Attempting to get back into the HH with a new Army

Lord Blackwood

So I have been building and painting Solar Auxilia f or use in  40k  for a while now ,  and as  I was doing so  I started thinking about potentially   picking up some of the   30k  specific stuff and rolling them out in  30k but I am not  100% sure how  to form my list here is what I came up with , would love some feedback.

+++ Solar Aux Attempt One  (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) [3,000pts] +++

++  Crusade (Solar Auxilia) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Auxilia Tank Commander [55pts]
Categories: HQ

Lord Marshal [150pts]: Artificer Armour, Displacer Matrix, Lord Marshal, Paragon Blade, Plasma pistol
Categories: HQ, Compulsory HQ

+ Elites +

Auxilia Ogryn Charonite Squad [185pts]: 3x Ogryn Charonite
Categories: Elites

Auxilia Rapier Battery [140pts]
Categories: Elites, Artillery, Infantry
Rapier Team
Quad Mortar (frag & shatter shells)
Rapier Team
Quad Mortar (frag & shatter shells)

+ Troops +

Auxilia Infantry Tercio [175pts]: Aegis Defense Line
Categories: Troops, Compulsory Troops
Auxilia Lasrifle Section: Blast-chargers
Sergeant: Close Combat Weapon, Lasgun and Collimator

Auxilia Infantry Tercio [175pts]: Aegis Defense Line
Auxilia Lasrifle Section: Blast-chargers
Sergeant: Close Combat Weapon, Lasgun and Collimator

Auxilia Infantry Tercio [285pts]
Dracosan Armoured Transport: Demolisher Cannon
Veletaris Storm Section: Volkite Chargers
Prime: Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol, Melta Bombs, Volkite Charger

Auxilia Infantry Tercio [285pts]
Dracosan Armoured Transport: Demolisher Cannon
Veletaris Storm Section: Volkite Chargers
Prime: Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol, Melta Bombs, Volkite Charger

+ Fast Attack +

Auxilia Leman Russ Strike Squadron [370pts]
Categories: Fast Attack
Auxilia Leman Russ Vanquisher: Lascannon
Categories: Vehicle, Tank
Auxilia Leman Russ Vanquisher: Lascannon
Categories: Vehicle, Tank

+ Heavy Support +

Auxilia Artillery Tank Battery [525pts]: Auxilia Medusa, Auxilia Medusa, Auxilia Medusa
Categories: Heavy Support, Vehicle, Tank

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Loyalist
Categories: Allegiance

+ Lords of War +

Auxilia Baneblade Super-heavy Battle Tank [655pts]: Armoured Ceramite, 2x Side sponson with one Lascannon and one twin-linked Heavy bolter
Categories: Lords of War

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules: Playtest Rules On
Categories: Use Playtest Rules

Though I'm not an experienced Auxilia player, I may try to offer some suggestions. Your list looks very solid to me so just some tweaks:

- Lord Marshal allows you to field Household Retinue as elites choices. As far as i know, there are no downsides to it (you lose 'Hold the Line' but your Tercios only have one unit anyway) and gain WS and Preferred Enemy (Infantry). The latter is amazing on Volkites and WS buff is also nice - as long as Veletaris hold their hands (aka 'Close Formation Fighting') they have massive Weapon Skill 5 which is also a nice incentive to give sergeant a better weapon.

- Is there any advantage of taking vehicle in squadrons? (that's not rhetorical, maybe i've missed something) If not, I'd say two tanks give more flexibility than one unit of tanks in my humble opinion.

- I'd usually advise some Medics, Feel no Pain for 20men blob for measly 20 pts... but they come in 3 men unit base so there is no place for one in your army (cause your Dracosans have capacity of ten), so yeah. Maybe scratch that.

Overall, nice list imo

first thanks for the feedback it is really appreciated 

if the vanquishers are in a squad then  they both get tank  hunter im pretty sure 

Do they still score if the storm section is turned into household ret? 

Ill look into medics for the next draft ! 

Thanks again for giving me some things to think about. 

if the vanquishers are in a squad then  they both get tank  hunter im pretty sure 

Do they still score if the storm section is turned into household ret? 

The Tank Commander bestows his graces on one vehicle only, not a squadron.

The Household Retinue becomes an Elites choice, so no, they won't be scoring any more.

In general, I'd probably trim one Lasrifle Section and one Aegis, then get another Storm Section to be joined by your Lord Marshal, and have them riding in a vehicle that offers enough capacity (Termite or Arvus both have capacity 12 each). 

Then you could stick a Medicae Orderly with them and attach the remaining two Orderlies to your single footsloggin' Lasrife Section.

You might want Flare Shields on your Dracosans.

Out of curiosity ... what's the purpose of the three Ogryns ?

Thanks for the further response and rules clarification 
Would there be any point to roll  with the axe guys as the household or should I  roll another volkite squad  ? 
I just happen to own the Ogryns and have painted them so I  tossed them in  there , should I drop them ? 

Keep the Ogryns if you already have them battle-ready !  They're a fun unit, but I wouldn't expect them to do much. Maybe have them guard your artillery battery.

I'm all for using the models one owns and loves.

Personally, I'd stick to the Volkite Storm Section, since a.) they're scoring, and b.) neither of the vehicles with sufficient capacity has the 'assault vehicle' USR.

Only one model in a unit needs Tank Hunters USR to confer to the whole unit, so Tank Hunter from your Tank Commander will apply to both Vanquishers.

Definitely avoid axes, they look cool, but so does volkite and that's fare more useful, especially with PE.

Where you can, look at putting some of your squads together in to a single Tercio (as long as you still have 2 troops overall). This will let them reroll 6s for morale within 6" of each other, which becomes amazing when you already have Ld10 from you Lord Marshal.

If you drop 2 Aegis lines you can afford a whole extra Lasrifle Section.

Only one model in a unit needs Tank Hunters USR to confer to the whole unit, so Tank Hunter from your Tank Commander will apply to both Vanquishers.

Normally, that's the case with the Tank Hunters USR, but ... page 27 Crusade Imperialis Army List:

- Options: 'Their tank, however, may receive options normal for its type'

- Armoured Warfare:  'The Tank Commander must be attached to either an Auxilia Leman Russ tank, etc. ... '

- Tank Ace: 'A vehicle commanded by an Auxilia Tank Commander may fire Overwatch with any weapons eligible to do so and, in addition, must choose a single special rule from the following list which applies to the tank: ... '

So, to be honest, it reads like it should only affect the vehicle they're attached to, and that they could only join a single vehicle in the first place, not a squadron.

I might be wrong though.

It can be read multiple ways, but to me it's just the standard phrasing for USRs. It has to be worded that way as IWND or Precision Shots would only apply to the single tank. However, it doesn't explicitly overrule the main book saying that some USRs can be conferred to the unit by a single model (like Tank Hunters or PE).

Particularly in the case of the Scout option, you'd never be able to use this in a squadron if it only affected the TC and didn't confer. Whether TCs can join squadrons is a whole different debate. It's not something I've looked in to before.

Lord Blackwood, I appreciate your joining the Auxilia, though numerous in fluff we are a rare bird in the board.

Having watched your works on the guard forums I’m happy to see you here in the beginning times.

A few notes....

I’d look into the command squad as on top of being baller minis you’ve got access to some cool rules and they assist in making the section behind an ADL even moar hard (although not template proof but that’s why we stick a medic here.)

The lord Marshall is a cool dude but is $$ pts wise so unless you’re planning on tooling him up some more for CC and throwing him in a drac or an Arvus with an axe squad I’d keep him pared down and use his abilities as a force multiplier with a tercio.

At 3k you’re not running a lot of dudes- I’d give one tercio the blast chargers, throw a second section with them and maybe a flamer section for the STAY AWAYS!! and have another tercio as mobile cover for the russes.

The charonites are rad models and best used in ZM.... on the board I’d keep them with the mobile section as a no no to CC carnifex... may work unless they get shot up... and they will if anyone’s faced them;)

SA vanqs are awesome!!

2 quad mortars are nice... I imagine they’re going behind the ADL as well?

The Medusa mortar carriers are great- short ranged but will flatten what they touch- another reason to think about the command squad... paired with tercios with com units you’ll always have LOS to something that can get extra pounded.

The baneblade is nice and at 3k is a nice fit .... have you been introduced to the Infernus and/or Valdor?? Malcador chassis and great for what they do- I throw a tank commander in the valdor for fun and nonfriend making;)