NeuronFlux's Crusade

My $.02

I found I needed some long range shooting to make mass infantry work. You may want to think about some devestators, or failing that, put some heavy anti tank weapons like missiles, lascannons, or multi meltas in your heavy weapon slots.

Edit: my version of massed footslogging is drop pods, so its a little different.

Edited by Link2edition

My crusade has requisitioned some anti-tank power!

Just glued some bits on from the Black Templar upgrade sprue to give it some personality. For painting, I'm going to put my white colour in the inset part at the front of the hull. I'm also going to go with red weapons to give it some contrast. I'm tempted to blue the grav pads a bit (I'm painting them off the hull).

MDlat41h.jpg

Are those rhino doors on the side. How well do they fit?

Those are the rhino doors.

I started adding my Templar bits after I had assembled the model, so those are actually glued on top of the stock doors. I still they look good though and I don't think most people would notice.

I think you could use them in place of the regular doors, maybe a tiny bit of trimming. The hinges are different, but that isn't too big of a deal to fix.

Are those rhino doors on the side. How well do they fit?

Those are the rhino doors.

I started adding my Templar bits after I had assembled the model, so those are actually glued on top of the stock doors. I still they look good though and I don't think most people would notice.

I think you could use them in place of the regular doors, maybe a tiny bit of trimming. The hinges are different, but that isn't too big of a deal to fix.

Perfect. I'll definitely have to try that if I get another one. I'm thinking of modifying the upper part of the landraider front ramp to go on the middle section of the forward hull as extra armour too.

• 2 weeks later...

Inceptors finished (except for some grass tufts - I ran out.)

I added these to the crusade because I had the models lying around from my original Dark Imperium box. I think they should be good at knocking off backfield troop units sitting on objectives though. I'll deep strike them down under the tactical doctrine and max range and let them do their work.

I was ready to see these guys leave my painting table, but on my next set of primaris, I think I'll go with metal belt buckles, highlighted joint ribbing, and maybe a crusade number on the knee.

WGUFn4b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Maelstrom of War - Visions of Victory: 12 to 7 VP, victory for the Black Templars.

Had a great game versus a friend's Death Guard. I did have some issues with their vehicle demon saves and the disgustingly resilient rolls, but that's just how it is playing against Death Guard.

The Repuslor Executioner (still WIP), did great. I've had three games with it so far and it's been awesome. I've been pairing it with a the 2CP Chapter Master and a Lieutenant in every game.

The Emperor's Champion did great this game and finished off their Warlord Demon Prince on the turn it charged.

Other than that, there was a lot of vehicle explosions in this game and our 5+ FNP on mortal wounds did some work for me (giving those Death Guard players get a taste of their own medicine!).

E9eafBC.jpg

• 11 months later...

And I'm back! First models painted from the new Indomitus kit are these Eradicators. I'll probably paint up the Indomitus Captain Marshal next.

OQp94XN.jpg
H7VKTej.jpg

Since my last post I also painted up two drop pods and a Primaris Ancient as well. I'm looking forward to trying the drop pods out in 9th.

• 3 weeks later...

The Eradicators are well-painted and modeled. I think they should each wear a short sword at their belts, to look like Sigismund's disciples.

Thank you so much. I really like the Eradicators and I'd like to buy another three once they become available. I like your idea though and I'm tempted to use it for those models.

Assault Intercessors completed! My crusade grows!

I searched for black gothic squad numbers for the knees, but I could only find white. So I used the Roman numerals instead. For my next squad I think I'll leave the knee black and use the white decals.

q9VlhN0.jpg

Excellent work on the Intercessors. I like the dynamic poses that make these Sons of Dorn look like they're charging forth to bring the enemy within reach of their blades, following Sigismund's example as all Black Templars should. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Very nice job, look fantastic. If your crosses on the shoulders are Transfers they are so smooth - great work. 

Yeah just transfers. I never had great luck with transfers until I went out and bought proper Microsol and Microset. I can't recommend those products enough.

Also, gloss coat before transfers is key. I didn't do it in this case, but gloss coat after is a good idea as well. The gloss coat in both cases is a bit thicker and acts as a self-leveling gap filler - it just smoothes everything out.

Painted up my Primaris Captain from the Indomitus box.
In the few games I have played though I have been relying on Helbrecht as my warlord instead. Maybe I'll have to get the captain in the next game though.
hlUDpzj.jpg

I had a victorious game this weekend with Helbrecht as warlord and a Master of Sanctity with the Ancient Breviary relic. Devout push was very useful in blunting a turn 1 charge. A close game though with 44-36 points.

Speaking of Devout Push, I'm really looking forward to loading an Impulsor full of Bladeguard and getting my own turn 1 charges in!

Impulsor finished! Gearing up for my Bladeguard Veterans Devout Push strategy.

QgKKq3P.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/6LOTMa1 for more pictures (I like the last one of the driver).

I also managed to get my hands on some more Bladeguard Veterans models in order to fill the squad out. These are what I'll be painting next