Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Contrast primer safe over conventional primer?

Contrast

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts
I recently picked up some contrast primer (wraithbone) and paints to try on a squad.
I had previously primed over half the squad with a conventional grey primer before it ran out.
Would repriming the wraithbone over the existing grey primer obscure or otherwise mess up the wraithbone layer? Or is it ok to spray the contrast primer over the old primer?
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gifgallery_29004_6198_5619.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpgUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_15162.png

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 919 posts
  • Faction: Ordo Xenos

Yeah it's fine.  The only difference I've noticed is that the contrast paint is more "absorbed" by conventional primer (although I was using white, not grey conventional primer).  The absorption means there is maybe a little less ability to move the paint around the surface before it stains into the primer. This is a little different, but absolutely not worse.  I'm going to try doing a little wraith bone over conventional primer later today and I'll report back with the results.

• RolandTHTG likes this

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,700 posts
I sprayed some of the drop terrain from Urban Conquest with wraithbone after I had already hit it with chaos black, covered great and the contrast paint (white in this case) looks awesome over top.
  • RolandTHTG likes this

gallery_92768_11583_3171.png                         gallery_92768_11583_2220.jpg

My Legio XII Project Log                                                                             

My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 919 posts
  • Faction: Ordo Xenos
I did some seer grey spray over black GW primer and it was totally fine. Excellent coverage from contrast and normal GW paints.
  • RolandTHTG likes this

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts
Thanks for the replies. Now that the heat has broken, I should be able to get my stuff primed.
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gifgallery_29004_6198_5619.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpgUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_15162.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Contrast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users