+++BCK's Conversion Challenge: Necromunda Winner+++

That'll work. You going to do the Interceptor as it was in the first or second movie?

Not sure yet, depending on the price of the kits I may do both, I know someone whos mates with the local model shop owner so I can abuse his discount a bit :D  

Now remember that the Necromunda models are also slightly bigger than the (quite old) Ork Boy. In 40k, vehicles are undersized compared to the other models, but 1:25 scale car models would realistically not be too out of scale from the 28mm scale models that Necromunda are.

I dunno, bruv, 1:35 military figures are even bigger than ogryns. 

Im0wwiO.png

That'll work. You going to do the Interceptor as it was in the first or second movie?

Not sure yet, depending on the price of the kits I may do both, I know someone whos mates with the local model shop owner so I can abuse his discount a bit :biggrin.:  

That's what friends mates are for, right?

Now remember that the Necromunda models are also slightly bigger than the (quite old) Ork Boy. In 40k, vehicles are undersized compared to the other models, but 1:25 scale car models would realistically not be too out of scale from the 28mm scale models that Necromunda are.

I dunno, bruv, 1:35 military figures are even bigger than ogryns. 

Im0wwiO.png

Also, if an average size person was standing next to a 1958 Plymouth Fury they would be taller than the car. The ork is not, and is on a base.

Bounty Hunter Complete

SNySEVw.jpg

Grapnel, Needle Pistol, Chainsword, Smoke Grenades, infasight.

Gunna need to out together an ammojack next, just got one for my campaign. I'll gather some bits and post a pic. Still working on this guys lore, but he's definitely ex-guard based on his aesthetics

• 1 month later...

Making sure this doesn’t fade into memory.

I, HvitrValdr, pledge to convert a leader for House Orlock in the Conversion Challenge on or before September 30, 2019.

I’ll get started as soon as my Apollus Kage arrives.

Edited by HvitrValdyr

My local group is starting up Necromunda and I am going with Van Saar and using the Skitarii kit as my base. As such I will have a few simple conversions and thought I might join in here.

Before I do I have a question. Due to the nature of the Skitarri kit I was planning on doing each model as two subs assemblies, lower torso and upper torso (with the long robes), so that painting the robes would be easier. Can I submit a model that is not glued between the lower and upper torso? If so I could leave the pinning of the upper torso until after I have taken a picture of the upper torso sitting on the correct legs of the lower torso.

I sat down with Wez tonight with the idea of trying to figure out what it is about his pose that I don't like, and all I could come up with was identifying that's it the legs, but no clear idea how to fix it. So... I'm moving on to something else for the time being. A little while back when I got the 'Munda box set, I started converting a ganger to resemble this heavy stubber girl in this artwork. 

7obCM8i.png

Here's the condition she was in when I last left her; a before/after to show how I made her taller and started on some muscle work. 

WFfpg0w.png

And with a couple hours of digging through sprues, test fitting all kinds of things, and finally coming up with something. 

E47WKT8.png

The arms are from the old WHFB chaos marauders and I thought I had sanded and scraped that right one down far enough, but it didn't look nearly that out of proportion until I got these pics into Photoshop, so I'll need to do more work on that. The left is going to need a good amount of work to fit properly, but overall, I like the way this is looking. 

If you could get a pic of both parts together, that would be great. :smile.:

Ok then.

I,Trokair, pledge to convert one Ganger (Ruled) for House Van Saar in the Conversion Challenge on or before September 30, 2019.

Starting picture for the squad:

gallery_29932_13153_96030.jpg

I will be building some without conversions/very minor conversion (basic gangers with Lasguns/Las Carbines) so those I will just get on with and will not form part of this challenge. When I get to the special and heavy weapons I’ll vow them here.

The first one, as vowed above, will have some sort of special weapon, thinking suppression laser but could be anything really.

Edited by Trokair

Making sure this doesn’t fade into memory.

I, HvitrValdr, pledge to convert a leader for House Orlock in the Conversion Challenge on or before September 30, 2019.

I’ll get started as soon as my Apollus Kage arrives.

Bits to start.

48725296501_70177aa841_o.jpg

Edited by HvitrValdyr

Update on leader. Green stuffed some small gaps in the arm joints on the back and a basic neck for the Sly head. Torn between a bionic leg from a Necron model or the original leg for Apollus. Also debating adding a tabard to visually link him more to the existing Orlock gang members.

48725296261_565d1ac72a_o.jpg

Tabard added. I’m not an amazing sculptor but I think it conveys the idea. Also decided on his original leg but added a padded cover to emulate the padded knee pad on the same leg. Finally, made some tiny gap fills around the arms. I think that’s it for green stuffing, now waiting for it to cure so I can clean it up a little. After that I need to add the chainsword to his belt on his back and I think I’ll be done.

48730588407_41abbae813_o.jpg

Edited by HvitrValdyr

Very well done, brother! In case you might want to have another go at a loincloth that doesn't require any sculpting, I'll let you in on an old trick of mine I came up with to make loincloths and capes long before I could sculpt worth a crap. 

What you do is find a figure with some kind of sculpted cloth, be it a cape, a robe, a loincloth, or whatever, and find a spot that looks like it would do what you want if it was inverted. Essentially, you're going to use the existing cloth on the figure as a press mold so you brush on a little oil or some other kind of mold release and you jam some greenstuff over the area and let it cure. Once done, you pull it off, trim it to shape, and glue it in place. As it happens, Apollus hos a nice spot on the back of his jacket that would work extremely well. 

zsSK4Kz.png

I'd cover that red area in a medium-to-thin layer of GS and make a new loincloth out of it. 

HvitrValdyr, looks good, the old school bolter is a nice touch.

Ok here is my completed conversion of a ganger with a suppression laser. I will admit it did not turn out quite as imagined. I had intended to use a different part for the end of the gun (a spare bit from the Tech-priest Dominus) and when I held all the pieces next to each other it looks like ok proportions, but I guess I was mentally judging it on Marine scale so when I started to add it to the body it ended up way to big. So instead I added two shorter barrels. Still a bit on the large size but better then what it would have been. I decided not to give him a Backpack so that he fits in more with other Necromunda models and looks a bit less like a Skitarii. When it comes to painting I am thinking that the round half ball that the backpack would go on I will paint as a power source/radiation glow, that or I will trim it of so that there is a flat back plate.

I also spotted that the robes are slightly misaligned when I took the photos, will try to smooth that over.

gallery_29932_13153_46185.jpg

Next I will try a heavy weapon ganger, I have an idea, let’s see what I can build.

I,Trokair, pledge to convert one Ganger (Ruled) for House Van Saar in the Conversion Challenge on or before September 30, 2019.

Same starting point as the last guy, parts from the sprue and my bits box.