Dragonlover's Titanicus - Legio Brythonia

In the event of me being unable to use the WD rules, I'll just run straight Fortidus otherwise both my maniples are illegal.

Porque? Just bring your mag to the store or Xerox them.

I meant in the sense of 'These rules are not allowed at this event', such as with the one at WW in February, not 'I don't physically have the WD on me'.

Dragonlover

Cheers Stobz!

So I finished up the first maniple's hulls and started in on the second lot:

gallery_69371_15697_305399.jpg

Sorry it's a bit washed out, it's cheap light box or crap front room lighting I'm afraid. I also only realised when I took the pic I've not blocked out the Warlords head, it's gonna be green.

Something I've realised I enjoy about painting Titans: because you only have to do each paint job once, you can get a bit experimental. I'd never do mirrored half and half on a Marines legs, because can you imagine doing that across an army? I'm looking at getting one more Warlord and one more Reaver (so I can field the minimum of any maniple), I might do the third Warlord classic half and half.

Dragonlover

Ah wait I've misunderstood, they're fine at that event but I've seen people in general talk about them being unbalanced.

Dragonlover

But everyone has access to the same rules. Yes, some entries are absolutely better than others but how is that our fault? It lets you pick the best trait from Astorum, augment it, then pick two more traits.

So after I basecoated yesterday, I launched right into getting the actual colours down, did the green last night and the bone this morning. Obviously, this is only the first layer, I reckon it's gonna be three layers of each before it looks good enough to stop worrying based on the first maniple.

gallery_69371_15697_259713.jpg

Also when it comes to rules I might nick the Tempestus strat that lets you combat drop a Warhound, because the image amuses me greatly.

Dragonlover

Bear in mind I've not painted a single weapon yet, so nothing is actually 'finished' per se.

It's just... I find these models so easy to paint compared to doing a 40K army. I think it's because I can paint three models and that's like, a significant chunk of an army done. Or I'm just more suited to painting big guys, I remember knocking out two Knights in a week for last years ETL from sprue to fully painted.

It also helps that you can do a really basic paint job and it'll still look good, not to mention the fact that because you're encouraged to switch up where the colours go you don't get into that rut of the first model you paint looking identical to the fiftieth.

Dragonlover

• 3 months later...

"One day the Bell of Lost Souls will toll no more, for the galaxy will belong to Mankind and will not need heroes to defend it. Alas, today is not that day. Legio Brythonia, full stride!" - Princeps-Morrigan Carla Brunel commanding the Warlord Titan Rex Finis at the Siege of Terra, M.31

---------------------------

Warlord Rex Finis, Reaver Dracos Fulgurum and Warhound Celeris Venandi stride off the painting line and await armaments:

gallery_69371_15697_170873.jpeg

I also finally came up with a cognomen for the Legio: The Prophets of Silence.

Just gotta paint two Warhounds and a pile of guns now, hopefully this weather lets up so I can get my resin stuff I bought last year sprayed.

Dragonlover

Edited by Dragonlover

Cheers! Been trying to come up with something for months, and it just popped into my head the other day.

I've decided that the final two Warhounds will both be half and half but mirrors of each other. I was considering stripes on the carapace but both of them have the heraldry spot so I'm canning that for the next batch.

Dragonlover

It's incredibly potato-cam, but I got all the hulls done!

gallery_69371_15697_198951.jpg

I've been considering markings, and have started practicing knotwork just with pencil and paper, but I can't decide how best to do it on the models. Do I pick a new colour to do the markings with, or do I just go for the inverse of whatever the panel is painted?

The FAQ also kneecapped my army list, so I'm currently mulling over what to go with next. I've settled on just going straight Vulpa to start with, but once my copy of Shadow and Iron shows up I need to sit down and have a proper look through all my options.

Dragonlover

Impressive achievement to get that many Titans color blocked out.

You might want to check out some of the Celtic and Elvish stencils here to make painting them a bit easier on yourself.

And I'd suggest not going straight opposite on the colors - maybe a tan/olive color on the white and an ivory on the green. That will bring a little warmth to your palette.