DA 8.5 Codex wishlisting

Neuralshock

so as a wolf, and an outsider to the angels.

Would you guys want a "fallen" supplement rolled into your primary book?

Also:

It would be neat to see a rule that allows terminators as troops for you guys.

Fallen, if anything would mimic the old Legion organization. They shouldn't even be in a book that follows Codex Astartes.

Plus from a sales standpointbthey would buy a full codex to be able to use Tactical Marines, possibly veterans and an HQ or two? Makes no sense.

Terminators don't need to be troops, FOC slots aren't as meaningful as they used to be. We used to be able to take them as troops but with the current detachments force org shenanigans are meaningless. As long as they can get more CP they'll be able to manage. Well, as well as something so redonk expensive can manage.

Also, absolutely not to fallen, we already get too much "lol DA traitor legion" comments from amateur comedians.

I'm not so sure, 3 DW squads as troops rather than elites nabs you what, 4 extra command points with the addition of an extra HQ?

But why would  I take troops that cost a lot and die really easily when I can take cheaper troops that die really easily instead?

Yeah I was kind of assuming we were talking about the options for taking pure DW really. Apologies.

Come oooooon Primaris Destroyers. Gimme that Rad/Phosphor Dreadwing goodness. Maybe Dark Angels are the only codex to have an abundance of 40k era Volkite? or they stick Rift Cannons on more vehicles?

I hope the codex is better than the Chaos 2.0 update. The Iron Warrior in me is feeling more and more jaded. If my main army gets a band-aid fix I fear my heart will break.

I wish for a small little box on a page explaining how all the new Primaris marines supplied by Guilliman died proving their worth, that the Apothecarion has vetted the new implantation process, and the Dark Angels are now making their own Primaris from their recruiting worlds and anything said otherwise is heretic propaganda spurred by interacting with filthy, filthy xenos.

I wish for something where if you have a pure DW or pure RW detachment led by an Inner Circle member then that member can take a warlord trait in addition to the overall army's warlord - to reflect the parallel leadership and mission-within-a-mission.

I wish for unlockable combat doctrines for pure DW or pure RW detachments so there's no need to have multiple chapter tactics within one book and rewards separation of forces (because I think the separation between those in the know and those not is fluffy and it promotes Dark Angels soup rather than Imperial soup).

I wish any rules-interactions for the Fallen become stratagems and not part of any inherent rules/power balance.

I wish Lion and the Wolf end up like Winner of the Blood Games and just provide a stat-boost to a model regardless of opponent.

I wish there were a strategy called Black Pearl to enhance an Interrogator-Chaplains Aura of Dread.

I wish there were a strategy to make a Primaris squad Inner Circle (a DA version of Indomitus Veterans).

I wish there were a strategy called Storm of Vengeance that gave the army a boost against Orks for one turn.

I wish I could wish for new units or models, but there's only so much fantasy I can handle at once.

Guest Metaliptica

Or an idea could be to keep the deathwing and the ravenwing as it is and reintroduce the dreadwing/firewing/stormwing as a new primaris formation. Primaris deathwing is interesting but Primaris dreadwing would make me a happy son of the lion ! Or/and just give me Primaris paladins alongside the Lion !

Time to add my Wishes to this List i think:)

I wish for our Chapter Tactic to be completly reworked.

It know grants near to nothing for Deathwing or Ravenwing.

So i would like to see instead of 1 big Chapter Tactic, 3 little ones.

The Greenwing can keep the reroll 1s

The Deathwing will get a reroll charge rolls when they came from Deepstrike

Ravenwing could get something like fallback and shoot

Or grant them jinx at any time not just when you advanced

I'd love something like the Codex Marines grav stratagem (re-roll wounds and damage) but on plasma.  Maybe just beef up weapons from the dark ages? 

At the moment I'm salivating over company vets in drop pods again.

Seeing the chapter tactics now, I would like to see our chapter reworked like this:

The entire chapter gets Grim Resolve. That makes us invulnerable to leadership penalties, and we only lose a max of one model to failed morale. With ATSNKF that makes us the chapter that does not run away, and that is good and lore-appropriate.

On top of that, the Deathwing get Inner Circle, on all TDA units, as well as on all Masters, Interrogator Chaplains and Librarians. This gives them reroll all hits in close combat against Heretic Astartes (not just The Fallen), allows them to advance after they deepstrike, and gives them a +1 to charge and advance rolls when they deep strike. Fearless goes out, since it becomes almost entirely redundant with Grim Resolve and ATSNKF.

Meanwhile, the Ravenwing get <insert name here>, which makes all Ravenwing Bikers and Vehicles (which would exclude scout bikes) a 5++ save against shooting attacks, and no penalties for firing assault/heavy weapons when advancing/moving. In my mind, if the white scars have the best bikes to go into melee, we should have the best bikes to harass from range.

The Greenwing, then (which means everyone who is not DW or RW), get to keep their rerroll 1's to hit if they didn't move, and get the old 5+ overwatch of previous editions.

Seeing the chapter tactics now, I would like to see our chapter reworked like this:

The entire chapter gets Grim Resolve. That makes us invulnerable to leadership penalties, and we only lose a max of one model to failed morale. With ATSNKF that makes us the chapter that does not run away, and that is good and lore-appropriate.

On top of that, the Deathwing get Inner Circle, on all TDA units, as well as on all Masters, Interrogator Chaplains and Librarians. This gives them reroll all hits in close combat against Heretic Astartes (not just The Fallen), allows them to advance after they deepstrike, and gives them a +1 to charge and advance rolls when they deep strike. Fearless goes out, since it becomes almost entirely redundant with Grim Resolve and ATSNKF.

Meanwhile, the Ravenwing get <insert name here>, which makes all Ravenwing Bikers and Vehicles (which would exclude scout bikes) a 5++ save against shooting attacks, and no penalties for firing assault/heavy weapons when advancing/moving. In my mind, if the white scars have the best bikes to go into melee, we should have the best bikes to harass from range.

The Greenwing, then (which means everyone who is not DW or RW), get to keep their rerroll 1's to hit if they didn't move, and get the old 5+ overwatch of previous editions.

This is honestly a perfect way of redoing the Dark Angels Chapter tactic to make sense with the fact that there's three distinct play-styles for Dark Angels.

Well, yeah.

The whole thing should be structured as follows:

Angels of Death for the chapter.

Grim Resolve for the whole chapter, added with:

Inner Circle for DW, Masters, IC, and Librarians

<something> for RW

<something> for GW

Standard Detachments

+ Ravenwing Attack Squadron for a RW Specific Detachment

+ Deathwing Strike Force for a DW Specific Detachment

Reworking for the stratagems, bringing back some better synergy between the wings

Add DW units the codex is missing, such as LTs

DW Lieutenant would make this dude a happy fella.

I played a game the other day running DWK with Asmodai and an Ancient for maximum attack hilarity, the flail in particular did mega damage to nid beasties. An extra attack on top of all of this is just mental, I think I'd drop the Ancient though and save points for the same effect.

Well, yeah.

The whole thing should be structured as follows:

Angels of Death for the chapter.

Grim Resolve for the whole chapter, added with:

Inner Circle for DW, Masters, IC, and Librarians

<something> for RW

<something> for GW

Standard Detachments

+ Ravenwing Attack Squadron for a RW Specific Detachment

+ Deathwing Strike Force for a DW Specific Detachment

Reworking for the stratagems, bringing back some better synergy between the wings

Add DW units the codex is missing, such as LTs

I would love also something to show the fact the DA have abundant caches of ancient tech, like volkite/30k weapons for characters or veterans, considering that some stuff is eveuntally going the way of the dodo ( like having stashes of Terminator Armours that will become obsolete at some point)

A few ideas.

• I want the banners back, make a list of three sacred standards that are relics, but taking one prohibits the other two.

•WS +2 as has been mentioned on the DW knights

•Either give DW knights the Lt aura as unit, either making it an innate ability or via a stratagem, or have a DW Lt (with special sounding name of course) as an available unit, he could just be made out of the DW knight kit, but with Lt stats.

•Ares (this won't happen but would be a dream come true)

•This is a BRB issue but plasma should do a MW instead of the current situation.

•Make Grimm Resolve trigger at half range as well as stationary.

•Make Inner Circle mean something, as it stands its a pointless stratagem.

•Venerable LR's.

•Some sort of Combat Doctrine equivalent, maybe Deathwing, Ravenwing, Ironwing, Dreadwing protocols.

•Phobos Dreadwing unit with double Reiver bolt pistols and some sort of rad weapons.

Appropriate stratagems ported over from SM codex.

Edit: I really like the idea of Phobos Dreadwing. I'd give them phospher rounds in their heavy bolt pistols so they'd be S5 Ap-1, so an improvement over the standard pistol, and a radium grenade.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants