That's how it goes sometimes. Gotta take the hard punches with the whiffs. Good thing is there's always next time.

Yeah exactly. I took some pictures of the game, will probably add them to my painting thread when updating the progress on my vow hopefully soon.

Will be a while until I can get another game in though.

Snorri

That's how it goes sometimes. Gotta take the hard punches with the whiffs. Good thing is there's always next time.

Yeah exactly. I took some pictures of the game, will probably add them to my painting thread when updating the progress on my vow hopefully soon.

Snorri

How did your opponent feel about the tactics you used? I usually go over stuff like that, like what would you have done, and what might have been different etc.

Snorri

How did your opponent feel about the tactics you used? I usually go over stuff like that, like what would you have done, and what might have been different etc.

He agreed with the assessment of my dice rolls, and said that with my list, there wasn’t much he’d done differently. In turn 2, the stormraven fired at old one eye to kill him after letting loose the death company. They were posed for a charge and I wanted to fake off about 3-6 wounds in the shooting phase. I used the Multi-Meltas and missiles on OOE, hurricanes on the stealers again and the lascannons on the tyrant. MM rolled snake eyes, one rocket came through and did the 3 wounds.

Should have fired everything at OOE, but at least the lascannons took 4 wounds of the tyrant.

Maybe I could’ve focused on one flank to take out the warriors with both the DC and the Sangguard. They would’ve tipped them to shreds for sure, taking out lots of medium and heavy fire in one turn.

Snorri

• 4 months later...

Hi folks,

Blood of Baal has me tinkering with my lists as it should, and I'm currently painting some new units to make the list below happen. Just and idea how my army could deploy, making use of the new Red Thirst and some stratagems.

BA - Battalion 1

Astorath

Librarian Dreadnought - Quickening, Wings

2x Tac Squads w/ HF, Stormbolter + CS

1x Tac Squad w/ Plasma, SB + CS

Predator, Autocannon, 2x LC, SB

3x Razorback, 2x twin AssCan, 1x twin LasCan

Battalion 2:

Captain, Relic Blade, Inferno Pistol, Angels Wing

Librarian, JP, Shield + Unleash Rage

3x Scouts, bolters and 2x CC weapons

Vanguard:

Sanguinary Priest, JP

Sang Ancient, Warlord, Soulwarden, Icon of the Angel, Death Mask

Sanguinary Guard, 7x Swords, 1x PF, Death Masks

5x Assault Terminators, hammers

Over 2000 "old" points, but with changes to the Sang Guard alone, that should go neatly below 2000. Maybe there'll be some more points left for upgrades/other units.

As far as tactics go, Astorath will use the Litany of Focus on one of the Razorbacks, then BGNT on the second while they move up on the first turn and clear some chaff. Keeping the Predator and other RB in the backfield to react to a tactical objective and/or keep deepstrikers away.

Want to take Artisans on the Captain to make his relic blade more potent against 2-wound targets and keep him and Astorath around the RB to jump over in turn 2 and join the deepstriking units. From there on it's reacting to objective cards and taking out threats in close combat once the chaff is gone. Scouts will either block stuff like infiltrating units trying to get a meaningful T1 charge, or prepare for a T1 assault themselves. Just what they do.

I'm a bit concerned that my 2nd turn strike won't be as powerful since there's only 1 big JP unit to use the Icon of the Angel. I'm toying with the idea to put either a 10-men VanVet squad or DC in, but I'm not sure what I should take out for either of those. They'd be between 230 and 250 points.

Possible Relic adaptations: MC armour on the Librarian/Sanguinary Priest or Quake Bolts for close quarter support, even while in combat. Should work on Bolt Pistols, right?

The Sarcophagus on the Dreadnought, obviously.

The Librarian Dread can be switched out to Mephiston once I've got him painted. Will do so for sure, wanna see the big dude in action.

I'd be glad for any feedback. Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Long time no see, and a lot has happened since. Before the revised point changes I’ve created a new list with the rules changes in mind. To the tactical, terminator and veteran squad I’ve added extra marines in BattleScribe to get them closer to the rumoured point costs, I’m not sure if that will be a faction-wise thing though...most likely some stuff will have to go when the points rise again. :(

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) [109 PL, 1,997pts, 11CP] ++

Armoury of Baal [-1CP]: 1 Additional Relic

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 120pts]: 2. Artisan of War, Gleaming Pinions, Jump Pack, Power sword, Storm shield, Warlord

Librarian in Terminator Armor [6 PL, 115pts]: 1. Quickening, 2. Unleash Rage, Combi-plasma, Force axe, Icon of The Angel

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [4 PL, 80pts]

. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

. 3x Scout w/Boltgun: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades

. Scout w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

Scout Squad [4 PL, 70pts]

. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

. 4x Scout w/Boltgun: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Boltgun, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

Tactical Squad [10 PL, 208pts]

. 9x Space Marine: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Boltgun, 9x Frag & Krak grenades

. Space Marine Sergeant: Power sword, Storm bolter

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy flamer