Ultramarines - Indomitus Crusaders

KJB

So...

I've been going back and forth for the past few weeks over which chapter to start building up - I'd decided to go Blood Angels, then Dark Angels, then finally, finally, I was going Imperial Fists.

Or so I thought... Now, I'm going with Indomitus Crusade veterans from the Ultramarines*

Captain**:

gallery_576_15679_23878.jpg

Parts List:

Lieutenant Amulius

Left arm and sword from Dark Angel Primaris upgrade kit

Head from BA lieutenant Tolmeron

Cloak from Primaris Captain

Plastic MK III shoulder pads

Apothecary:

gallery_576_15679_663.jpg

Parts List:

Primaris Apothecary

Ork Skulls from Citadel Skulls box

Intercessor Veteran Sergeant:

gallery_576_15679_1709.jpg

gallery_576_15679_12168.jpg

Parts List:

Primaris Intercessor body

Head from Ultramarine Primaris upgrade kit

Right arm/sword from the Deathwatch kit

Bionic left arm from Hellblaster kit

Bolt pistol from BA Lieutenant Tolmeron

I'm going to finish the rest of the Intercessor squad this week, all will have the plastic MK III shoulder pads as I think they bulk the model out nicely.

*The astute among you will notice I haven't added any chapter specific icons or shoulder pads... This is "just in case..."

** The Captain is definitely finished, I'm not swapping his head again - I don't think the model could take having the head removed another time

Lovely stuff – I've been watching the development of the figures on your other thread for a bit; and it's been interesting to watch you way of working. 

While I can't fault the decision to go for Ultramarines, I'd always suggest giving the scheme a try on a test model before really committing. It's a great way to see whether you enjoy the process and the result. :)

I love the look so far, the MK3 shoulder pads really lend themselves to bulking out that shoulder width, I may have to steal that idea for my next project.

I’m looking forward to seeing them with some paint on.

Keep up the good fight.

** The Captain is definitely finished, I'm not swapping his head again - I don't think the model could take having the head removed another time

Oof, almost makes me feel a little bad there :ermm:

Really do dig this head though, for what its worth :wink:

Haha, nah, you were spot on with the bionic eye comment - I much prefer this head as well! 

Not shure how you like your big, power armoured boys, but slapping something along the waist/belt works wonders. Some like their power boys slimmer though.

I know what you mean, I always add the extra bits on when I've finished the squad

Edited by KJB

Built up a few more Intercessors, 2 more to go until I have a squad of 5 - And then, onto the Hellblaster kit I've had since they were launched...

However, big moment of the week (for me anyway) was finding a replacement head for good old Bobzilla - I wasn't keen on the MK 8 helm that came with the kit, nor the lemon sucking bare head, the primaris bare heads were a touch too small and the MK X helms looked weird - This one is from the Custodes Allarus Terminator box, with the gem on the forehead removed, I think it scales quite well with the model and looks suitably ornate enough for a Primarch.

gallery_576_15679_11519.jpg

Looks like it's Ultramarines are go after all....