Codex: Space Marines 2.0 speculation & discussion

Triszin

It confirmed that veteran Primaris can join the 1st company. It’s mostly shown as Intercessors, although the from the ultramarines supplement it is stated their 1st company has veteran Intercessors and Inceptors.

The Ultramarines 1st Company is the one with white helmets, right? In that case we've also already seen a veteran Ancient with the Dark Imperium box. ^^

Question:

Regarding Scions of Guilliman Doctrine:

Is “not moved“ ( as i.e duoble tap from aggressors or vehicle gets -1 penalty for shooting after move) the same as “remained stationary“?

Because in the Bolter Disciplne rule speaks of “ is remained stationary in the previous movement phase“.

Question:

Is “not moved“ ( as i.e duoble tap from aggressors or vehicle gets -1 penalty for shooting after move) the same as “remained stationary“?

Because in the Bolter Disciplne rule speaks of “ is remained stationary in the previous movement phase“.

I'd say this is just another case of GW not making a glossary of terms for themselves when writing books. (They really need to. Like... get a good technical writer, GeeDubs, for the love of all that is holy... Not to make stuff read like a manual, but just to get some necessary standardization in place)

I'd take "Not moved" and "remained stationary" as synonymous states.  Feel like anybody who might fight you on that, is just looking to be contrarian and or is your opponent looking to wrong-foot you.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

It confirmed that veteran Primaris can join the 1st company. It’s mostly shown as Intercessors, although the from the ultramarines supplement it is stated their 1st company has veteran Intercessors and Inceptors.

The Ultramarines 1st Company is the one with white helmets, right? In that case we've also already seen a veteran Ancient with the Dark Imperium box. ^^

That guy was definitely in 2nd Company going by their shoulder trim. And trim is how Smurfs distinguish companies - all their veterans have white helmets.

(EDIT: But he WAS a veteran Ancient, yes. Just not a member of 1st company).

Edited by Lord Nord

White helmets and white shoulder pad trims, yep.

That guy was definitely in 2nd Company going by their shoulder trim. And trim is how Smurfs distinguish companies - all their veterans have white helmets.

Huh, you're right. I didn't know that was a thing apart of maybe company veterans. Also because every other Primaris Ancient I've seen so far was painted as non-veteran (well except for mine lol). Even the one in the now old Space Marine Codex is painted as non-veteran from the 3rd company.

Edited by sfPanzer

Huh, you're right. I didn't know that was a thing apart of maybe company veterans. Also because every other Primaris Ancient I've seen so far was painted as non-veteran (well except for mine lol). Even the one in the now old Space Marine Codex is painted as non-veteran from the 3rd company.

There is a Veteran Ancient on page 67 of the V1 8th Edition Codex.

Question:

I'd say this is just another case of GW not making a glossary of terms for themselves when writing books. (They really need to. Like... get a good technical writer, GeeDubs, for the love of all that is holy... Not to make stuff read like a manual, but just to get some necessary standardization in place)

I'd take "Not moved" and "remained stationary" as synonymous states. Feel like anybody who might fight you on that, is just looking to be contrarian and or is your opponent looking to wrong-foot you.

The AoS team launched their second edition with a standardization document for rules. 40k is still needing to catch up on that.

There is a Veteran Ancient on page 67 of the V1 8th Edition Codex.

True! Completely missed that artwork because it's on the Company Command page lol.

Well, they sure surprised us. All this speculation about whether it would be new supplements in the pre-order preview this week and the rest of the Vanguard models next week or the rest of the Vangaurd this week and supplements the next week...

Yeah, turns out we won't be getting any of that. Blackstone Fortress, new Kill Team starter set, and LotR instead:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/18/next-week-quests-kill-teams-and-more/

Well, they sure surprised us. All this speculation about whether it would be new supplements in the pre-order preview this week and the rest of the Vanguard models next week or the rest of the Vangaurd this week and supplements the next week...

Yeah, turns out we won't be getting any of that. Blackstone Fortress, new Kill Team starter set, and LotR instead:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/18/next-week-quests-kill-teams-and-more/

Yeah, great...okay, another few weeks for me where I don't buy anything of the new release. They drag it out, they won't see any money from me until the supplement releases are completed.

Looks like they're trying to keep the games on rotation.

Hmm, I don't mind the model releases being rolled out more slowly but I'd like to see the other supplements.

That being said, if they take their time with the releases it makes it more likely that the supplements will have new character models?

The release had loads of models to cram into a 3 week window, but if it's spread over a few months that's no longer a problem.

Edited by Ishagu

I remember the deathguard release and how frustrating that was. And they had a constant release cycle up until they delayed the blight hauler for a few months.

This has fewer overall models ( I think) but it's going to take forever to be over.

Eh, gives me time to work on my models. I still need to finish building and painting my suppressors and a few more infiltrators (which will now be incursors haha). 

Yeah, there is that. I should probably finish what's on my desk. *Looks over at the new Moirax who were so in vogue before the codex killed soup...*

I got some models on my table waiting for oil washes and I am slowly upgrading some older paintjobs.

Also want to get into 30k and just started diving into Asset Drop. Also some guys in my Club are taking about inq28.

So there is enough to do. And I decided to no buy huge piles of plastic anymore because that :cuss gives me Hobby paralysis.