Warcry 1K Sons cultists

Dr_Ruminahui

Once again, Warcry provides characterful models that provide conversion fodder for 40K.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/14/new-models-revealed-at-the-atcgw-homepage-post-1/

My thoughts were that this latest batch, given their head dresses, might serve well (with minimal conversion) as cultists in a thousand sons army or as stand ins for tsangors.

These and the Kairic Acolytes are great TSons cultists. Wonder how the Tzaangor chainsword/Autopistol arms will fit to these

Just cut at the wrists and stick the new hands on, less stress trynna get arms to fit. 

Cultists have been nerfed to ground and i already have ~80. Wont invest $0.1 more on that unit.

To use as Tzzangor? Among the similar AoS models, Karic acolytes would be cheaper choice and closer on style.

They will make perfect conversion fodder for a lot of nice things, but as mentioned they are to expensive for cultists. Maybe for a necromunda cultists gang, but it will be a pain to give them propper weapons because of the very dynamic poses. Edited by Aasfresser

Cultists have been nerfed to ground and i already have ~80. Wont invest $0.1 more on that unit.

To use as Tzzangor? Among the similar AoS models, Karic acolytes would be cheaper choice and closer on style.

I used Kairoc Acolytes as Tzaangors for awhile but I've started replacing them with actual Tzaangors. The acolytes I found easier to hide, which wasn't my intention so I stopped using them. These headdresses might counteract that.

I'm getting more and more into getting a big squad of theese as counts-as Tzaangors. Cults and coteries of aristocratic warrior cabals seem like just what any Thousand Son would cultivate and manipulate on any world he had a stake in.

Might keep some of my more monstrous mutant Tzaangors as a different squad as well. It could add to the contrast. I like the feeling that you sometimes get from the books, where Ahriman has planned the moment of engagement juuuuust right, and a lot of different units and agents just seem to "show up" at the same time.

Mutant uprising starts in the underhive. A tainted noble house send their armsmen to the same location, guided by the illicit visions of their house Matriarch. As local Arbites and the Inquisitor's retinue engage them, hollow Rubricae rise from the ground they were buried in years prior for this exact moment - and the Sorcerers step through their portals. "I am afraid I cannot let you do that, Inquisitor".

Kairic Acolytes are indeed on 32mm bases.

It seems to me like Kairic Acolytes are definitely too large in scale compared to Rubric Marines, being nearly a head taller than a cultist, but frankly I think I would take the evidently Kairic Acolyte style mask displayed in the art on page 44 of the Thousand Sons codex to be a clear indication that GW does indeed intend Kairic Acolytes to be an alternative Cultist model for Thousand Sons armies. Whether or not they should be re-based to 25mm bases to play as Cultists is more questionable to me.

Comp.JPG

(Not my picture, just found it on the web.)

Edit: I suppose that wasn't the primary question, was it?

The Cypher Lords (which I assume is the most likely Warcry warband for T-Sons conversion fodder), according to the GW sales page, are on a variety of base sizes: 32mm, 28mm(?), and 25mm...I've never heard of a GW 28mm base before, honestly. As for scale, they do look a bit tall compared to the leader on the 32mm base, but it's hard to say for sure.

Edited by Kite Senet