Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sorcerer Models / Conversions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Captain Conrad

Captain Conrad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 50 posts

So i recently turned to Chaos off the back of the new releases and I'm looking to expand my collection with a basic sorcerer however I'm finding all the GW models very out dated. Does anyone have any good suggested alternative models or conversions they are willing to share?

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 923 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

I converted the Lord from the 6th and 7th ed. boxed sets (Dark Vengeance) with a simple weapon swap with the staff that comes with the terminator sorcerer/lord and a hand swap for the melee cultist leader from DV.  Here's the original DV Lord (painted) with the conversion.

bvwkee5.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui, 10 July 2019 - 09:42 PM.

• Darnok and Kierdale like this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,426 posts
If your bits box is deep enough, do a full on kit bash.

Mine was a homage to an old mini:
med_gallery_63428_9407_60239.jpegmed_gallery_63428_9407_1210566.jpg
  • Darnok, Forté, Gumo9 and 2 others like this

40k nut

40k nut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

I made some good conversions, can't figure out how to share pictures on Bolter and Chainsword. I bought base torsos, legs, and capes off ebay from the  Exalted Sorcerers kit. It is a set of 3 thousand sons sorcerers. I took those base bodies and capes off ebay for cheap and added bits from my bits box. I now have two jump pack sorcerers and a basic dude on foot, they look great with little effort.

Edited by 40k nut, 11 July 2019 - 03:06 AM.

Doom Herald

Doom Herald

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 414 posts
http://image.boltera...479_1449588.jpg

Here's my Nurgle Sorcerer. I used a Blightbringer as the base because it was suitably Nurgly, a possessed backpack and the possessed sword arm. I clipped some of the censors (or maybe they're just spiky balls) and used a book I had from an old GK kit to hang from the chain. Also, I used the bare head from the Master of Executions.

Edited by Doom Herald, 11 July 2019 - 06:13 AM.

• Darnok and Kierdale like this

Doom Herald

Doom Herald

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 414 posts
A sorcerer isn't as immediately distinguishable from a Lord as a librarian is from a captain. Add some books or robes, maybe some mutations (especially tied to a God if you pick one) and make the force weapon look special from a power weapon.

Edited by Doom Herald, 11 July 2019 - 06:30 AM.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,182 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Somewhat on topic, I'm still very surprised a new CSM Sorcerer wasn't released, given the rumour engine we saw last September

Spoiler

In any case I look forward to seeing more conversions. Master of Possession has a lot of parts that would really suit a Sorcerer of course

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

40k nut

40k nut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

https://www.games-wo...alted-sorcerers

This is what I was talking about. Get this kit or try to find parts on ebay.

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 510 posts

I kitbashed one a while a go for my Chaos army mostly using a word bearers forgeworld model:

30767901348_8882b4195e_b.jpgIMG_20180912_160751 

• Darnok, Gumo9, Excessus and 1 other like this

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,575 posts

I've done things from a variety of sources, mainly using arm and backpack swaps.

I literally just added a backpack to the FW Saul the faithless model.
gallery_21521_14538_663271.jpg

https://www.forgewor...ss-and-Nightmaw

I used a Ultramarine Honor guard model (the one on the right with the axe raised). Chaos backpack swap, arm swap to make the bolter a pistol, replaced the belt buckle with a chaos star, and careful trim to make the axe symbol more sinuous (i.e. closer to a tzeench symbol). 

For the ETL, I'm using the Haarken model as a base (the spear makes a great force weapon). A head swap, leaving off the trophy racks, and changing the right arm for a bolt pistol arm, all work to give me a distinct jump sorcerer. 

gallery_21521_15489_146069.jpg

Edited by RolandTHTG, 11 July 2019 - 11:56 AM.

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gifgallery_29004_6198_5619.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpgUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_15162.png

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 902 posts
Here's my Black Dragon Librarian turned Red Corsairs Sorcerer! 

IMG 0774
IMG 0778
IMG 0775
IMG 0776

He's built out of a Warp Talon/Raptor model, a book from - I think - the Terminator Lord kit, wings from Kromlech, and some Possessed bitz for the Black Dragon bone growths + some green stuff. I sculpted the tabard myself and made green stuff push moulds to make the Librarian symbols. 

Edit 2: The Dragon thing on his jump pack is from a High Elf kit, his axe arm is from the Exalted Champion, and his other hand is just a hand swap to allow him to hold the book.

Edited by ChazSexington, 11 July 2019 - 12:07 PM.

• TrawlingCleaner likes this

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,891 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves

For my Slaaneshi Sorc I used the robed Dark Angel legs and the flesh/leather corset torso from the Noise Marine conversion kit.

• Forté likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 460 posts
I wonder if the master executioner would be a feasible base for a sorcerer marine. He’s got a snarky, cocky stance, a butchers apron/robe, and a nice arm pose for a staff. The heads he’s holding can be swapped for some kind of spell ingredient or charm.

When I think chaos sorcerer, aside from the general power armor, I think of a unique backpack and helmet to make him stand out. Off the top of my head I’m thinking a less Tzeentchian Thousand Sons helmet and the old chaos space marine sergeant backpack.

I think that’d look pretty unique and fresh.
  • Doom Herald likes this

Doom Herald

Doom Herald

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 414 posts

I wonder if the master executioner would be a feasible base for a sorcerer marine. He’s got a snarky, cocky stance, a butchers apron/robe, and a nice arm pose for a staff. The heads he’s holding can be swapped for some kind of spell ingredient or charm.

When I think chaos sorcerer, aside from the general power armor, I think of a unique backpack and helmet to make him stand out. Off the top of my head I’m thinking a less Tzeentchian Thousand Sons helmet and the old chaos space marine sergeant backpack.

I think that’d look pretty unique and fresh.

I like the idea. The backpack for the Master of Possessions or maybe a Dark Apostle would probably look nice with it. Plus, with the Apostle, you could take the censor from one of the Disciples and use it for a staff top, or as a charm like you mentioned.

Edited by Doom Herald, 11 July 2019 - 03:58 PM.

• Brokejaw Gutripper likes this

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 291 posts
What legion do you play? BL, for example, could get away with a TS sorcerer as Ikasandar Khayon.

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Baron of Krastellan; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon.

Victorus aut Mortis

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,352 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
My old Slaanesh sorcerer made in 2014 from the metal Ariman figure and a few bits.

med_gallery_29004_9523_316460.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_113566.jpg
  • The Blood Raven, Darnok, Kierdale and 5 others like this

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

My old Slaanesh sorcerer made in 2014 from the metal Ariman figure and a few bits.

med_gallery_29004_9523_316460.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_113566.jpg

This guy is pretty fablous! Love him. =D

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,029 posts
I've had a lot of fun using the sxalted sorcerer kit and the old dark Vengeance Chosen to make some, here's a couple of finished examples and there are wips of the others somewhere in my plog.

This one is mostly a chosen.

21jaf89.jpg

While this one uses more exalted sorcerer parts.

oivq14.jpg

Edited by MaliGn, 11 July 2019 - 09:45 PM.

• Darnok, Kierdale, Slave to Darkness and 5 others like this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,426 posts
Another alternative is to convert it from a loyalist miniature. Delicious heresy.

med_gallery_63428_9407_48164.jpeg
med_gallery_63428_9407_460507.jpg
  • RolandTHTG, Darnok, Aasfresser and 4 others like this

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 701 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

Guys, so much awesome inspiration here, keep it coming! woot.gif

Forté and MaliGn, yours are just sublime. wub.gif

• MaliGn likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,672 posts

For my Night Lords I've made a Tzeentch-marked Sorcerer, made from parts from the Exalted Sorcerers kit

6Vp84wZ.jpg

And a Nurgle Sorcerer (the model's head is currently the one on the right), made from one of the (MANY) Dark Imperium Plague Marine champions I have:
HUfMNxD.jpg

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,065 posts
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant

This is my (just finished) conversion for my TDA Sorcerer:

k84e5yI.jpg

Mostly standard bits from the new Termi kit, the power sword should work as a force weapon with the right paint job, a marauder head, with a psychic hood made from GS and an old backpack decoration, plus the book from the Termi Lord/Sorc kit!

Oh, and the plasticard on the base is just a simple cheat to give him subtle sense of extra height and presence compared to a 'regular' Termi!

• Darnok, Kierdale and Lord Raven 19 like this

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 804 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Ah, so many great ideas!

So i recently turned to Chaos off the back of the new releases and I'm looking to expand my collection with a basic sorcerer however I'm finding all the GW models very out dated. Does anyone have any good suggested alternative models or conversions they are willing to share?

I did some Sorcerer conversions for my Thousand Sons and still doing more from all sorts of base models be it loyal or chaos.

Maybe there's something interesting in there for you.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Coven 2015
Album: Aasfressers Thousand Sons
349 images
1 comments

I need more TDA Sorcerers. 

• Kierdale likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users