Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Age of Sigmar: Warcry Rules = New Kill Team

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BloodWolves

BloodWolves

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts
I just finished watching a How to Play of Warcry and the gameplay looks so good and stupid easy to pick up. I'm fiddling around the idea of seeing if it would be possible to create a 40k version of it. It seems like a wicked balance of Kill Team, Necromunda, Blackstone Fortress and something new!

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,594 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Just a note - discussion of the Warcry game isn't appropriate here since it's not a WH40K setting game. However, you may discuss adapting the rules to the WH40K setting. I'm moving this discussion over to the Homegrown Rules forum for that purpose.
  • Canadian_F_H likes this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,749 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I am definitly interested in this idea. The more rules and games i can use my models with the better.

Exilyth

Exilyth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: AM, SM, GSC

The 'reach' mechanic for long meelee weapons is certainly interesting - finally a use for power staffs/spears. biggrin.png

With the small model count, some esoteric subfactions could see some light, e.g. some of the lesser known ordos of the inquisition.

So, to start out this 'Warcry40k', how about making some warband rules for generic loyal Astartes & Astra Militarum?

I could see e.g. some of the 'orders' for AM being used as special abilities.

WH40k: Astra Militarum: ~2500 Pts, Space Marines: ~2500 Pts, GSC: ~1000 Pts

"Reduce, recycle, reuse - don't waste your sprues!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users