Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Performing the Impossible: AdMech Army for 80$ or less

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Bruce Malcom

Bruce Malcom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts
  • Faction: Vector Royalist Imperial Soup
Okay, so I kinda wasted 50$ on outdated Space Marine models (a Command Squad and a set of three Space Marines! What is the POINT of 3 SPESS Mahrines?!) which I'll make my Kill Team. As for 40k, I'm in love with AdMech but since I kinda spent some of my budget on those Space Marines (I mean, I could always call it a soup and plop them in there...), I need help making a cheap AdMech army.

Hopefully by the end of this I'll have an 80$-or-less army list that can touch 500-1250 points.

Fluffy army please.
Support Class is the BEST!

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,671 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gossamer Shroud

Is this spending limit all the money you want to spend on admech?

Or is it all the money you have to spend at the moment?

Just trying to understand if you are looking for a soup ingredient, or the foundation elements of a 2000 point army, or the seeds for what will one day be your Admech apocalypse army.  

• Bruce Malcom likes this

Bruce Malcom

Bruce Malcom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts

Is this spending limit all the money you want to spend on admech?
Or is it all the money you have to spend at the moment?

Just trying to understand if you are looking for a soup ingredient, or the foundation elements of a 2000 point army, or the seeds for what will one day be your Admech apocalypse army.

The foundation for a 2000 point army, but hopefully it'll someday reach Apocalypse scale. Regardless, normal/small point count games are what I'm aiming for as of now. And it's all the money I have in the 'fun hobby Warhammer 40k' budget, and I cannot go over.

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,671 posts

Great, so you are looking to start the army and play small games.

Then over time add more into the army.

I get that you are on a budget, we all are.

The issue is that you are just shy of a start collecting box which is a much better deal than what you can get for $80 right this second.

And what I'm trying to get you to talk about is what sort of time frame does your hobby money replenish?

When I got into the hobby my McJob paid me every 2 weeks and I could generally count on about $20 of fun money from each check.

So if I was in that situation today, a start collection box would take me 2 months to save for, assuming I'm starting from zero.

So it is your money and your budget, what would you rather do?

Spend the money you have today on 1 box of Vanguard / Rangers and a tech priest Dominus for $76 + tax?

Or wait to come up with about $20 more and go for the start collecting, which is $151 + tax worth of minitures if you bought them individually for only $95 + tax?

Bruce Malcom

Bruce Malcom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts

Great, so you are looking to start the army and play small games.
Then over time add more into the army.

I get that you are on a budget, we all are.
The issue is that you are just shy of a start collecting box which is a much better deal than what you can get for $80 right this second.
And what I'm trying to get you to talk about is what sort of time frame does your hobby money replenish?

When I got into the hobby my McJob paid me every 2 weeks and I could generally count on about $20 of fun money from each check.
So if I was in that situation today, a start collection box would take me 2 months to save for, assuming I'm starting from zero.

So it is your money and your budget, what would you rather do?

Spend the money you have today on 1 box of Vanguard / Rangers and a tech priest Dominus for $76 + tax?
Or wait to come up with about $20 more and go for the start collecting, which is $151 + tax worth of minitures if you bought them individually for only $95 + tax?

Ouch, that is annoying. I do like Skitarii Rangers, so...

Also I get around 20 bucks devoted to WH40k per month.

Edited by Bruce Malcom, 12 July 2019 - 07:16 PM.

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,671 posts

If you don't have anything for the army at all... then the start collecting sets are a really great deal... and what I recommend for your first purchase.

An alternative to waiting is coming up with a way to pick up extra cash.  If you aren't happy with the marines you purchased you can try to ebay them or some of the parts that you don't plan to use as a way of raising that cash.

No judgment, I'm guilty of this too, but it sounds like the easy build set of 3 marines that you picked up was kinda an impulse.  You might find that you have some other impulse purchases that are collecting dust that could be traded for the money you need.

And speaking of Ebay, there are several sellers right now with this set that you would only need about $1 more than you have at the moment to get that start collecting set.whistling.gif

Bruce Malcom

Bruce Malcom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts

If you don't have anything for the army at all... then the start collecting sets are a really great deal... and what I recommend for your first purchase.

An alternative to waiting is coming up with a way to pick up extra cash.  If you aren't happy with the marines you purchased you can try to ebay them or some of the parts that you don't plan to use as a way of raising that cash.

No judgment, I'm guilty of this too, but it sounds like the easy build set of 3 marines that you picked up was kinda an impulse.  You might find that you have some other impulse purchases that are collecting dust that could be traded for the money you need.

And speaking of Ebay, there are several sellers right now with this set that you would only need about $1 more than you have at the moment to get that start collecting set.:whistling:

I did get it because on the website it showed ten...I just assumed they're an easy-to-build non-customizable Tactical Squad. Obviously, I was wrong. Never again did I purchase one of these without research. (And to be honest, I only got the Command Squad for the Apothecary because I love medics in almost all games and for the epic Champion of the Company with his sword and Gunshield ((yes yes, I know what it's actually called)). And even though it's a dollar more, I have what I have. I guess I'll wait a month or two, gather some money, and grab a Start Collecting. Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users