Disappointed with new Sister

I logged in at the GW website at dark-thirty yesterday morning (actually, only about quarter to 7), and although everything on the 'site said otherwise, the link to order the new $35.00 Sister Superior was broken or not yet active.  It works now, I'm glad to see, but 35 dollars?  It's a VERY nice-looking miniature, but the price seems inordinately large for a plastic model kit of a single figure, although in general, I have no problem whatever with the quality of GW's excellent plastic miniatures these days.  Given the 32mm base size, the figure looks like it may be more than a little outsized, compared to GW's existing Battle Sisters line, although not yet having had one in my grubby hobbying hands, this observation could be wrong, and I certainly hope it is.  I really don't want a wholly new, Primaris or other larger-sized group of models in feminine form, even if I have grown a bit desperate over the years waiting for a new Adepta Sororitas model to be released.  

Actually, even though the new model looks absolutely fantastic, I am more than a little disappointed, now that it's actually here.  I've been with Citadel/GW since the early-to-mid 80's, when I discovered a packaged set including the Rogue Trader book, painting guides and more, along with the thin box full of beakie models (10 or 20 I think?) made up of the original 25mm plastic models with the now iconic Crimson Fists artwork on the box.  Off all places, I found this for sale in my local Waldenbooks store.  That was back in the early-to-mid 80's, and what a revolution it started!  It certainly had a huge effect on my wife (my fiancee at the time) and me, as I've since acquired a huge collection of GW models and miniatures as purchases and wonderful gifts, many of which still are in pristine condition, awaiting opening of the box or package.  Somehow, I find the strength to continue opening, building and painting all these goodies, many of which were purchased at discounts of up to 40% less than the MSRP. :-)  There was an entirely different vibe associated with this new (in the US) company, and I missed that sort of vibe with this latest release, as certainly, no concession to cost was made for the all-new model.

Of all the industry-changing policies introduced by GW back then (and since), primary among them was an unwavering devotion to producing miniatures and models of the highest quality, and this new, highly detailed mini certainly lives up to that standard, especially with the material being plastic, rather than the more-expensive resin.  Back then however, the new rules, miniatures and models they released set an all-new, miles-high standard among wargaming companies, and every other mini manufacturer had to produce wargaming figures of equally stellar quality just to stay competitive.  Not all of them succeeded, and many disappeared entirely, although not all were due to miniatures of lower quality.  For those that remained, the necessity of producing equally high quality, highly detailed miniatures was now of paramount importance, and that high standard continues and improves to this day.  As a result, everyone, players and manufacturers both won and continue to win big.

Unfortunately, thereafter, GW also changed the industry in ways that weren't quite so great for everyone, but I won't get into most of those issues here.  Still, the unique and incredible wargaming 'vibe' that was introduced with the Rogue Trader and plastic kit releases back then, now seems mostly to have been left behind by the GW of today.  For example, unlike advice and encouragement in Rogue Trader, GW no longer encourages conversions, unless done exclusively with GW (and Forge World) pieces and parts.  Scratchbuilding and house rules also disappeared entirely from the 'official' game.  Finally, and this was my first problem with the newly released mini, producing miniatures of very high quality at very low prices largely seems to have disappeared from the corporate mindset.  The quality hasn't been affected, but prices sure have.  Still, there is lots of great stuff available today that most hobbyists can afford, and that quality just keeps on getting better and better, yet an affordable price tag no longer seems to be quite as important to GW as it was back then.  At $35.00 for the new Adepta Sororitas Sister Superior model, one for which the GW faithful have been waiting for many long years, it just seems unusually expensive to me.  If the size has changed as well, that will just represent another entry on the red side of the GW ledger, for me at least.  I certainly don't want to have to replace all my existing Adepta Sororitas models with all-new models in a different scale.  With the introduction of the new Space Marine Primaris line (along with the "Hero" releases, and others), I can't help but feel like that could be a goal for GW, even though there are 'rules' accounting for the new and different sizes and capabilities.  To me, a

mixture of the two just doesn't look right on the tabletop, and I have no desire to acquire replacement models.  Other gamers may feel differently, of course.

For now, I think I'll be continuing to fill my own wargaming ranks with the similar models available from Wargame Exclusive, Raging Heroes, Grishnak Models, Artel W Miniatures and other manufacturers, all of which have been offering futuristic female sci-fi models similar to the GW Battle Sisters for some time now, at very good prices.  For example, that same thirty five bucks at any of the sites mentioned will purchase more than one single miniature kit, and in resin as well, not plastic, which is less expensive.  Also, these quite similar models are very nicely done too, often including extraordinary and unique bases in many cases, easily rivaling the new GW Sister Superior model and base.  Actually, most of these manufacturers offer more than just a two-for-one bargain.  More often than not, entire squads of five models can be acquired for that $35.00, or even less.   For example, the Wargame Exclusive miniatures are incredibly well done.  Many (especially the single figures) include interesting and highly detailed bases, every bit as cool as the base for the new GW figure, yet hardly any single figure sells for more than $15.00 or so.  Many are less than $14, IIRC, although some of their very best do approach the cost of the new GW figure, although I think one pretty much always gets more bang for the buck at these other sites for these extraordinary miniatures.  

Also a great bargain, many of the models available from Raging Heroes, particularly the Crimson Redeemers, Exemplars, and Icariates factions, all of which look great as 40K wargaming substitutes, are available for less money.  A "Command Squad" of five models, from any of the factions mentioned, often sells for as little as $35 and change (under $40 nearly always), and the Icariates, wearing lift packs (and available large wing conversions for extra cash), also have nicely detailed bases designed to display the bold ladies in agressive and uniquely cool in-flight poses.  

Then there are the fine lady warriors from Grishnak Models.  Just a while back, I bought several squads of 5 of their very nice Warrior Maidens models, and each 5-model squad was priced at just under $25.00.  Even after I added some sets of heavy weapons conversion kits, each of which were made up of 2 of their Heavy Bolter and Multi-Melta weapons and backpacks, the total cost, including the 5-Maiden squad and conversion packs together, still was less than $35.00.

In the case of Artel W Miniatures, they don't really offer a squad of easily substituted battle sister-type models.  On the other hand, the squad of 5 ladies they do offer is more along the lines of the old GW Imperial Police/Security figures, the name of which now escapes me of course.   The figures are armored, equipped with large 'riot shields' and a heavy weapon as well, so the overall cost actually is closer to $50 than $35, but there are 5 of them, and $10 each for beautiful resin models is a great price in my book.  Additionally, there are 'add-on' models available for the squad -- robotic K9s, officers and others (very nice female Inquisitors, for example) as well.  Still, the squad and leader (and K9s, Inquisitors, Agents and others, with some homegrown rules) could be plugged in to a 40K tabletop with very little effort, using the rules for their GW counterparts.  Aside from that squad and the associated models, Artel does offer some pretty spectacular individual model 'kits' to fit the bill of alternate AS troops, officers and characters, and often (as with the offerings from the companies above), two models can be had for about the same price as the single new GW figure.  They also have available an extraordinary model, somewhat similar to GW's Celestine (I have one), with huge wings, many pieces, a fantasy or sci-fi choice (with flaming sword, jump pack and shield, or without), one foot balanced on the large head of the gnarly monster just vanquished, etc., is available at just under $20.00 -- again, a very good resin model at a better price.

I realize these models and minis are substitutes, requiring group permission for use on a 40K tabletop.  Actually, they are totally illegal for use in 'official' GW games, but I rarely wargame with folks that wouldn't allow such substitutions.  The 40K universe really isn't necesary at all (although that often is a starting point), as we nearly always use houserule-bashed versions of existing (and often free) sci-fi rules for our games.  Please note that I'm not bashing GW, and hope I'm not leaving that impression.  While I don't particularly care for a GW-only gaming universe, they do have to make a profit to continue doing business, and that often requires tough pricing decisions.  Putting that factor entirely aside, 40K (and the other GW games) really are pretty good (to great) games with great miniatures, although for me, thery're even better when players are allowed to utilize houserules and alternative miniatures.  

When it comes right down to it, I am sort of torn in two different directions by this long-awaited release, although I'm now worried about a possible scale difference as much as anything else (like the cost).  I really would love to acquire the model, but is it quite expensive for a single character.  After all this waiting for something new in the Adepta Sororitas line, the first new model released costs as much as an entire squad of GWs metal Sisters, and I have to admit that this scares me.  I can only hope future releases for the Adepta Sororitas (if and when they actually do appear) are a bit more concerned with overall affordability for gamers, along the lines of the fairly recent and excellent Kill Team release, which was priced very competitively, considering all one gets with the different offerings.  As mentioned before, I genuinely believe GW makes some of the finest miniatures, models, and hobby accessories available today, and I hope to be able to continue buying new goodies from them in the future.  Unfortunately, for quite some time now, if you wanted to avail yourself of that high quality, it often meant pretty high prices too, although there are exceptions, thank goodness.  For now, I think I'll continue waiting, hoping the prices for new AS minis comes down a bit, as time goes by and/or with new releases.  I can only hope this strategy works out well for me.

Bubba Pearson

Edited by Bubba Pearson

scale difference concern... don't worry she's in scale :thumbsup: (check the paint pot size and base compared to your models).++EDIT++ it is a 32mm base by the way

med_gallery_9146_7882_93648.jpeg

As to the rant on prices and such over the years...i'm with you there...but Unlike war other things do change :tongue.:

She is a really nice model by the way, and she cost me $55 where i live ... your $35 looks good to me :laugh.:

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

we always knew there would be a few mm difference ... look at the two saint models!

Its due to the fact that the new models are actually in proportion with them selves and designed digitally not physically....

As to the cost, she is in line with most of the later single model releases (eg Valoris is £22.50 ... 2.50 more expensive)... you also have the expected demand of her being out of proportion with the acknowledged Sisters players so any compnay is going to add 'a bit more' on to the cost. .... But still yeah shes the most expensive 9 point model GW sells :tongue.:

EDIT - oh and Sis Sup Amelia wasnt on sale online until gone midday UK time.... & shes currently sold out online!

Edited by Slasher956

Its good to rant on the internet sometimes but half of your comparisons aren't really relevant to this release.

£20 is too much for a gaming model but this isn't the plastic sisters release, its a collectors model for people who want something early and its not the start of plastic sisters and their necessary scale creep which was Celestine and her Gemini.

Resin is cheaper than plastic for short production runs, plastic has very expensive initial mold costs. Material costs are basically irrelevant.

The old sisters models are really small and were small even back in 2nd edition compared to my metal guardsmen from the same era so there wasn't any way round this. Some of the 3rd ed Witch Hunters codex release figures were already on the out of scale end with those sculpts. Most of those 3rd party models are out of scale with the Jes Goodwin sisters.

Few people are using 2nd ed marine or 3rd ed dark eldar models. Plastic sisters were never going to be an expansion to the 90s range. If you want to keep it old school do so with pride.

Sure, it's expensive cash wise for a model that has nothing special about it in terms of rules, but it's completely in line with other GW standalone limited run models; see the 30th Anniversary Intercessor Sergeant as an example. But it's not really there to be a compelling choice from a gameplay point of view; it's there to be a centrepiece, collectors model, and should be viewed in that way.

Anyway, it's all good and well talking about Raging Heroes and Artel and what have you being cheaper, but there are major distinctions there. Nobody is buying Artel W models to play "Artel Super Wargame 20,000" are they? They haven't had to do any fundamental design work to generate a market for their products, they have simply piggybacked on GW's decades of worldbuilding.

I mean sure someone has to sculpt the models themselves, but all the background imagery and design touchstones that make those models look like Sisters of Battle (or whatever else), and therefore desirable to 40k players, are effectively lifted from GW, and in some cases have even been 1:1 recreations of GW artwork. Another reason those models are cheaper is because they don't also have to support staff like artists, background writers, rules designers, community teams and so on from the profits. 

Now I am by no means saying that GW couldn't rein in their pricing a bit, I think they absolutely could because sometimes it does feel a bit much. But to say "well this company is cheaper so therefore better" is an overly simplistic view. 

I bought some Wargame Exclusive Repentia- all of them actually. 

I'm glad I did it- my concern was that new repentia will look so different than the original sculpts that it wouldn't look right to finish off the 3 maxed squads with new GW plastics. I got a mistress and female cullexus to finish off the order. With shipping, exchange, etc, it cost just under 180 Canadian Dollars for 14 minis.

The models are beautiful, and in perfect scale and will fit in nicely with their GW counterparts, and I do not regret buying them. However, I could have paid 140$ for two squads of GW Repentia which both include mistresses and still had 40$ left over for a character. No sculpted bases, but 30% more models.

The war pulpit model from raging heroes is awesome; it's 118$, plus I'm assuming 20$ shipping. That's a regular price, and RH does have free shipping deals frequently, as well as % off deals, but let's assume regular price. For 135$, I get a penitent engine with two pilots plus two armiger titans. That's a converted war pulpit PLUS AN EXTRA TITAN for a comparable cost. Add to that one mor penitent engine and use its spare pilot to be able to build both penitent engines.

Now that last one is a bit out there- there's obviously more to the war pulpit than a titan body and two repentent- to do it right, the pipe organ from an exorcist and Taddeus from Blackstone would work nicely, but my point still stands that when it comes to regular models as opposed to special advance release collectors items, prices are actually closer than you might think.

Add to this the fact that working with plastic is WAY easier than working with resin, and this pretty much becomes a no brainer for me.

I respect your right to a) not buy this pre-release and b) to be disappointed by the cost of it.

But once the new models drop, and the standard kits are available, I'm sure you'll find pricing at least a bit more in line with what you expect. If that's true, and you continue to support third parties instead of GW, I feel like you would only be contributing to the problem you were rebelling against.

Personally, I hope GW releases a knock off war pulpit with both rules and a model in the new dex. It would be wonderful to watch them use the legal precedent set by their competition to rip off the competition's intellectual property for once, instead of getting ripped off themselves. I also think they should make bike rules for necromunda and put escher models on them to take back the "Jailbirds" from raging heroes. The models GW made would be at least as good, plastic to boot and more consistent with the rest of the models in the army.

Like I said, I have third parties myself; for the record, I think Pious Vorne is what new repentia will be. They may even have flamer/eviscerator combos like she does, or they might keep that as her character schtick. Either way, I think that's where the aesthetic is going and it's the only reason I did go third party.

If GW doesn't do a war pulpit knock off, I will get one, but I'll replace its limbs with armiger parts to make it fit the imperial aesthetic more closely; I don't like the faces on the knee caps- it looks to eldar to me. Also, the melta chainsword of the warglaive would more obviously echo the warglaive load out for "counts as" purposes. Of course, I would also build a profile that included the exorcist launcher and the priest for use in friendly games, but I would expect most opponents to insist I cost and spec it as a warglaive.

@Hallandaar: "to say "well this company is cheaper so therefore better" is an overly simplistic view. "  I didn't in any way imply those companies were better, merely that they produced equally high quality products for much less money, indicating GW could do so as well.  I thought I made it clear I'm pretty hardcore with GW -- probably 90% of the thousands of dollars my wife and I have spent on the hobby has been GW, and I've been with them since they first appeared in the 'States over 30-35 years ago.  I'm sorry you misunderstood my intent.  I'm just bummed out that I've been a great customer that long, have waited for something new or different to appear for the Battle Sisters for as long as I have, to have the first new release cost about three times more than a normal figure, when other figures just as good are available in lots of 5 for the same price or less.  I could go on forever about the great things GW has done for the hobby, but I just don't think pricing competitively and affordably is a major concern with them anymore, and hasn't been for a very long time now, although I was VERY pleasantly surprised with Kill Team.  I was disabled in 1990 and survive on a disability stipend now (I was making 6 figures then, and only recently broke 20k through SSDI), so money for a miniature is very hard to come by (my wife has the attitude that it helps keep me somewhat functional and happy and encourages the hobby, so I'm a very lucky person).  That problem isn't unique to me, but it is a problem, so I just thought I would share my disappointment.  Actually, I pretty much expected to get hammered for the post, but I've also been pleasantly surprised by the majority of well-thought-out comments, such as yours, with the exception of your final statement. :-) 

Edited by Bubba Pearson

@ThePenitentOne: I'm pretty much in line with everything you mentioned, and I do buy GW when I can afford it.  As I said, I think their models are absolutely top-drawer.  I too often convert my third-party models to better fit in with the 40K aesthetic.  I didn't mean to imply that everyone should eschew new releases entirely, although I can see how my post could be interpreted that way.  Especially, I wouldn't in any way want to see GW suffer or actually go out of business.  I realize profit has to be a big factor with any successful company, especially with a new release.  It's simply that I remember a time when the company was quite a bit more 'freewheeling' and price-conscious, which is what got them to the place they are today -- the powerhouse company basically running the show.  Just a little sigh for the old days, I suppose. :-)  Great points you mentioned, and a very articulate post.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Edited by Bubba Pearson

Cool, and I too share many of your thoughts. I do wish the hobby was less expensive. I'm still optimistic that GW will do right by us old schoolers- they've impressed me on a few fronts. The price one recently was fiends of slaanesh- they're now better models, plastic, and cheaper! Blew my mind. Especially since they went the other way with the new greater daemon of slaanesh- it's ridiculously expensive for what it is (it's nice that it's muli-build, but who can afford two of those kits?).

Personally, I wish this sister had been a kill team release, but of course that would require letting new AoF rules out of the bag.

Anyway, didn't mean to sound judgmental or imply that you weren't a GW fan- it is clear that you are. Cheers! 

@Closet Skeleton: my major problem is that I do NOT want to keep it strictly old school, not where new models are concerned at least. :-)  Actually, I would love to acquire the new model.  It's just a bit too expensive for me, and I do want to be able to continue to use the models I have collected already, of course.  I really didn't put too much thought into the possibility of scale creep, and probably should have, since that's been going on with GW since the beginning.  The original Rogue Trader plastic models were pretty accurately scaled to 25mm.  By the time 40K was released, they'd already crept up to about 28mm.  Now they're 30 to 32mm and larger.  I don't like the look of my existing gaming pieces mixed in with the new at all, even with rules and fluff explaining how it's all okay.  I haven't bought anything at all from the new Primaris line yet, although I do have nearly all of the similarly scaled "Hero" model releases, as well as most of the other LE figures they've released.   I also was disappointed to find those so incredibly out of scale with the entirety of the rest of my collection.  They've all become display pieces, rather than the gaming figures I hoped to make most of them, which is okay.  My miniature diorama skills have improved enough that I finally can just about do them justice, so it's worked out.  I am concerned, however, because  I simply can't afford to replace everything I've acquired from GW since the beginning of the company here in the U.S.  I don't particularly like the idea that it seems like they want me to do so, even though I do understand GW has become big business now, and has to conduct business accordingly.  At least their commitment to high quality has remained a priority.  In with the new and out with the old?  Sigh. :-)  

Especially since they went the other way with the new greater daemon of slaanesh- it's ridiculously expensive for what it is (it's nice that it's muli-build, but who can afford two of those kits?).

The new GUO and Keeper are so similar in size to the Forgeworld versions that you can treat them as cheaper equivalents.

Sure, it's expensive cash wise for a model that has nothing special about it in terms of rules, but it's completely in line with other GW standalone limited run models; see the 30th Anniversary Intercessor Sergeant as an example. But it's not really there to be a compelling choice from a gameplay point of view; it's there to be a centrepiece, collectors model, and should be viewed in that way.

They're all cheaper than the Primaris characters but those are beyond what I can defend.

Anyone have a shot of her standing toe to toe with a metal sister?

That's exactly what I would love to see. With the way she fills that 32mm base, I'm a bit worried.

Just a bit though -- going by most of the responses, it seems likely that she's no bigger than the previously newest and slightly larger Sister models, such as Celestine, Elanor and Genevieve (and Inquisitor Greyfax), from the "Triumvirate of the Imperium" release back in '17," which I quite liked. Many of the available alternative models are scaled similarly, and I think they and the three just mentioned still look okay with the original metal Sisters on the tabletop. Still, a photo would tell the tale absolutely.

I'm just hoping the difference is nowhere near that of the existing, or I guess I now should say previous, Space Marines, and the Primaris (and other) newly released minis and models (and those latest Primarchs? Yipes! (grin)). I have a very large collection of GW goodies now, acquired over more than 30 years of hobbying, so I certainly don't look forward to replacing that collection just to be able to stick with "official"40K. Actually, I'm now fairly certain I won't, yet that won't stop me from buying new GW models. They are among the best, as they've always been.

I've had an outlook on wargaming along the lines of buying the minis I like, and only then finding rules with enough wiggle room to plug them in, and Rogue Trader was all about such a philosophy. 40K is not. I will continue to buy GW models certainly, including what I'll term the Primaris scaled minis and models. On further reflection however, after nine different iterations of the game (RT and eight 40K versions), I think I'm about done with the very expensive and wasteful need to replace all the texts and such "required" to support the models with every new release. I'm lucky to have friends open enough to homerules and outright homegrown rules that it shouldn't really affect my continued gaming, thank goodness. It is beginning to look to me like I may be closing in on a time where modeling is more the focal point of the hobby than gaming. Hmm... That remains to be determined.

FYI: Rob Baer of Spikey Bits has a video featuring the new GW Sister Amalia box opening, assembly and reveal on YouTube, for those interested in an eyes-on examination. I searched using the text "40K Battle Sister," although the word "new" preceeding the two word string may reduce the huge number of videos through which you may have to wade to find it. :-)

Unfortunately, it confirmed my worst fears. She's huge. She scales well with the new Primaris models, but is very noticeably oversized compared to the previously 'standard' Space Marines and 'Sisters. She is way larger than the GW Kreieg figure to which she's held up in the video, so she would look fairly strange on a tabletop leading or operating with such a force, including the existing metal Battle Sisters from GW. She also outsizes the previously newest Battle Sisters like Celestine, Inquisitor Greyfax, and the similarly scaled models from 3rd party vendors.

Ok perspective is key! ..the new saint is only slightly bigger than the old one!

Secondly Amalia is the same size as canonness V and Inq Greyfax...and head and shoulders taller than the old canoness.

Edit here’s a couple of pics...sorry for the <bleep> quality...it’s an IPad!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/15664-sister-comparison/

Edited by Slasher956

The model turned out perhaps slightly less expensive than I feared it would be because of the print; speaking of which, it is unfortunately folded into quarters - folded prints/posters are USELESS! Luckily I personally wasn't interested in the print anyway. Regardless still a hefty price for sure for a single mini. However it is straight up among the top GW models of all time for me, so there's that.

The scale - as I said in the other thread, there are people of different sizes, even among the Sisters. Now of course if the entire plastic range is bigger, like it probably will be by a slight margin, that's one thing, but frankly judging on this it's still very easily within the normal size variance of humans. Mainly she looks taller than the metal Sisters because her pose is more upright. I'm certainly not bothered, and I'll just run a mixed army of metal of plastic when the time comes.

Edited by tvih

Wow, height difference.

Well, I guess that settles it - I’m going to be selling off the metal ones and replacing them! I knew I would be over time, but this just ups the urgency. I’ll probably do it all at once instead of a little at a time.

Anyone in the market for some old sisters? :p

Anyone in the market for some old sisters? :p

Nah, I hear some new ones are comin’ ;)

I picked the model up online, so I’ve yet to see it with my own implants, but it does look like a fantastic show piece. It’s that reason, plus the Sororitas hype and history, that makes the high-ish price okay with me. It’s right there at the top of what I’m comfortable spending on a piece like this, and I hope to whoever that this isn’t a sign to GW that they can go ahead and do this with every army release down the line.

The only other parallel that would warrant this kind of high priced trooper would be a squat release I think, due to the hype associated with it and the time that’s gone from last seeing one.

Now that I actually assembled the miniature... it's really close to the scale of the old models, closer than even I myself thought after on-sprue estimations. Comparing it to an old Seraphim, since their legs and pose are the least bent, there's very little difference. With their heads at the same level - from the top of the head to waist, from waist to knee, and knee to ankle the differences are essentially completely negligible. The bottom of Amalia's feet are at the same level as Seraphim's toes, however while the Seraphim's toes are angled down, her legs are still more bent than Amalia's so it's essentially even steven. Amalia's shoulder plates stand up higher than Seraphim's, but they're a slightly different design anyway.

While everyone's obviously free to do as they wish, I gotta say that if someone revamps their entire army - or are alternatively ready dismiss the plastic range - because of a scale difference based on this model, that's some next level Chaos-induced madness and y'all need to find the nearest appropriate authority and report yourself :tongue.:

On the other hand if you've been influenced by Slaaneshi lustfulness, her boobplates are notably smaller... so I guess there's a "scale" difference after all :rolleyes:

Edited by tvih

I'll admit that its just the one model, but do you really think that the new line won't have been made to match?

At any rate, I will admit that matching scale is my own personal issue. You don't want to see what I did to keep my 15mm Napoleonics consistent when the manufacturer went out of business. A plastic battle sister standing as tall as she does compared to the old metal ones might not be an issue for you, but there is no way I would want them fielded together in my army. Her matching the pointed toe of St Celestine isn't promising when she's standing flat footed. Again, my own personal standard for my own personal army of my own personal models.

As far as replacing a fully army of metal models with plastics. If I was in that mindset (I'm not) I would want to see the rules first. I don't think even the Beta feedback will produce a Dex half as good as the Index was. We had a gem with the Index, it was a glorious mistake just like the 3ed black book list was quite good, until they fixed it. I would say we're a couple decades out from such a thing happening again.