Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Characters in Apocalypse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Iron_Within

Iron_Within

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

In my game of Apocalypse, I found it really really easy to snipe out characters, with the Aim orders making the -1 to hit redundant. A particular pain in the backside was artillery with the barrage rule that meant that basilisks and manticores could snipe out characters with relative ease. The worst was when a character was garrisoned, theoretically a way to protect them, but in practice made them much easier to kill.

Has anyone experienced this? What did you do to mitigate it? House rule or change in playstyle? I don't really like the idea of heroic characters hiding in rhinos to avoid sniper artillery. 

gallery_29004_9303_844.png

“From Iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany. And may it forever be so."

The 144th Grand Company "The Reforged" fight in the http://alephsector.blogspot.co.uk/

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,139 posts
  • Faction: Radicals, Renegades & Heretics
We just house ruled that you can’t target light characters with range within 3” of other infantry. It was easier that trying to figure which was closer.
  • Hellex_The_Thanatar likes this
Current Projects: Radical Inquisition || Storm Trooper Battles || Renegades & Heretics || ETL III || ETL III Tribute II ETL IV - Ryza II ETL V - Chaos
gallery_75122_9925_27254.pnggallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeg
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,014 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Well it makes sense to be honest. Kill Team is all about the individual models. Everybody is a character basically. Regular 40k is about the units and actual characters pull a lot of weight there. Apocalypse is about detachments and individual characters are much less important on that scale.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,356 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
The 3" house rule sounds very sensible; it gives the opponent a chance to blast everything around it then kill it, but not as restricted as closest model to the shooting unit. Which needs addressing in 40k too.

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gif

Stobz'z DAngles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users