sure, but that’s one reading of it. for some reason he never comes off as a sharrowkyn to me. akur was a singular being and it was revealing to see what affect that one astartes could have on a rival/bff legion’s ego rather than just “who was da bestest”

as a character study, i enjoyed it. it’s worth the price of admission alone for the final chapter with ferrus and fulgrim.

Edited by mc warhammer

I’m reading Ferrus now. I tend to avoid buying the Primarch novels because they’re so short with varying degrees of enjoyment, but so far I enjoy Guymer’s authorial voice. It’s a good mix of the deep expository style that Haley has that can sometimes feel disingenuous in dialogue, and the clipped staccato of an Abnett novel that has a more narrative flourish. Edited by Marshal Rohr

• 4 weeks later...

From the BL Weekender reveals, as posted by warcom David Guymer is getting this one.

Cover art:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/BLWeekenderReveals-Nov10-LordofFirst8sehrdfxc.jpg

(sorry, can't get the actual image to copy into B&C)

Edited by Indefragable

Great cover art, hopeful for the book itself but with some concerns. On the one hand, Guymer's Ferrus Manus book is thus far my least favourite of the Primarchs series, and the blurb describing the story sounds like it risks being another bland "the Lion is all secretive, oooooo" story. On the other hand, it -could- be made interesting if done right, and I did enjoy Guymer's Dreadwing novella.

• 2 months later...

Is this the first image we have of all six wings?  I can't recall them being shown anywhere else.

Also, I was initially expecting black and green, but the red makes sense for the time.

And just to make sure I've got it right...from left to right, Ironwing, Dreadwing, Stormwing, Firewing, Deathwing, Ravenwing.  I think.

Edited by Jareddm

Is this the first image we have of all six wings? I can't recall them being shown anywhere else.

Also, I was initially expecting black and green, but the red makes sense for the time.

And just to make sure I've got it right...from left to right, Ironwing, Dreadwing, Stormwing, Firewing, Deathwing, Ravenwing. I think.

You can somewhat make out the symbols on the 30k transfer sheet, but this is the first clear look.

And yes, that's the correct order!

I'm really considering trying to get a copy. I like the use of the legion symbolism.

Edited by Darkwrath121

Guymer's expansion of the Wing structure and characterization of the Lion in Dreadwing were wonderful, and the reason I'm really looking forward to this one, even though I wasn't really impressed with any of his other works.  Except Cold Blood.  That was awesome.

Is this the first image we have of all six wings? I can't recall them being shown anywhere else.

And just to make sure I've got it right...from left to right, Ironwing, Dreadwing, Stormwing, Firewing, Deathwing, Ravenwing. I think.

I was hoping at the start of this series the books would be matching. It never made sense to start with Gulliman and it not being blue and then making random ones coloured. The Fulgrim and Vulkan books are particularly vile looking. Gulliman, Corax, Khan, Perturabo and Manus are all sort of similar colours but not really, the collection all looks rather messy.

29th Feb. There’s an existing Lion novella thread a couple down from this one btw

Not anymore. I've merged fire golem's question topic with the existing topic (for the second time - see his prior post and Grey Angel's reply above).

29th Feb. There’s an existing Lion novella thread a couple down from this one btw

Not anymore. I've merged fire golem's question topic with the existing topic (for the second time - see his prior post and Grey Angel's reply above).

Not mine ;)

In the warhammer community post it say, quote

"This deluxe numbered hardback will be available in very limited quantities in Warhammer stores – so get to your local store early if you want to get it!"

Does that mean they will have a physical copy in the store and that it can't be ordered online?