How do I share images and links?

40k nut

I love this forum and think it is the best 40k thought sharing process online, hands down. The program seems ancient. How do i share photos from my hard drive? How to do I post and give a link?? How can this program be so old that copy and paste doesn't even work??? I love this forum and want to get more involved, but I can't. Help please..

The ++ BOLTER AND CHAINSWORD 101 ++ forum has a lot of information to help you use the tools at your disposal, including a topic on POSTING AND HOSTING IMAGES at the B&C and the BBCode Guide (which has information on myriad things like posting links and formatting your posts).

Thank you for your help. I now know how to share a link. I just need to figure out sharing images. It sounds like i need to upload them from my hard-drive to an online site such as photo bucket. Can you provide any insight as to how I get the images from there into my post?

I don't mean to be ungrateful, but you kind of proved my point. You referred me to a post from 2008, over a decade ago, in order for me to perform basic tasks with this program. A bit dated to say the least, if the bolter and chainsword wants to keep this format, why not make this information more readily available?

I'm a bit technology challenged, still try to figure out sharing images. Apparently I can create a gallery her on this site, and then share those images in posts. I've tried to upload a picture but the program seems broken and won't even let me start a new gallery?? When I try to start a gallery a box opens up for me to enter my info, I can fill it out but there is no way for me to confirm or send that information?? Help please

Thank you for your help. I now know how to share a link. I just need to figure out sharing images. It sounds like i need to upload them from my hard-drive to an online site such as photo bucket. Can you provide any insight as to how I get the images from there into my post?

I don't mean to be ungrateful, but you kind of proved my point. You referred me to a post from 2008, over a decade ago, in order for me to perform basic tasks with this program. A bit dated to say the least, if the bolter and chainsword wants to keep this format, why not make this information more readily available?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If you upload to Imgur (no account needed) then click on the image there is a menu top right called Share Options which includes the option for BBCode.

That's the code you need for this forum to embed the pic.

To host your image:  https://postimages.org/

To upload your image into the post:

1) click on the "Image" icon in your Post Toolbar.  The "insert image" window opens.

image-1.jpg

2) paste the DIRECT link of your hosted image in the "URL" address bar and click "OK" button.

image-2.jpg

3) profit.

Edited by Tylydox