Skeleton Horde (Paint) Advice

So, I've mucked about with Skeleton Horde Contrast and despite my scepticism, I love how it's turned out. There's only one issue, that being my old nemesis of Cadian-issue belts and my perpetual inability to ever paint them without overspilling. Now this isn't as simple as just whacking on some more Zandri dust to clean up the overspill, given how Contrast works.

Getting to the point, does anybody have a near-as-damn-it match for Skeleton Horde over Wraithbone?

Cheers.

So, I've mucked about with Skeleton Horde Contrast and despite my scepticism, I love how it's turned out. There's only one issue, that being my old nemesis of Cadian-issue belts and my perpetual inability to ever paint them without overspilling. Now this isn't as simple as just whacking on some more Zandri dust to clean up the overspill, given how Contrast works.

Getting to the point, does anybody have a near-as-damn-it match for Skeleton Horde over Wraithbone?

Cheers.

Because of the varying strength of pigment, it's very hard to match the thinner contrast paints like skeleton horde. I've done a fair amount of playing with them including that one, and the simplest fix is to use the base paint wraithbone over the mistake to get a fresh section and then reapply the contrast - it blends in with itself very well, as long as you don't apply it too heavy handedly on the overlap between the existing area and the fresh base coat.

The other option is if you're applying a highlight over the contrast, that can be used to hide mistakes overlapping it.

I have to admit, I'm getting into the habit of doing any normal paints on subareas first, THEN the contrast paints so I can clean up any mistakes with the base paint before any contrast goes down. Contrast is nicely viscous so is easier to avoid overspill - and it stays wet longer, so I can use a clean brush to soak up any overspill before it dries.

Edited by Arkhanist

I've only really gotten as far as mucking around with contrasts on primed models to see how they sit on the surface, what the colours look like etc.

I've been pleasantly surprised by most of the colours I've tried so far, including skeleton horde. 

You can get away with over spill on from SH on darker colours like levitation blue/shyish purple or the other way around with covering over spills with these. Added to this, I've also found that most of the colours mop up well with an empty brush to soak away an excess paint to the point its a lot less noticeable against another contrast colour though this doesn't work particularly with the darker colours (looking at you flesh tearers red and dark angels green)