First Necron

Kierdale

Not bad!! :thumbsup:

So whens he starting a Chaos army then??

No offense But i think 6yr old kids are better off with metal robots or the boys in Blue :laugh.: 

as to Kierdale - bravo on the first Mini, i like the base :cool.:  ...i remember having a pot of that colour,congrats on keeping it alive :tongue.: 

Cheers, Mithril  

Not bad!! :tu:

Haha! Not for a while yet. He’s seen some of my Psychopomps, but only a select few.

Not the spawn.

Oh no. Not the spawn.

Nor the Slaangor cutting himself.

I think -as suggested- Necron and ‘goodie marines’ are a safe place to start.

*bows*

We're not worthy. Your son has excellent brush control :tu:

Oh, there was a bit of clean-up. He did that well though.

I got him to rest his forearms against the table, put his wrists together when necessary for more stability.

Recommend painting the cable too, either green or red.

sheesh This isn't a golden demon comp :huh:  tell the kid you like his "FIRST" model, don't be a super critique :rolleyes: ...:lol:

Mithril

We’re not done yet, so I’ll suggest it to him. He put some Glistening Green in the rib-holes on the back of the body. We’ll probably do that -on the easiest ones to reach- on the front too, and perhaps the cable.

I’ll pass on the compliments as it’ll help his confidence a lot. :tu:

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the comments. My son was very happy.

He was supposed to do some Stormcasts on a diorama base for Armies On Parade but didn’t get them finished in time (the concentration span of 6 years olds isn’t that good. Who knew?) so we changed plan yesterday and made a base for his one Necron and two scarabs :D

med_gallery_63428_7083_396958.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_224653.jpeg

The base was done with GreenStuff World’s Necron Roller again, but this time on XPS (foam sheet). I saw on BlackMagicCraft (YouTube) that it works. Not fantastic but not bad at all.

I’ll be taking his entry to our local shop this weekend, along with my own.

Nice! I imagine this guy to be a guard, shuffling for... ages? Eons? through the necron catacombs on some kind of guard duty.

Thanks for the heads up on greenstuff world. Never heared of them before, will probably buy that rolling pin :)

• 2 weeks later...

My son’s only 6 so he knows nothing about Necron fluff, I just gave him one as an easy mini to start with.

He chose red after we looked through some images of Necrons on the internet.

And he won Young Blood at Takadanobaba’s AoP2019 last weekend.

Okay, his was the only Young Bloods entry :D but for a 6 year old a win is a win.

He asked for a Funko POP as his prize and he chose the Blood Angel assault marine (good taste!) which has since been renamed ‘Raphael’ (he’s into TMNT recently).

I’ll post an updated photo soon.

Next year we’ll collaborating on an AoP entry (or, more likely, his entry and mine will be separate but made to be placed next to each other as one battle scene).

My son’s only 6 so he knows nothing about Necron fluff, I just gave him one as an easy mini to start with.

He chose red after we looked through some images of Necrons on the internet.

And he won Young Blood at Takadanobaba’s AoP2019 last weekend.

Okay, his was the only Young Bloods entry :biggrin.: but for a 6 year old a win is a win.

He asked for a Funko POP as his prize and he chose the Blood Angel assault marine (good taste!) which has since been renamed ‘Raphael’ (he’s into TMNT recently).

I’ll post an updated photo soon.

Next year we’ll collaborating on an AoP entry (or, more likely, his entry and mine will be separate but made to be placed next to each other as one battle scene).

If I get a good deal for necrons on ebay- does he do commissions? Wold be happy to pay him with V-Bucks or that Rolblox currency, more valuable to the kids than real money these days. :teehee:

No but seriously, that is some good talent there. I didn't even paint even a quarter that good when I was 12 and he is only 6. 

That power glow on the top of the gun looks phenomenal! Much better than I could probably do it (though I might give it a try now!).

Gratz to him for winning young bloods!

Thanks! The glow was just drybrushing lighter tones as he worked toward the middle.

Took some better shots last night:

med_gallery_63428_7083_637568.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_449983.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_154636.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_538222.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_265707.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_7083_81762.jpeg

Not bad!! :thumbsup:

Haha! Not for a while yet. He’s seen some of my Psychopomps, but only a select few.

Not the spawn.

Oh no. Not the spawn.

Nor the Slaangor cutting himself.

I think -as suggested- Necron and ‘goodie marines’ are a safe place to start.

Ooo a nice Space Wolf mini. Then he can learn fur texture as well. Nothin too ott furry, like a loincloth or a pelt on the shoulder pad. 

That is a damn fine looking Necron though, got mad skills like his dad. 

Ooo a nice Space Wolf mini. Then he can learn fur texture as well. Nothin too ott furry, like a loincloth or a pelt on the shoulder pad. 

Thanks!

Actually a SW is not different from his next minis: some Orruks. For next year’s AoP we plan to do my Anvilgard Scourge Privateers versus his (as yet unbuilt) Orruks, doing the Battle Of Blista Bakk from the recent Cities of Sigmar armybook.

However, if he doesn’t get enough done in time then I’ll give him some more Necrons and we can do those versus my Snakebites :)

Cant wait to see his Greenskins. :)

Not on B&C ;)

I’m on Instagram (for 40k and AoS) and TGAcommunity (for my AoS) as ‘Kierdale’. I’ll post his Orruks there.

I’m sure he will do some more Necrons in the future, so I’ll keep this thread open for them :)