Warbringer's - Black Legion

I've recently turned traitor for an escalation thing my gaming group is doing and i've decided black legion warband is for me specifically based on the THQ Space Marine Game - Chosen of Nemeroth

I've started building my guys and the ETL VII pledge.

ETL Havoc

I have need of some advice on achieving my conversion with Nemeroth, Here is a picture of my current progress and also the reference image i'm using as inspiration.

Nemeroth Reference

nemeroth WIP

Would love to hear peoples thoughts and constructive criticism!

Thanks! 

I'm not sure about the claw its from a possessed and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for alternatives?

Nemeroth has two mutated power claws from the game.

So in short some advice on bits that might be suitable as a part of mutated power claws

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly getting there now managed to get the base coats done on the havoc's taking longer than i would have liked but starting to get there now for my ETL pledge.

Havoc - Basecoated

I've also done all the bases for these guys and a tester to see what it looks like.

I'm happy overall.

Basing

Managed to also get my Nemeroth converted up and just needing some tentacles which i'm struggling to get right, I also changed the base ever so slightly.

Nemeroth(Finished)

Nemeroth(Base)

Excellent work on that Nemeroth conversion! The pose looks as though the model had been conceived that way -- it also arguably shows off how the Abaddon has such a strong sense of presence, even with much of the clutter gone.

I don't want to cajole you into doing anything stupid, especially since Abaddon's facial sculpt is obviously great as is, but have you given some thought to replicating Nemeroths partially mangled face in some shape or form...?

In any case, excellent work so far!

Looking good on the Nemeroth conversion. Are those the Lightning Claws from the new Chaos Terminators kit?

They are! I tried loads but these were th only ones that came close!

Looking good! Funny how a lightning claw, a new tabard, no cape and a pair of horns can drastically change the tone of a model:) Where will the tentacles go?

On the face to try and make the facial features slightly more warped and not nemeroth.

I don't want to cajole you into doing anything stupid, especially since Abaddon's facial sculpt is obviously great as is, but have you given some thought to replicating Nemeroths partially mangled face in some shape.

Planning on adding the tentacles onto his face to try and make the face more similar.

I’ve manahed to finish the painting but struggling to upload from my phone tonight so will post tomorrow.

You're a skilled painter.

You sir are too kind. I’ll prove you wrong tomorrow when I add the picture of them finished.

Here they are my ETL VII vow is complete!

First time i've joined in and completed i'm going to get vow two ready now :)

I've really enjoyed painting these Chosen of Nemeroth and looking forward to completing the rest of the tale of four warlords we're running on the blog!

https://paintinginthedark.blog/2019/07/20/tale-of-four-warlords-week-1-progress/

Havoc Vow 1 Complete

Havoc Champion Rear

Havoc Champion Fromt

Havoc Champion Face

I'm really terrible at faces and since i'm suffering more and more with carpel tunnel i don't think that is going to change anytime soon.

A little jealous of the Nemeroth conversion. I keep looking at Nemeroth artwork every so often to help with Chaos conversions. It’s good to see someone taking it on. He’s looking great so far. How far are you going to go with the homage? Are you going to be sculpting the horn on his head?

The painted minis are looking good.

Though, I have one thing to ask: Are they only inspired by the Chosen of Nemeroth or supposed to be based on them? If the latter, the colour is ever-so-slightly off, as they have dark Grey armour, not black.

But these guys look good in any case! :thumbsup:

Also: Totally stealing the Lightning Claw idea for the Abaddon Conversion.

Edited by Gederas

The painted minis are looking good.

Though, I have one thing to ask: Are they only inspired by the Chosen of Nemeroth or supposed to be based on them? If the latter, the colour is ever-so-slightly off, as they have dark Grey armour, not black.

But these guys look good in any case! :thumbsup:

Also: Totally stealing the Lightning Claw idea for the Abaddon Conversion.

Do it! I've done them as a black legion warband rather than their own renegade warband.

A little jealous of the Nemeroth conversion. I keep looking at Nemeroth artwork every so often to help with Chaos conversions. It’s good to see someone taking it on. He’s looking great so far. How far are you going to go with the homage? Are you going to be sculpting the horn on his head?

Cheers! He doesn't have a horn on the artwork i've used as my reference not until he is part daemon prince, want to do some tubes from his face though.

Excellent work.

Thanks! you're too kind!

• 3 weeks later...

Vow 2 Complete

Vow 2 is now done!

Chuffed to have completed my first 440ish points of black legion.

Going to be working on some terminators and a terminator lord this month.

Tale of Four Warlords on the blog is going well currently sitting in 2nd place.

https://paintinginthedark.blog/2019/08/11/tale-of-four-warlords-first-month-part-2-2-games-played-points/

• 2 years later...

So following a good period of time I had left the Black Legion out to dry due to carpel tunnel.

Over the last two years I've managed to get that a bit more under control and can manage painting sessions better so really trying to get my black legion and mixed Chaos Warbands sorted.

I need to take some better photographs but he is finished!

Abaddon1

Abaddon2

Abaddon3

Abaddon4

I managed to get him used last night too and had a good session killing Arjac Rockfist.

In Battle

Excellent Abaddon! Great pose. Smashed it!

Was a pleasure destroying him on the tabletop…even if I did need to lure him out with Arjac.

What’s next Nemeroth?

A Hellbrute is next on my table going to try and get upto about 50pl and then start adding in Proxies!

I did finish a quick speed paint on some cultists last night too.