Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black Templars, long lost crusaders

Black Templars truescale

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

the Belgian one

the Belgian one

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

Hi everyone !

I'm back with a new project, some Black Templars.... 

Those where probably lost in crusade for a long time, forced to use scavenged armor parts and materials, having difficulties to find repairs or supplies...

med_gallery_69633_15687_28192.jpgmed_gallery_69633_15687_115638.jpgmed_gallery_69633_15687_77445.jpgmed_gallery_69633_15687_5629.jpgmed_gallery_69633_15687_22523.jpg

I'll try to give them a very damaged look, very gothique, and lots of old armor marks mixed together ...

gallery_69633_15687_103859.jpg

• Brother Tyler, Darnok, Canardwc and 18 others like this
"ALIENS ! "

Jarl Ranulf

Jarl Ranulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
  • Faction: None - but plenty collected
Intriguing......and very well done

Edited by Jarl Ranulf, 11 July 2019 - 06:35 PM.

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Yes, intriguing indeed, but also well done. I wouldn't have thought it'd be possible to "de-chaosify" nurgle marines...

I can't identify the one with spike on the legs tho.

• Lord Raven 19 likes this
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,214 posts

I like it, the result of the conversions is awesome.

Yes, intriguing indeed, but also well done. I wouldn't have thought it'd be possible to "de-chaosify" nurgle marines...

I can't identify the one with spike on the legs tho.

It's possible, but very tedious and difficult.

And the one with the spikes on the left, bolt pistol in right hand power fist in left? That's one of the Plague Brethren kit.

• Lord Raven 19 likes this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts
Incredible work, so characterful. You have a really good eye for conversions.

Lord Raven 19

Lord Raven 19

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts
***Must resist temptation to copy idea***

Lord Raven19

Lord of Deliverence and Scion of Tallarn; Baron of Krastellan; Champion of Mortarion; Lord under Abaddon.

Victorus aut Mortis

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,567 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

Really good idea and it works really well :) Are you planning on going with fairly classic armour colours to avoid them looking like "plague templars", or are you going to lean all the way into the weathering?

sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 704 posts

Aaaaah, it's so good. I have never once seen de-Chaos'd Plague Marines, and it works so well.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

Loving the idea, and the conversions are stunning. I'll be watching this with great interest!

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,502 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

This is certainly interesting, looking forward to seeing them painted! Amazing work.

++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Good! I'm interested in seeing how they come together painted...

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Bruce Malcom

Bruce Malcom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts
  • Faction: Vector Royalist Imperial Soup
I like the look of this already! Nice!
Support Class is the BEST!

steamius

steamius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts

some awesome conversion! 

My youtube channel! Be sure to chek it our and subbscribe! 

My Facebook page!

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,681 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

This is a really cool idea, and most of the models already work pretty well as is. The first two, in particular, stand out as very characterful pieces that should look great in Templar colours.

However, there are some models where I think you need to do more: The last power armoured guy still looks a bit too chaotic to me (it's in the bolt pistol and back pack, I believe), and the guy with the very obvious Plague Marine head will always look like a plague marine unless you replace his helmet -- just my two cents.

Anyway, this looks really promising so far, and I am looking forward to seeing this project progress! :)

• Bruce Malcom likes this

the Belgian one

the Belgian one

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

Once again, thank you all for the kind comments, it's keeping me optimistic and it's inspiring !  

Talking of inspiration ... 

For a long time, i was thinking about mixing 3 of my passions together ... Converting, Motorcycles and Horse riding ... so ... i present to you, Lord Marshall Gerhard, the master jouster ! 

gallery_69633_15687_63502.jpg

This heavy conversion is mostly based on the custodian Dawneagle jetbike, just removing the propulsors and adding Rukkatrukk wheels.

The front swingarm is made out of a centurions lazer barrel, some ork hydraulic cylinders and tank boomas for the brakes.

Exhausts systems have been put down to the horizontal, handlebars modded and the headlight block scratched with kataphron weapon ( don't know wich one ) plasticard and lightened hull combi bolter.

The rider is a mix of custodian, primaris and stormcast 

med_gallery_69633_15687_36977.jpgmed_gallery_69633_15687_135617.jpgmed_gallery_69633_15687_15290.jpgmed_gallery_69633_15687_28964.jpgmed_gallery_69633_15687_20509.jpg

• Canardwc, Bjorn Firewalker, robofish7591 and 6 others like this
"ALIENS ! "

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,728 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The lancer and his Batpod-like mount look great, even in an unpainted state. I hope to see the completed model soon.
  • the Belgian one likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 922 posts

Ok, forget about jetbikes, if GW manages to release something as half as good as your bike conversion for primaris it might change my mind on them laugh.png

Seriously though, it looks amazing, hats off to you good sir yes.gif As Bjorn has said, looking forward to seeing it painted, together with the previous models, which are also fantastic!

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Well executed conversions, these are going to look great finished up, just like the older gothic SM artworks. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Verux

Verux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
Hats off to you. These conversions look spot on.

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,563 posts
  • Faction: Sons Of Doom,Vanquishers

Man alive, the kitbashes here and fantastic and I might just grab another copy of this week's Warhammer Conquest to try the first post's masterful melding of the Plague Marines to look less icky and more zealously loyal to the Emperor!

Also, that bike is a the true definition of bad :cuss:.

Can't wait to see some paint on these boys.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 18 July 2019 - 12:15 AM.

gallery_26154_15777_7710.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.png

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,159 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
Can't wait to see some paint on those guys. Very unique concept.

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts
Wooow. That's a great biker.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts

Holy smokes! These are some great conversions. I too look forward to seeing these painted. 

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,426 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Black Legion

These are amazing! Now... Let's see some paint!

the Belgian one

the Belgian one

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

Thank you all :D before they get some paint, they still have to get some GS work ! 

I'm planning to add some cloth "collars" like those on the Cawdor Gangers ... very feodal ... suit well with the Templar theme ! 

I still got bitz to make a second bike .... but i think i'll buy another box :D ( and more Deathguard ! ) 

I'll be back soon ... 

"ALIENS ! "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users