Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Assistance in fluffy beginner's list

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MiniB1084

MiniB1084

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
  • Faction: VII, Legio Custodes
Hello,
I'm working on a Word Bearers Army at them moment and am having trouble building a list as I haven't learned to play 40k much yet. The models I have is:
Dark apostle and dark disciples
Master of possession
Shadowspear 10man chaos marines (split into 2 5man squads)
10 man chaos space marine squad
5 man terminator squad
Hellbrute
Shadowspear greater possessed
And the dark vengence chosen (1 of which will be converted to a chaos lord)

What would you guys reccomend for a 1000pts list so I can learn to play? I've been told it's a bad idea to take a dark apostle as a primary HQ?
Thanks very much

Vyrullax

Vyrullax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts

Word bearers don't have the strongest traits but do make a good fluff army. Their main thing is they summon demons. That said, you could play a generic list and use them as word bearers but they will be rather lacklustre I feel.

A chaos lord might make a better HQ but I am not too well versed with how to play word bearers. If you don't mind and your opponents don't mind, you could always paint them up as word bearers and play them as a different legion's rules instead. Especially seeing as you don't have demon allies to summon in.

• MiniB1084 likes this

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 733 posts

Hello,
I'm working on a Word Bearers Army at them moment and am having trouble building a list as I haven't learned to play 40k much yet. The models I have is:
Dark apostle and dark disciples
Master of possession
Shadowspear 10man chaos marines (split into 2 5man squads)
10 man chaos space marine squad
5 man terminator squad
Hellbrute
Shadowspear greater possessed
And the dark vengence chosen (1 of which will be converted to a chaos lord)

What would you guys reccomend for a 1000pts list so I can learn to play? I've been told it's a bad idea to take a dark apostle as a primary HQ?
Thanks very much

HQs

Dark Apo 110, 

Master of Possession 98

5 CSM, 65

5 CSM, 65

5 CSM, 65

Terminators x 5, default box loadout,  Im not quite sure what this is but IIRC it is mostly powerfists and combi bolters?  172 points

Greater Possessed x 2 140

NEW!  Possessed Marines x 15, 300

Ok so this list is fluffy as you wanted.  Possessed Marines play to the fluff of the Word Bearers perfectly and they are fairly straightfoward to play.  You take the -1 to hit prayer on your Dark Apo and use it on the possessed blob.  The blob runs up the board and tries to rip apart the enemy.  The terminators should start on the table and be moving up the board and clearing screens with their bolters.  All units in this army should be mark of khorne except your Master of Possession who can take any mark.  

This list is not good but you gotta take the pain of being a new player.  The fastest way through this is to play games as often as you can.  

Going forward, you want to get a pair of lord discordants and some obliterators.  Those would fit well with Word Bearers fluff.  

Just play games though with whatever list you got.  

• MiniB1084 likes this

MiniB1084

MiniB1084

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
  • Faction: VII, Legio Custodes

Thank you for the replies!

That list is perfect thank you! 

do you think GW will release the Obliterators separately eventually? 

I have my fingers crossed for a new possessed marine box someday!

thanks very much

biggrin.png

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
A Dark Apostle would really benefit you in terms of both lore and gameplay as would a Daemon Prince. Havocs and Obliterators are also fluffy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users