For Baal - Snorri's Blood Angels Hobby log - Contemptor!

Your VAS are a wonderful looking squad Snorri, massive kudos!

Your Levi is really coming along too, love the red :tu: :tu:

Midnight, back to the eaters of the dead I see! :P thanks for the kind words! :)

Are you going to go forth with your Flesh Eaters then?

This model is going to look glorious!

Already does, can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks Xenith! I’ve only had little time to make progress on him, but I’ve added some shade and highlights to the gold. Not quite where I’d like it to be so I’ll have to get back to it.

The drill arm still hasn’t shipped out, which is weird to say the least. :(

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, I've managed to finish my LPC vow! A bit later than expected, but Uni really has been tying my hands.

sMMb2xtl.jpg

2QBBX6Yl.jpg

h03HwvWl.jpg

G1gIFq2l.jpg

XCUOXf8l.jpg

This model has been a blast to paint, I hope to use him in battle soon!

My next steps are probably going to be 10 Incursors, 10 Tactical Marines (the Firstborn deserve the honour of being painted).

Then, Indomitus is up: 6 Outriders, the Lieutenant (not sure about this one), the Chaplain (probably going to sit in a box for a while) and the Assault Intercessors!

More to come. :smile.:

That's a huge chunk of hobby you did there!

Do I see some NMM on the rim? Looks great :smile.:

I hope to have one of these big boys (Although not the BA-one) later this year as well.

Yes, he's quite a chunky boi, if I was using the words of the generation coming after myself. :D

It's in the style of NMM, but it's using regular GW metal colours and some shades to mimic the shades, etc. :)

Do it! It's such a pleasure to paint!

Hello guys, I've managed to finish my LPC vow! A bit later than expected, but Uni really has been tying my hands.

*snip*

Looking great, I really need to get mine painted (and made)

Thanks, Xenith! Even though he went up in points, I think the increase was less than 10 percent the Leviathan still might be quite potent.

Thanks guys, glad you like him! Found another close-up of the front half. :smile.:

k0iVSGSl.jpg

Also, I like the choice of weapons too - savage!

Yeah it looks brutal, but it was an accident - I originally wanted to get the second stormcannon array, but the vendor didn't have any. :sad.: Worked out for the better!

Also, I've used the excessive heat of yesterday's evening to...stay inside and paint. Working a little bit on the Phobos captain, this is where I'm at right now.

fuPl6FPl.jpg

Heq6HUJl.jpg

vIonUCAl.jpg

VOkbm5jl.jpg

I've experimented a bit with zenithal highlights, first through the airbrush, then through the application of stronger shadows, which you can see in the last picture. Phobos armour really works great for this kind of shading because of all the nooks and crannies you can apply shades to. Some of the red does appear a bit flat so I might go back on that and get some more highlights in. :smile.:

More to come, got a little game against Custodes tomorrow.

I know the double storm cannon is allegedly more effective, but he looks so damn cool I may have to change my plan! (I have one in its box awaiting ‘attention’

Captain looking great mate :tu: :tu:

Yeah it’s a good combination for sure! :D just like the old dreads, but better!

Thanks! I’ll hope to get him finished soon so I can work on the Terminator librarian and then Indomitus. :)

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, long time no update. I haven't taken any pictures in a lightbox recently, the whole setup takes a bit of time and I'm lucky to find some time to paint at all.
Below, you can find my latest finished work, a Contemptor Dreadnought with twin lascannons - finished right before it got nerfed! :biggrin.:

i5lgTm4l.jpg
2h3UtS1l.jpg
gGktGdkl.jpg
asx5iEZl.jpg

I've also finally built my Captain Aphael replacement, including the magnetised weapons. :)

lcwe8Ryl.jpg

I'm going to write a battle-report soon about my game versus imperial fists, which was a lot of fun since we got to play if for the entirety of the game, until the bitter end.

Thanks, all of you! :) glad you like him, I’m also quite happy with the result.

That Contemptor is a great model and definitely well painted too!

Aphael looks really nice too! Good selection of bits. Right wrist's position seem a little awkward, but general feel is really nice :tu:

Thanks again buddy! Do you mean the sword or the gun? The sword/weapon arm is this way because I didn’t want to cut up the entire arm and re-glue, there’s already too much work done on that model. :D

But yeah. It gets funnier still with all the weapon options present...

Wheres that sword from?

Conversionworld, a German bitz shop. They have some pretty cool weapons for all marines, but BA in particular. They do international shipping, but right now I don’t think any orders would be sent out.

Yes, the sword arm. If I remember correctly, Tolmeron's body has those bigger vambraces that tend to collide with magnetized hands. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. It looks like the wrist is turing inwards, as if he's flexing his bicep. Indeed, chopping off even more of Tolmeron's arm and re-sculpting it is a compromise I can live with for now. :)

Beautiful contemptor! I love that model so much. Do you have the arms magnetized? I'm glad I did it as I could easily switch to assault cannon and fist. Need to get a melta arm though

Thanks, Rhavien!

Yes, both arms are magnetized. :) I went and got the non-china FW model, so magnetizing it was the least I needed to do. :D

Where do you get your arms? I've been looking all over the internet, no way I'm spending more on FW than I already have...