Hermanista's Ultimate Betrayal - Chaos Knights...

hermanista

Greetings heretics!

So folks may have seen my meandering Imperial Knights blog over on the Admech pages, if not, why not? Go have a nosey now if you fancy as it can be found here -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/345486-hermanistas-knights-mechanicus/

Including the this chap and his mates

v9eKuFz.jpg

But with the arrival of the new chaos knights models, I fancied a change of colour scheme and army for a bit. Which means new blog over on the chaos side of the Bolter and Chainsword.

I think I've decided on a scheme having used some spare knight parts to practice on, a bottle green colour, tinged with purple like -

yAbJgC4.jpg

But could be swayed going another scheme still, it depends on what I see between now and painting day.

I've not decided where I go model wise after the first one arrives tomorrow, whether I go for a competative army with a solo knight or if I go for just a five knights and stick to the same list.

My imperial knight household is already at the 18-20 model mark, so I won't be doing every variant in chaos colours, the wife would murder me.

But having appeared on WHTV last Friday with my imperial knights, the present terms did keep tempting me by the idea of a chaos version of my imperial scheme...

So who knows, either way these are going to be fairly heavily converted - compared to the much more out of the box appearance of my Red Knights

Chris

Edited by hermanista

Your green/purple test piece really reminds me of nurgle, as its quite similar to the colour of house flies in this area.  What other schemes are you thinking of?  You could always go something a little slaaneshi... (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356852-the-bringers-of-judgment-dr-ruminahuis-knights/?p=5347819) :)

Do you think you'll base them the same as your imperial knights?  I love those red stone bases.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I am looking forward to any and all updates, Hermanista, your knights are top-notch!

The coloration on the carapace looks really neat- I am very interested in the recipe !

Edited by Azekai

Dr_Ruminal

Too many choices atm, a dark parody of my Red Knights, cream with orange markings, blue, Legio Fureans, the bottle green shown.

Too much choice, at the moment I'm having better luck thinking of names for the knights than I am picking a colour, lol.

I'm gonna stick with the same basing style though I reckon, this time though a different colour scheme for the knights might make them pop more compared to their Imperial counterparts.

Azekai

Cheers!

The green was actually really easy, basecoat it in a really bright silver, preshaded with minitaire clear red, wait for it to dry and then and then coated in minitaire clear green.

All done with airbrush

Allow to dry. Done

• 2 weeks later...

So the wife has gone to a festival with some mates, leaving me with the boy on parenting duty for the weekend.

Which meant after he went to bed I got a bit of guilt free hobby time.

The new knight FAQ changes have got me thinking about the chaos side more, so I've spent the evening finishing up the first chaos knight - now fully magnetised - including the gun mount meaning I can swap between options.

DDaaIwz.jpg

6D2gxFF.jpg

SEFvLM6.jpg

mn0wbdw.jpg

I've still not decided on a colour scheme - I think I've got it down to White or Teal/Turquoise - something really vibrant that will allow me to get so different colour battle damage in there.

We shall see tomorrow night when I get the airbrush out I suppose