Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Lieutenants Daily #723

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

So now what's stopping me from putting primaris in rhinos instead of grav rhinos? Can't wait for the primaris storm raven and primaris land speeder:\

The rules?

• Noserenda, Xenith, Volt and 4 others like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

So now what's stopping me from putting primaris in rhinos instead of grav rhinos? Can't wait for the primaris storm raven and primaris land speeder:\

The rules?

I believe RedFox is saying a Primaris-Exclusive GravRhino is hilariously redundant because the Rhino exists.

• RedFox and SickSix like this

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts

The rules?

I believe RedFox is saying a Primaris-Exclusive GravRhino is hilariously redundant because the Rhino exists.

Oh hhh haha sorry i hope i didn't come off as rude! I get it it now. I was pretty sure primaris couldnt get in mini marine transports

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,716 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

The Rules. Primaris are designed as a semi-separate range from the regular Astartes, and will likely be separated further with future rules releases.
Don't think of it as anything to do with lore, this is a specific decision tied to the rage. The Primaris are probably a re-design/re-boot and tidy up of the Astartes range which has become filled with redundancies, bloat and suffers from being tied to a grand-fathered ethos dating back to Rogue Trader.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Orange Knight

Orange Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts

The rules?
Oh hhh haha sorry i hope i didn't come off as rude! I get it it now. I was pretty sure primaris couldnt get in mini marine transports

It looks significantly bigger than a Rhino, and the design overall is pretty different despite the front being vastly familiar.

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,290 posts

The rules?

Same reason a simple Land Raider + Turret Kitbash doesn't produce a repulsor (without MUCH work):
Because it will have a weapon/extras-loadout different to what we usually see on Rhinos.

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
Rhinos cant take big mini marines

Really hope this thing can take 12 primaris. Whether it has a missile turret or a dish is interesting too

A Rhino that can fly has lots of possibilities for shenanigans once it has unloaded

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,150 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

The rules?

Eh? So a vehicle that can transport Primaris is redundant because a vehicle that cannot transport them exists?

Sound logic.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,205 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Discussion regarding whether or not Primaris and Regular Marines should or should not be able to embark into each others transports is also not a topic for this Thread.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts

Really hope this thing can take 12 primaris. Whether it has a missile turret or a dish is interesting too

A Rhino that can fly has lots of possibilities for shenanigans once it has unloaded

Just because it looks stripped down weapon wise doesn't mean it won't have some sort of additional capability that expands its role past "metal box that moves things". 

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,290 posts

The rules?

Eh? So a vehicle that can transport Primaris is redundant because a vehicle that cannot transport them exists?

Sound logic.

You're thinking too narrow.
It's about the actual model.
Why buy/assemple/paint these new GravRhinos if I have 3-5 or even more Rhinos finished that I can use as counts as for this!?

Which is why I believe they have a slightly different Weapon Loadout or some extra goodies an old rhino does not have.
  • RedFox likes this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,184 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

The rules?
Eh? So a vehicle that can transport Primaris is redundant because a vehicle that cannot transport them exists?

Sound logic.
Why buy/assemple/paint these new GravRhinos if I have 3-5 or even more Rhinos finished that I can use as counts as for this!?

Which is why I believe they have a slightly different Weapon Loadout or some extra goodies an old rhino does not have.

Almost certainly a different shape and size too honestly.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Orange Knight

Orange Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts

The rules?

Sound logic.

Because it's not the same model? Different size, silhouette, wargear?
You would have to carry out significant conversion work on your Rhinos.

Your same argument can apply to almost any model that looks similar. The answer is simple - it's not that model.
  • Panzer likes this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,150 posts

It doesn't look the same shape/size, so even if everything else is the same, proxying Rhinos might be considered inappropriate as it would affect ranges etc. (I mean personally I don't care about stuff like that, but many do)

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,290 posts
You guys know that I am not saying that it would be possible or feasible to use Rhinos as counts-as, yes!?

I am arguing against it, just like you are.
I merely added the theory that GW gave it a different loadout, as an additional reason to make the use of counts-as Old-Rhinos impossible, rules-wise/in regards to WYSIWYG!

I do know it might not have side doors, it may have a slightly different silhouette and may be a little higher than a regular Rhino.
But with embarking/disembarking and targeting and facing all being less of a problem in 8th Edition, this matters little.

IF it would be just an Old rhino with new Grav Plates added to it, I could see people using their old Rhinos as counts-as for these.
(Just shove two Termi Bases ontop of each other under your Old-Rhino and Tadaa! It floats. Praise the Omnissiah!)

MadGreek

MadGreek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts
  • Faction: KHALKOTAUROI (Bronze Bulls)

If it is piloted, I'm kinda irked that they practically stole the design of the dreadnought for it. Surely all Dreads could be piloted by a marine so? Just steps on the toes of one of the last parts of grimdark that marines had left ( that is an almost-dead marine being the sentience of the dread).

I agree I would prefer they not be "piloted" AND look like a dread. If they wanted to do something like that for the Primaris they could have done an up-scaled version of the Centurions. That said, the original Rogue Trader era dreads were piloted by trained Marines, not interred, almost dead Marines).

12 Months Of Hobby Jan

Master Sergeant, USMC Retired

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts
So I'm fairly certain, the flying rhino has two sponsons on the front end on either side of the hull. Storm bolters/frag system. The redempter storm bolter sponsons.

No idea what's on top
  • Dracos likes this
banana

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts

Besides the whole grav repulsor thing, isn't the repulsor chassis to rhinos pretty much what the redemptor chassis is to the old castra ferrum (boxnaught) chassis, in terms of size?

Regardless, I think the whole argument "Why should I get X when I could just counts-as with Y instead" is pretty flimsy and entirely arbitrary. It can be applied to literally any two models.

Also I got the distinct impression we were warned to keep this on topic.

So I'm fairly certain, the flying rhino has two sponsons on the front end on either side of the hull. Storm bolters/frag system. The redempter storm bolter sponsons.

No idea what's on top

Looks like a small turret, perhaps in the vein of a single stalker/hunter like turret, or something to that effect? But i've already proven I can't really make sense of that blurry mess

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
Could be a stalker type weapon, since vanguard seems to be about deep strike and area deniel, could be like the Tau thing that messes with deep strike.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts

Just because it looks stripped down weapon wise doesn't mean it won't have some sort of additional capability that expands its role past "metal box that moves things".
Id laugh if it has a load of fiddly grenade launchers and icarus crap you HAVE to take

The storm bolter? sponsons do look cool and are a nice touch. A heavyish weapon would be fantastic, let alone multiple options

@GS a vehicle mounted omniscrambler would be cool, and/or something that lets you deepstrike within a certain radius of it ignoring usual 9 inch bubble

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 03 July 2019 - 04:20 PM.

• General Strike likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,136 posts
Bizarrely we had a military chap in today. Leftenant is RAF speak and other branched of UK armed forces it's lootenant. On that basis, go for what you like :)

Any guesses when the new primaris will drop/ full reveal?
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,788 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
That's not true. The military man is either incorrect or an ex RAF man who is doing what they do about being superior to the other services. It's pronounces Left-tenant in the UK.

Blooming RAF.

:)

Edited by Captain Idaho, 03 July 2019 - 07:09 PM.

• Noserenda, 01RTB01 and Sky Potato like this
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 819 posts

Bizarrely we had a military chap in today. Leftenant is RAF speak and other branched of UK armed forces it's lootenant. On that basis, go for what you like :)

Completely untrue. Bloody crabs telling lies...I would say they should stick to flying but they cant do that well either.

Edited by Subtleknife, 03 July 2019 - 07:37 PM.

• 01RTB01 and Sky Potato like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,150 posts
How about we leave the real life "my uniform is better than your uniform" at the door eh.
  • Nemesor Tyriks likes this

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,205 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Seems like its come to the point where the current well of information regarding the topic at hand has run dry.

As such, we'll be taking a break.

Feel free to report the topic so we can re-open it once we have new/more information to go on.

• Captain Idaho, Black Blow Fly and 01RTB01 like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users