Valkyrie assembling and painting advice

I'm considering buying a Valkyrie to serve as a personal transport/gun cutter for my Inquisitor and his cadre, purely as a painting and modelling project. The biggest thing I've worked on so far is my Raven Guard Whirlwind, so a Valkyrie is something of a step up.

Does anyone have any links to good resources for, or personal experiences with, building and painting a Valkyrie? I'm talking basic assembly tips, magnetising the weapons and the doors, conversion ideas, painting guides - anything that'll make my Inquisitor's ride the envy of the conclave.

It’s bigger than you think. I loved the model’s look but didn’t enjoy assembling my first. 

Be careful with the canopy plastic, it’s easy to fog it with some glues.  I’d also recommend shading the glass with some thinned blue or green, I think the acrylic plastic looks weird at 40k scale. 

When assembling the tail booms you may want to glue in the cross flap and rubber band it all. I glued each of the tail boom halves together without gluing in that wing and both of my booms warped towards the outside. :(  My sprues were kinda warped to start with and I never finished assembling it because of that. 

Magnetizing the guns are no different than anything else you may have magnetized but you really need to decide if you’re going paint the interior as you assemble it. You may be able to blue tack the floor into place to act as a jig for assembling the rest of the airframe but I was impatient and just kept gluing. 

I used a Dremel to cut into the armor panels up near the front and in the wing then glued in some tubing behind as I assembled as battle damage.