Scarab post.

Beatnik cryptek

Your previous thread was flagged for the content and I have been away from my computer more this week so was late dealing with it. Since you've got this one here now let's just move forward with this one. If you have any questions about it feel free to message me.

I've also found these little guys on puppetswar:

cyber_spiders_swarm_01.jpg

It's a shame that FW stopped selling their Scarabs a while back. While everything they make comes with a hefty price tag they were quite nice looking.

Forge-World-Canoptic-Scarabs.jpg

For my own army I have a ton of plastic ones that I made a cast of to embellish the bases a bit. I always felt they should be a swarm so only having three or four on a base seemed off so I have seven or eight per. Probably could have added more honestly, and if I had known there were tiny scarabs in the Tesseract Vault kit! Hindsight, right?

Warhammer-40K-Bits-Necron-Tesseract-Vaul

Edited by NTaW

I used to do that for the same reason you mention but the wow factor of a 3 scarab base racing at your enemy kinda felt lack lustre..:blush.:

i'm with NTaW (having a home made mold)

i'm trying to use a mold to make hundreds:sweat:  of em so i can make a themed base board for armies on parade next year... A literal Carpet swarm of scarabs racing over ruined buliding terrain whilst the main force Marches through the buildings and the vehicles are hovering ominously behind them :cool.:

those alternates are cool though :thumbsup:

Mithril

=][=

As a reminder, the Bolter and Chainsword does not permit trading or selling between its members utilizing the board functions.

If members wish to proceed with trades, they should do so outside the confines and functions of the Bolter and Chainsword.

Carry on.

=][=

I used 5-6 for mine. Trying to go for the swarm look as well. I also cut the goofy stand off the bottom and just glued them to the top of my basing. Looks better in my eyes. Model for advantage? Possibly. But I rarely find a 1/2” wall to hide them behind.

I usually put one "real" scarab on the stand on a base then put two green stuff ones on the base itself, paint 'em,  then cover the base in glue and dip in in red sand to make it look like one has phased up and it moving while the other two are emerging from the ground. 

Gw may not  like it, but my lack of regard for their wishes is large enough to cover that. 

Honestly if GW sold a mixed Scarab box like the skull box they have I'd buy two.

I've played mine at the local GW a couple times and one of the employees was complimenting the swarm specifically and asked if I cast them. I said yes and gave my reasons but to my surprise he just said great job and we kept on talking about more 40k stuff. With certain things they just have to be OK with it at the end of the day and if it's strictly for personal use and not for profit of any kind they don't have a leg to stand on challenging it (at least here in Canada).

I swear I've seen another 3rd party Scarab option but I just can't remember the name of the manufacturer. At this point I'm searching, bookmarking, and categorizing everything I can find so hopefully they aren't a ghost in my memory.

Honestly if GW sold a mixed Scarab box like the skull box they have I'd buy two.

I've played mine at the local GW a couple times and one of the employees was complimenting the swarm specifically and asked if I cast them. I said yes and gave my reasons but to my surprise he just said great job and we kept on talking about more 40k stuff. With certain things they just have to be OK with it at the end of the day and if it's strictly for personal use and not for profit of any kind they don't have a leg to stand on challenging it (at least here in Canada).

I swear I've seen another 3rd party Scarab option but I just can't remember the name of the manufacturer. At this point I'm searching, bookmarking, and categorizing everything I can find so hopefully they aren't a ghost in my memory.

You know I have a sneaking hunch that gw has realized it has to accept proxy figures and even recasts. I just have the feeling that gw knows if everyone had to buy every model inntheri army at gw prices and every book,  codex,  chapter approved,  etc,  their customer base would shrink a lot. 

I just suspect gw considers things like recasts,  proxies and downloads to be keeping a lg of people buying at least some of gw's obscenely overpriced stuff, and figure that some of a loaf is better than none.