Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos knights, and You

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Mushkilla

Mushkilla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
So it seems the helm of warp sight relic would mitigate the ranged part of the -1 to hit penalty of the defiant machine spirit damnation. Not game changing but handy none the less.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,170 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Hmm, is the lower stat brackets on the datasheet counted as modifiers? :P

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he´╗┐ saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Stray

Stray

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 869 posts
  • Faction: House Malinax

I've heard in various places that our Titanic Duel stratagem, affects both players. Mechanically, this seemed bizarre to me - you'd often have to hand over a huge advantage to get it to go off.

I've been reading and considering it thoroughly today, and I confess I don't see anything to indicate a bonus or benefit being handed to the opponent at all. I suspect, this has being misread quite badly by people.

Here is the wording:

'Select one CHAOS KNIGHTS MODEL from your army that is within 1" of any enemy TITANIC UNITS. Both players secretly choose a number between one and three... ...The numbers are revealed at the same time; if they differ, then until the end of that phase, add the number YOU chose to the Attacks characteristics of that MODEL, but attacks made with melee weapons by that MODEL can only target TITANIC UNITS.'

Notice how the opponents piece is always referred to as a unit, and ours as a model - I think purposely to differentiate the element the stratagem is working upon. The strat also clearly says that we apply the number WE (you) chose to the attacks - there is no implication apparent that the opponent can do the same. They merely get to attempt to prevent you receiving a bonus, thus nullifying the strat...

• Excessus likes this

Mushkilla

Mushkilla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
Yeah, it only affects the chaos knight. It's really clear.

The 40k internet isn't always good at reading comprehension. Several places I've seen people say the profane secrets pact gives you a CP a turn. Or say the break the enemy stratagem is pointless. Or just generally completely misquote rules. Etc.
  • Stray likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users