Video of new Sister Unboxing

Just a FYI announcement:

Rob Baer has a video featuring the new GW Sister Amalia box opening and reveal on YouTube, for those interested in an eyes-on examination. I searched using the text "40K Battle Sister," although the word "new" preceeding the two word string battle sister may reduce the huge number of videos through which you have to wade to find it. :-)

Unfortunately, it confirmed my size concerns. She's huge. She scales well with the new Primaris models, but would be very noticeably oversized compared to the previously 'standard' Space Marines and 'Sisters. She is much larger than the finished GW Kreig infantry model to which she's held up in the video, so she would look fairly strange on a tabletop leading or operating with such a force, including the existing metal Battle Sisters from GW. She also outsizes the previously newest Battle Sisters and other models like Celestine, Inquisitor Greyfax, and similarly scaled offerings from 3rd party vendors -- she is displayed fully assembled on screen next to a completed Celestine model, making the difference obvious, to me at least.

Edited by Bubba Pearson

Links always help!

Now I dont think shes that bad when compared to the new saint

----------‐----------------------

The difference between these two certainly is open to indivual interpretation. Even so, I see Celestine, straining upwards on her tippy toes, yet still being noticeably smaller than her newest counterpart. The difference between Amalie (sp?) and the existing Battle Sisters will seem pretty glaring, at least to my eyes. I still very badly want to acquire the model. :-)

its one of those things... side by side yes it does stand out...however on a gaming table (which is where my PoV is centred) I dont think it'll be to bad.

When mine turns up I'll do a side by side of Amelia, New Saint, Old saint, Canoness V and old canoness if something similar hasnt already been posted...

Besides... remember that not all people are the same size. The Sisters aren't a clone army.

Incidentally I just picked up the model today, although I really shouldn't have yet due to monetary reasons... but here we are. I may look at getting her painted - or at least started - tomorrow outside of ETL.

Just call her Sister Amalia of Tarth ... there are women in the world taller than 5’8...

It’s a fact of GW life, have you noticed in white dwarf there are no standard marines in battle reports anymore ?!...

When the new sisters drop they will play it the same, you won’t see any old models ever grace the pages unless it’s a time warp article.

You are correct in the fact GW wants us to spend lots and often... they didn’t have shareholders in the golden age of GW when you started your hobby (me too as well actually) ...

I feel for you I honestly do...

Mithril

20190702-175220.jpg

Hope this helps. They are the same size.

Everyone will view the model with their own interpretation or prejudice, naturally, so most of us probably see what we want (or were afraid) to see. :-)  I still think there's a difference, and it seems to me one of scale, not just different physiques.  Think about the comparison with Greyfax' hat removed.  The hat seems (to me) to be what's bringing her up to the height of Amalia, but since it's impossible to accurately determine what's underneath the hat, any determination of height is guesswork at best.  To eliminate doubt, you could determine similarity or difference definitively, since you have both models, if you would be so kind.  If you measure each from bottom of heel to top of head, leaving out the actual "high heel" measurement entirely -- or, since the top of Ms. Greyfax' head isn't accurately defined, from bottom of heel to mid eyeball -- that should do the trick.  For convenience, let's say all of the models represent ladies that are 6' tall.  The metal Sisters are scaled to 28mm, so a six foot tall warrior would measure 1" or 28mm in height (I know you know this).  I think the difference between the two examples pictured will be that Greyfax is scaled to around 30mm, while Amalia is scaled closer to 32mm.  If you don't have a millimeter scale, 1 actual inch equals 2.5cm or 25mm exactly, so 6 feet is 72 inches, etc.  Could you measure the models and give us the results?

Edited by Bubba Pearson

A quick and simple horizontal line test on that image once again shows a very minimal difference. With bottom of the feet at the same level (granted, Greyfax has heels and the basing makes harder to see feet exactly, but same applies if starting from the knee), the difference in the level of their eyes is about the same as the thickness of Greyfax's bowstring. How would this indicate a "problem" when contempary women can easily be anything from 5' to 6' without being considered unusual? I just honestly don't get it. The miniatures may be mass-produced but supposedly the characters, soldiers etc they represent aren't clones so why are miniscule size differences such a boogieman to some?

I swear, someone's gonna take the models to a micron-level measurement to nitpick. Which boggles my mind, the other boggling thing being that I'm even bothering replying to such things :p