The old places - Marshal's Daemons reborn

A while back I was on the verge of selling off my Daemons but instead I have decided to redo the force. This time around, I will be going for a more grimdark feel rather than the pokemon-like scheme I had before. I'm trying to go for a "Witcher" like vibe with "realistic" looking monsters in a dirty dank environment.

Here are my first few WIPs. C&C welcome as are any ideas for where I can take this scheme.

med_gallery_104950_15343_167828.jpg

A test for pale fleshy skin

med_gallery_104950_15343_963273.jpg

My skullreaver Daemon Prince

Trying to work out my scheme for the slaanesh part of the army. This is a WIP and will get some dirty oil washes to define the details and add the grime. I think the pink hair will have to change, maybe an ectoplasma white/green? Suggestions welcome.

med_gallery_104950_15343_69760.jpg

med_gallery_104950_15343_286032.jpg

med_gallery_104950_15343_84429.jpg

med_gallery_104950_15343_496403.jpg

The bits in the paint are due to this model being badly stripped a few times, I can never get a result I'm happy with.

I think the pink hair is nice, but might not be the best match for the skin tone you've done.  What colour are you thinking of done her dress and ruff, and how do you intend to finish the armour and claws?  You might want to do the hair last, as that may give you a better chance to see what would work best.

A black wash on the armour, or are you intending to tint it?

Given the claws are dark purple, maybe the hair could be light purple?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I already have some pox riders that I will probably use without the riders as beasts of nurgle. They're a similar colour to that guy's belly. I don't think I will repaint them as I'm quite happy with them. I may post pics of them when I dig them out. Aside from that, I am on the fence about picking up some nurglings. They look like a really useful unit. If I do that, They will probably be a mixture of fleshy colours and the sepia yellow.