Which helmet for my MkIII Crusaders?

Paulie771

Which helmet to do I want for my MkIII Crusaders?

World Eaters MkII Forgeworld upgrade kit:

99550102194_WorldEatersMkIIHeadsUpgradeS

Spellcrow Templar Space Knights helmets:

350px_TemplarsSpaceKnightsHelmets.jpg

I think I'm leaning toward the Spellcrow variety.  Anyone think the FW type would be better or have another other options I should consider?

I've ordered the helmets below via shapeways and really like them. Also they're actually quite cheap and come in a set of 20 for €13.23, so are comparable to the Spellcrow helmets in price.

To me the Spellcrow helmets look kind of cheap and not too well done but I have only seen them in pictures so far.

710x528_26299018_14306555_1553104236.jpg

If you're interested you can find them (and several more pictues) here:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VJ6YL9S6Q/mk-galaxy-blackness-templer-helmet?optionId=85743739&li=user-wishlist

Edited by Elladhan

I'd suggest Spellcrow's helmets, precisely because of that word you used: "variety."

Forge World's helmets are, for all intents and purposes, identical. The variety amounts to some holes here and there and whether the top is covered with spikes, a crest or nothing.

Spellcrow's offerings may be too on the nose, however, what with the crosses everywhere. But that third party apple didn't fall far from the official Games Workshop tree in that regard.

Do note that I actually dislike the look of both of these options.

One last note would be that the World Eaters helmets may be exactly just that, "World Eaters." They may be too recognizable as XIIth Legion, and others may be reminded of them even if the rest of the models scream 'Black Templars' instead.

edit: assuming you don't already have them, I'd say the plastic mkIII helmets offer a better type of variety than what Forge World offers, while keeping the 'Crusade era' look.

Edited by Knight of the Raven