Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scything Talons on Genestealers …

tyranids genestealers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Filius

Filius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 495 posts

Hi there,

I hope that's not a too noobish question: I just got Genestealers Starter Box and wanted to start building the Kill Team yesterday evening, but I stumbled over the Scything Talons. From reading the rules, I can see no reason, why I should not give every Genestealer a pair of them. Having them allows me to choose them for Meele Weapon, but as the Mini still keeps a pair of Rending Claws, it still can attack with those, when ever needed / wanted …

… so … is there any reason to not take them (except, if you don't like to paint them perhaps)?

Thanks in advance!

Do you know that while you are shaving and polishing your armour we fight …?

Rogue

Rogue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 614 posts
  • Faction: Red Brotherhood and Gorgons
They're free and they give you options. There's no reason not to, really, modelling issues aside.

Likewise, you should give your first genestealer the acid maw, and your second flesh-hooks, as both are also free upgrades with no downsides.
  • Mechanicus_Adept and Filius like this

gallery_48988_15094_10278.png gallery_48988_15094_4633.png gallery_48988_15094_3969.png gallery_48988_15094_4025.png ETL_Medal_02.gif gallery_48988_15465_5689.png ETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gif

So far this year: patriarch, magus, primus, iconward, abominant, five acolytes, ten brood brothers, clamavus, five aberrants, eight genestealers and three leman russ tanks painted; 183 marines, one assassin and a stormtalon based

Filius

Filius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 495 posts

Thanks a lot!

Let's see, if I can remodel the one I have already built without Talons, hehe.

Do you know that while you are shaving and polishing your armour we fight …?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tyranids, genestealers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users