Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modernized Khorne Berzerkers thread

Khorne Khorne Berzerkers Kitbash Conversions

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,731 posts

Interesting, i'll keep an eye on them.

gallery_92768_11583_3171.png                         gallery_92768_11583_2220.jpg

My Legio XII Project Log     

My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

My 40k World Eaters & Knights Showcase

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,335 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
What about just using the new Csms with some zerker bits?

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,320 posts

I think the Berzerker kit is scaled too small.  You get stumpy arms.  Plus the old kit only has enough axes to actually build 6 bodies so it's not only not great visually but it doesn't really save you money.  Unless you only want to use GW plastic, I don't think it's a great option.  But that's just my opinion, I'm sure some others don't mind.

• Guiltysparc likes this

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,568 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

Well thats to be expected by a 20 years old kit.

:cuss this kit was "brand new" when i started in 3rd Ed, and i was 12-13yro.

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,731 posts

Here are the first four of my berzerker kitbash.  Man, the new CSM kit is soooo nice.  

gallery_92768_15770_85539.jpg

• Cheex, mithrilforge, Brother Mayhem and 6 others like this

gallery_92768_11583_3171.png                         gallery_92768_11583_2220.jpg

My Legio XII Project Log     

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,366 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

They are looking great!  Great use of the new minis.

• Guiltysparc likes this

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,211 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Oh yes I love this thread. Thank you all for sharing.
  • Guiltysparc likes this

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

Schurge

Schurge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 110 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters + Daemons

Just a word of warning with Shapeways chainaxes - I found that after several months, mine have gone "sparkly", and this was even visible through primer. It was quite bizarre.

I've moved onto using Conversion World chainaxes, which look better to me anyway IMHO.

What does "all sparkly" mean? I am thinking about buying a bunch of Shapeway axes because I hate working with the Forgeworld axes I've got and they keep breaking off.

Edited by Schurge, 01 May 2020 - 06:07 PM.

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,943 posts

Just a word of warning with Shapeways chainaxes - I found that after several months, mine have gone "sparkly", and this was even visible through primer. It was quite bizarre.

I've moved onto using Conversion World chainaxes, which look better to me anyway IMHO.

What does "all sparkly" mean? I am thinking about buying a bunch of Shapeway axes because I hate working with the Forgeworld axes I've got and they keep breaking off.

As in, it looked like they were rolled in glitter.

Maybe I got a bad batch, maybe it's to do with the heat here, but that was my experience. They also had very visible layers from the printing process.

The Conversion World axes are nothing like Forgeworld or Finecast. My experience was that the detail was crisp, there were no bubbles, and no mould lines at all. Just one bit of the resin gate at the bottom, which was very easy to clean off. I do recommend pinning them into the hands that hold them (I used a 0.8mm drill bit).

• ElDuderino and Schurge like this

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,731 posts

Finished up the squad, super happy with them!

gallery_92768_15770_6299.jpg

Here is a pic showing the chainaxe bit better.  There are definite printing lines and the bit itself isn't very sharp, but after i slapped paint on it i was still pretty happy with the purchase.  I'd give Conversion World a shot next time.  I do like them a lot more than the forge world bits though.

gallery_92768_15770_181661.jpg

Edited by Guiltysparc, 05 May 2020 - 02:10 PM.

• RolandTHTG, Juggernut, Tallarn Commander and 2 others like this

My Legio XII Project Log     

Abaddon303

Abaddon303

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Marines
Hi just to chip in with a few quick questions for those that have already done this.

I have about 30 old badly painted berserkers in storage at my folks house. I've planned to renew them for years and looking to build 2 units of 8 for fluff and practicality reasons!

I've got a set of the ten shadowspear CSMs and also about 5 spare heads from the skullcrushers set.

1. If I buy a box of the blood warriors, I presume the heads are comparable size to the skullcrusher ones?

2. What would be the best legs to put on some of the blood warrior torsos to make up the other 6? Should I just try to source a few new CSM legs?

3. I reckon I've got almost enough chain axes on my old berserkers. Will they look bad alongside the Forgeworld ones? Or the new sculpts? I seem to remember them being pretty chunky? I can cut them off at the hand if needed.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,430 posts

Hi just to chip in with a few quick questions for those that have already done this.

I have about 30 old badly painted berserkers in storage at my folks house. I've planned to renew them for years and looking to build 2 units of 8 for fluff and practicality reasons!

I've got a set of the ten shadowspear CSMs and also about 5 spare heads from the skullcrushers set.

1. If I buy a box of the blood warriors, I presume the heads are comparable size to the skullcrusher ones?

2. What would be the best legs to put on some of the blood warrior torsos to make up the other 6? Should I just try to source a few new CSM legs?

3. I reckon I've got almost enough chain axes on my old berserkers. Will they look bad alongside the Forgeworld ones? Or the new sculpts? I seem to remember them being pretty chunky? I can cut them off at the hand if needed.

1: They're the same size

2: Mark III legs work for me, imo.

3: It's mainly the hand/arm being chunky. The axes themselves are fine.

• Juggernut likes this

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,013 posts
The blood warrior torsos lack abdomens, luckily most of the new csms have the abdomens attached to the legs, with separate bits for the chest plate. So just replace the front chest plate with blood warrior chests, minor green stuff work required.

And yeah, blood warrior heads work great for this:)

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,731 posts

The blood warrior torsos lack abdomens, luckily most of the new csms have the abdomens attached to the legs, with separate bits for the chest plate. So just replace the front chest plate with blood warrior chests, minor green stuff work required.

And yeah, blood warrior heads work great for this:)

Not quite, the new CSM kit is a mix of single legs with matching torso/single leg combos.  ie, one bit is the torso plus one leg, another bit is the matching other leg.  One or two of the sculpts have both legs as one bit with a matching torso, sans legs, bit.  Its super different from the primaris kits with the totally separate torso and legs.  I can take a couple pics of the assembly book if that would be helpful.

• Dr_Ruminahui likes this

My Legio XII Project Log     

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Khorne, Khorne Berzerkers, Kitbash, Conversions

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users