Best way to run a Tyrant/Valiant?

Prot

I'm kind of stumped on this.

I'm trying to build a Chaos style Valiant (Tyrant?) which they've said is 600 points. (Though I intend to run dual Siegebreaker cannons and a single pair of missiles.)

I'm looking for some help on which house (Iconoclast or Infernal) would be most helpful. And further to that what relic would be best suited?

Also I'm starting to lean towards Thousand Sons as the main chaotic force to try out, but Black Legion is my main army now. 

On the Tyrant question, I'd like to bounce it off of people that I am thinking of adding two of the Wardog (Warglaive type variant) knights to make it a legal (?) Super Heavy Detachment.

Any thoughts on this? Does anything stick out as a better choice for the Tyrant?

Well to help answer my own question from some more research:

Regarding House rules: Infernal isn't probably as helpful from the perspective of getting a bonus off that chart. I imagine with a Tyrant you'd want +1 Toughness most of the time?

However the Iconoclast increases the deadliness of the stomp attacks (which the Tyrant is stuck to) and I'm thinking Rotate Ion Shields is so expensive now for that class of Knight (3CP) the Iconoclast exclusive Relic does get you a 4++ against shooting.

What about the relic that removes hit modifiers? Should be nice on a shooty platform.

I did think about that one for sure, however, I think if I took that relic it would be on another knight... a Despoiler with Dual Battlecannons or dual Avengers.  My thinking is the Tyrant will be able to re-roll the Harpoon against vehicles/monsters (which is super short range anyway 12") and the Conflagration Cannon is auto hit. The rest is a couple of D3 shots.

Conversely I think this thing is going to be in range of everything because of its range issues, and I foresee really wanting to use Rotate Ion Shields but not having the 3CP to do so relatively early.

An assaulty Despoiler/Gallant might help out to take the heat off of him but so far I'm finding my Chaos needs shooty help really badly in my meta, and massive screening (grots, drones, conscripts) is another problem as well which goes back to the dual Avenger build. But I think it's going to be really expensive now with the indirect (Ironstorm) missile pod... probably.. 500 points! ouch.

I hope to pick up my codex this weekend, so given I have nothing but chaos knights (no loyalist knights) I will have a look and post up my thoughts also.

In the past I've tended to run a gallant and two Warglaives as my in your face distraction..then added others for flavour.

Will see how things look once I've had chance to read the thing lol

Edited by happyslugger