Codex: Space Marines 2.0 speculation & discussion

Triszin

Has anyone done the math on how many rumors they get right?

What does it matter? We'll know soon enough. Modulate your expectations accordingly.

Because people say they are unreliable. So how often have they been wrong? If they are wrong then they likely made the rumors up. But something stats the rumor.

What does it matter? We'll know soon enough. Modulate your expectations accordingly.
Because people say they are unreliable. So how often have they been wrong? If they are wrong then they likely made the rumors up. But something stats the rumor.
I don't think anybody actually makes up rumours to post.

I think they simply post what they hear.

And I don't think it's really relevant if they're right given how vague they are.

Ultimately, we know a codex is coming, and realistically the only thing we can do with this information is predict that we'll get new information shortly.

Edited by Lemondish

It's not that they are necessarily wrong but way too often they just post the "topic of the week/month" in the community as rumours. Or just take something everybody who follows the news knows is likely to happen at some point and post it as newsbreaking rumour.

There used to be a rumour tracker on dakka but I think the chap that kept it updated has retired from the task. It must have been arduous. It's a rumour I believe in either case as it fits. We are likely to see some reveals next weekend and then late August fits as we have warcry, necromunda enforcers and potentially aeronautica in between.

There used to be a rumour tracker on dakka but I think the chap that kept it updated has retired from the task. It must have been arduous. It's a rumour I believe in either case as it fits. We are likely to see some reveals next weekend and then late August fits as we have warcry, necromunda enforcers and potentially aeronautica in between.

I don't think it's as necessary because GW basically shows us the major stuff about three months out or earlier if it's a big release.

What they'll do is release the new codex next to a campaign book like vigilus.

But just like the Chaos dex, they'll update a few unit profiles, then leave all the new relics, chapter tactics and :cuss to only the campaign book so you have to buy both. Yaaay! 

These days I aint buying stuff before I see the full contents of a release. Gathering Storm burned me badly. No pre orders.

Are we having a reveal tomorrow?

Never ever preorder before there have been any reviews out. Of course gw will hype a new release but their stuff is not that limited that preorders are necessary

I would think either Tuesday or Wednesday the primaris lieutenant podcast skit they did for the fuzzy picture release was called episode 723, so its possible the next one is on 724.

Normally wouldn't put much stock in this because the date format doesn't fit. In America, 7/24 is July 24th, but in most of the rest of the world 7/24 is just some weird 7th day of a strange 24th month. 

But then again, the video did put a ton of stock in the lieutenant vs leftenant pronunciation, and the conflict produced there was hilarious. Since that is also a chiefly American (albeit from the French) thing, I guess anything can happen.  

75% of GW Revenue is overseas. I think it goes US, All of Europe combined, Aus/NZ within that 75%. US and Europe are pretty close, but iirc the US edges out Europe by a few percentage points every year. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

75% of GW Revenue is overseas. I think it goes US, All of Europe combined, Aus/NZ within that 75%. US and Europe are pretty close, but iirc the US edges out Europe by a few percentage points every year. 

But since Europe and US use the same dating format it would make more sense to not go with the US format?

It doesn't really matter either. They could have gone out of their way and used a date format without following any specific logic. As long as it applies to any known date format it's a possible hint that something might come then. :P