My First Sister of Battle! Finished!

heya, i got my hands on the plastic sister the other day so i wanted to show what i'd done so far (it's not finished as the family has been unwell and iv'e only been able to paint her off n on over the last few days)

Anyways here's my WiP so far.. she's almost done

med_gallery_9146_7882_10864.jpg med_gallery_9146_7882_36548.jpg

and the base -

med_gallery_9146_7882_225052.jpg

since these pics i have finished the base and painted her boltgun in red... all i have to do is finish the hard part...the Face :ermm:

anyways the new sister of battle has lots of detail and is a great sculpt, i look forward to the rest of the army coming along...

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

The colors look really nice! As a note for when you do more, the skull-in-a-circle emblem on her base and at her waist is technically the emblem of the Order of Our Martyred Lady, in case that makes any difference to you.

Thanks for the heads up, not much i can do about that except write it into my fluff For my "Sisters of Avalon" order... or perhaps she was just visiting the other convent on that day :tongue.:

cheers, Mithril

She's looking really cool there! Every time I see that plastic sister the temptation to pick her up and replace her bolter with a flaming sword to use as a canoness grows!

Well if we don’t get flaming sword characters in the plastic release then that may well be the way to go, I can easily see it being done !!

Cheers, Mithril

No, you haven't. My FLGS was shipped ten copies of Sister Amalia Novena last week. That's right, a non-Warhammer store received ten copies. Needless to say, I was rather pissed off that I wasted a Saturday driving to get one from a GW store after being told it was a GW-store/online only in the BSB.

Check with your FLGS just to see.

No, you haven't. My FLGS was shipped ten copies of Sister Amalia Novena last week. That's right, a non-Warhammer store received ten copies. Needless to say, I was rather pissed off that I wasted a Saturday driving to get one from a GW store after being told it was a GW-store/online only in the BSB.

Check with your FLGS just to see.

I had the same experience. Went to the not so local GW store, they had 10, I was maybe the 15th person in, there was a line.

Dejected I stopped by my local gaming store and they had received 3, no one knew and I was able to get one.

Very happy for me there.

A very nicely painted model, BTW.

Edited by MadEdric

Well, after finding out that my scheme was super close to the sisters of the Order of the Argent Shroud... i caved in a went why not, established fluff etc, decals please GW :sweat: a chance of rules in the new book.... So Argent Shroud they are now.

i kept the purple Abdomen on her as i thought she's a Character and still needs to stand out from the rest :cool.: so a little royal bling is ok...

*the head had many dramas including getting lost ,ending up in white spirits,losing detail from a scouring pad :ohmy.: ...lets say this head is temporary till i can replace it...

But apart from that she is done....

Now i need more plastic sisters to paint :laugh.:

med_gallery_9146_7882_289539.jpg med_gallery_9146_7882_66484.jpg

Cheers Mithril

Very nice Mith. Why didn't you use her in the ETL?

I'm doing Necrons for the ETL... :blush.:  and she wasn't out when i decided to commit to a force :sweat: ...plus it wouldn't have been much of a ETL vow... 1 model :laugh.:

thanks for looking ,

Cheers, Mithril

@Jack Burton - the armor is the new paint Grey Knight steel - its pretty awesome as a colour :thumbsup:  i did a Nuln wash over it and then re hit the high points with a thinned coat of the original colour, I'm def going to do shiny armour with this paint from now on :cool.:

thanks for the comments and likes.

bring on plastic sisters !! 

Cheers, Mithril

Looks great! I'm glad you moved away from the purple on the shoulders, it looked a bit clashy. Model ties together really nicely, and that fabric I adore. Well done.

Looks great! I'm glad you moved away from the purple on the shoulders, it looked a bit clashy. Model ties together really nicely, and that fabric I adore. Well done.

Thanks man, Yeah I’m glad I dumped the purple shoulders too :-D , I wasn’t seeing my vision in the first run I did so I either had to change it or never look at her again !!! Lol , on the standard sisters I’m definitely doing red on the inside of the robes...Amalia was too hard to do that with, once she was together and over half done I thought gee I should’ve painted the insides before anything else Doh >.<

I’m looking forward to doing an Argent Shroud army now I’ve sorted out my colours..

Cheers, Mithril