"Gently heating" resin to bend?

I'm strongly considering picking up some Forge World Proteus-pattern Rotor Cannons to run counts-as as autocannons on a squad of Havocs for my upcoming Khornate* CSM army. They are just too cool to pass up. The question is... the description for them mentions the ammo feeds should be "gently heated" to bend into shape. What's the best way to do that?

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

Hot water or a heat gun.

If you have one of those Keurig coffee makers, the water it produces is the perfect heat to bend resin. Just put the piece you want to bend into the water, hold it (preferably with tweezers, that water is actually quite :censored:ing hot) there for 10 to 30 seconds, then take it out and bend to shape and HOLD IT that way. Or have a bowl of cold water to dunk the properly-shaped piece into, which will lock it into its new shape.

Edit: Just a question, why are you using the Rotor Cannons for Autocannons? They make an autocannons set. Especially because Havocs now have a weapon that looks very similar to the Rotor Cannons, it could cause confusion....

Edited by Gederas

Hot water or a heat gun.

If you have one of those Keurig coffee makers, the water it produces is the perfect heat to bend resin. Just put the piece you want to bend into the water, hold it (preferably with tweezers, that water is actually quite :censored:ing hot) there for 10 to 30 seconds, then take it out and bend to shape and HOLD IT that way. Or have a bowl of cold water to dunk the properly-shaped piece into, which will lock it into its new shape.

Edit: Just a question, why are you using the Rotor Cannons for Autocannons? They make an autocannons set. Especially because Havocs now have a weapon that looks very similar to the Rotor Cannons, it could cause confusion....

Is there? I don't have access to the new Codex. If they have an assault cannon, soulreaper cannon or whatever, I'd rather have them take that. Frankly, I like the look of the Rotor Cannons. I'm aware they make an Autocannon set.

Hot water or a heat gun.

Is there? I don't have access to the new Codex. If they have an assault cannon, soulreaper cannon or whatever, I'd rather have them take that. Frankly, I like the look of the Rotor Cannons. I'm aware they make an Autocannon set.

Yes, where have you been? People have been drooling (and complaining) about the new Reaper Chaincannon the Havocs can take:

99120102096_CSMHavocsScale.jpg

Because of course the single best weapon for the Havocs is 1 to a box :lol:

I've been a few years late to the party the whole time I've been doing this hobby. :laugh.:

Got into it last Christmas with Know No Fear and First Strike (the smaller two of the single-pose Primaris/DG releases) and I've been a bit behind the times the whole time. So excuse my being a bit behind the times. But hey, if it's that good (and cool) then I may as well pick up more of it for a set of Havocs and just field a whole unit of them, yeah?

I've been a few years late to the party the whole time I've been doing this hobby. :laugh.:

Got into it last Christmas with Know No Fear and First Strike (the smaller two of the single-pose Primaris/DG releases) and I've been a bit behind the times the whole time. So excuse my being a bit behind the times. But hey, if it's that good (and cool) then I may as well pick up more of it for a set of Havocs and just field a whole unit of them, yeah?

A number of people have done just that - they went out of stock on FW for a fair while when the new kit launched for that reason! The chaincannon probably get a points hike at some point as they are rather the new hotness, but make hay while the sun shines!

And on the original question, a few seconds with a hairdryer or heat gun (I have a baby one for heatshrink tubing on electrical wiring) will get the resin gently bendy, and you don't have to stick your fingers in hot water! Just be careful if you have a big-ass heat gun for stripping paint etc, they can get thinner bits of resin hot enough to start melting if you hit it too long.