 754pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP [1CP]

+ HQ +

The Sanguinor [9 PL, 150pts]: 4. Heroic Bearing, Warlord

+ Elites +

Death Company Dreadnought [9 PL, 131pts]: Blood talons, Meltagun, Smoke launchers, Storm bolter

Primaris Ancient [5 PL, 69pts]

Sanguinary Ancient [6 PL, 80pts]: Inferno pistol, Power fist, Standard of Sacrifice

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 324pts]
. Sanguinary Guard: Inferno pistol, Power fist

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [32 PL, 1CP, 654pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP [1CP]

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armour [7 PL, 118pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, The Veritas Vitae

+ Heavy Support +

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought [9 PL, 206pts]: Cyclone missile launcher
. Two twin lascannons: 2x Twin lascannon

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: 4x Hellblaster, Plasma incinerator
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: 4x Hellblaster, Plasma incinerator
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

++ Total: [127 PL, 7CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

• Karhedron likes this

"For eleven hundred years, I have fought and I have seen the darkness in our galaxy. I have seen the vileness of the alien and the heresy of the mutant. I have witnessed the sin of possession. I have seen all the evil that the galaxy harbours, and I have slain all whose presence defiles the Emperor. I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay... so fear not and be proud, for we are the sons of Sanguinius, the protectors of Mankind. Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death." - Lord Commander Dante

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,311 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard
I'd drop the veritas myself, it has to trigger twice to make the CP you spent on it, and the odds of it triggering 3 times for a net gain are pretty low.

And infiltrators are just, kinda, bad.
Unless your local area is just absolutely full of people running multiple ways to get T1 charges, I'd drop them and add in more intercessors. They are way to expensive for 5 bolters.

The DC dread feels... out of place.
You've got enough other multi wound units it isn't bad so to speak, but what it's good at killing you have covered already with all the plasma, lascannons, and fists.
Maybe think about aggressors or bolter inceptors? Your a little light on raw shot volume, which you'll want if you run into someone bringing a lot of chaff infantry.

And I'm personally not a fan of double ancients, but I understand that the primaris one is babysitting the hellblasters. Not my thing, but I could see it being ok. It's too bad you can't give both of them the relic, lol.

Your list doesn't seem super CP hungry, so you could probably drop the gravis captain for a cheaper HQ with more utility in your list, like a sanguinary priest, and rely on wisdom of the ancients to turn your contemptor dread into a captain every turn, and then you could be healing/rezzing stuff from your hellblasters as well.

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

CommDante

CommDante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I'd drop the veritas myself, it has to trigger twice to make the CP you spent on it, and the odds of it triggering 3 times for a net gain are pretty low.

And infiltrators are just, kinda, bad.
Unless your local area is just absolutely full of people running multiple ways to get T1 charges, I'd drop them and add in more intercessors. They are way to expensive for 5 bolters.

The DC dread feels... out of place.
You've got enough other multi wound units it isn't bad so to speak, but what it's good at killing you have covered already with all the plasma, lascannons, and fists.
Maybe think about aggressors or bolter inceptors? Your a little light on raw shot volume, which you'll want if you run into someone bringing a lot of chaff infantry.

And I'm personally not a fan of double ancients, but I understand that the primaris one is babysitting the hellblasters. Not my thing, but I could see it being ok. It's too bad you can't give both of them the relic, lol.

Your list doesn't seem super CP hungry, so you could probably drop the gravis captain for a cheaper HQ with more utility in your list, like a sanguinary priest, and rely on wisdom of the ancients to turn your contemptor dread into a captain every turn, and then you could be healing/rezzing stuff from your hellblasters as well.

I admit I sometimes have a dreadnought bias.  I'll work on pulling the DC dread and get a squad of bolter inceptors (love them too!) in there to increase weight of fire.  My idea behind the double ancients was the Primaris giving the astartes banner buff to the Sanguinary.  I figured the 4+ fight again would be useful for anything in the sanguinary blob.  I think between dropping the DC dread, switching infiltrators for another squad of intercessors and swapping gravis captain for a lower cost HQ with heals, I should have a fair amount of points to work with.  Like you say, dropping veritas vitae saves me a couple more CP so that just makes sense.  Appreciate the feedback brother, thanks!

"For eleven hundred years, I have fought and I have seen the darkness in our galaxy. I have seen the vileness of the alien and the heresy of the mutant. I have witnessed the sin of possession. I have seen all the evil that the galaxy harbours, and I have slain all whose presence defiles the Emperor. I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay... so fear not and be proud, for we are the sons of Sanguinius, the protectors of Mankind. Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death." - Lord Commander Dante

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,311 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard
No problem.
I also love dreadnoughts, but I tend not to have success with them unless I run 3+.
A semi-casual list I have runs a relic contemptor with double fists and 2 DC dreads that all run straight at the enemy, with a libby dread, and some vehicle fire support, and intercessors for troops, so there isn't a single 1 wound model on my side.
Watching my opponents figure out target priority is fun.
Do I shoot the 3 dreads that will tear stuff apart at close range, the sicaran venator and attack bikes killing my armor, or the intercessors and aggressors mulching all my scoring infantry?

And you might want to read the ancients rule over again, it's shoot with 1 weapon OR make a SINGLE melee attack.
Which is real bad for melee units.
  • CommDante likes this

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users