I remember...

First, the wind came from the north. It caressed the faces with its warm fingers, yet it's touch was death. Many fell ill within hours. Some of them became raving madmans, tearing their flesh as the agony burned through their veins. But many more collapsed simply in the streets, diving into fel dreams - and the nightmares never let them go. Their minds were imprisoned into their dwindling bodies, and in the end the fever took them.

The cries of those, who witnessed all this reached to the red skies, and the clouds washed their tears with black rain.

Then a throng came. Howling hordes of creatures made from iron and flesh marched under ragged banners and unholy icons. With hand and weapons raised to the high they prayed to their cruel gods, offering them the lives of the worthless. Their vile tongues promised suffering and slaughter. The streets run red with blood, and the unblinking eye above them watched the carnage, what they brought to this world with an endless hunger.

I remember the drawn blades, the burning homes, the stifling smoke, the darkness in the eyes, the emptiness in the heart after there where no more tears to cry.

And then the horde went. The few of us, who was left thought, that the Omnissiah may listened to our prayers. 

We were wrong.

The Gods came...

I remember... but oh Deus Mechanicus take these memories away! Burn my mind and my soul and let me fade to the nothingness beyond the cold of your conciousness!

I don't want to remember ...

Greetings fellow Brothers and Sisters!

After a very long time I started to work on my Adeptus Titanicus force! I planned to jump into the game at the end of last year, but life came and I had to put aside this project with all the others that were related to this hobby. But after long months I finally managed to make some space again for it - it was high time! 
I hope that you will accompany me on my journey in Adeptus Titanicus. 
I will be returning with more details soon :wink:

Edited by TheDreadfulSagittary

AT is some of the most fun I've had in this hobby, I hope you like it.

I fell in love with the game on it's arrival, yet the initial entry cost and the lack of alternate Titans prevented me from buying anything. Later, when the Warhound box went came I knew that I have to jump on the train (and the game has the Heresy setting - my all time favorite...:wink: ). I have a friend who will also start his on Maniple, unfortunately he lives 200 Km-s from me. 

Until we finally can meet again and bring our Titans forward I will preach the magnificence of the God-Engines to the other players in my area :smile.:  

In 2019;

40K = Horde mode. Large number of models. Die fast.

Titanicus = SUPER HERO MODE! Few models. Every action counts. Refuse to die.

Welcome to AT. Look forward to seeing your stuff.

Thank you Kilofix!

Aye, 2019 will be a difficult year to me, because of all the nice things GW hurls out every month, but I will try to focus on my current projects. (I'm interested currently in AoS, Horus Heresy, 40k, Necromunda and 40k too... And one other game, not GW related... :cool.: )

First update!

After some fumbling with my first box (the Warhounds, they are still in a very WIP state), I went big, and bought last month these things:

DSCN1932

A local shop offered some very nice discount on the Warlord, so I had to buy one. The Cerastus Knights were a no brainer decision. I loved them when they first came out for 30k, but I knew that I will never get one - they are just to damn expensive for a model (even if one so beautiful...). I was glad that we have them in AT, so I decided to make a Knight Lance, to accompany my Titans to the battle.

I'm building a Regia Maniple for Legio Fureans. If everything will go well I will order a second Warlord next month, and a box of another two Warhounds in September (to have a full Regia with the 2 Warlords and the 3 Warhounds). The Cerastus Knights will be House Makabius, and I'm planning to add a box of Acastus Knights to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Fureans is hard to do, good luck!

Yes, it is my biggest fear, that in the end I will not do justice to the amazing concept... I never considered myself a great painter, maybe an OK one, but in the last couple of years I did mostly modelling an painting, with really small amount of gamint (this year I played maybe twice, but other game systems, not even GW ones - that is a new negative record on my side). I hope that I will do an acceptable job on these miniatures.

First of his kind, let me introduce the Warlord! (It doesn't have any name yet. I wanted to give them something characterful, but I need to do some research first.)

Who has the high ground now, young apprentice?

DSCN1983

Well, I wanted to do a test model for the legion, and it turned out this way. The first thing to notice - I'm not good on painting flames... Which is a shame :sad.: I hope that I will improve my ability with the next ones. On the other hand I like the mostly black carapace with the yellow parts. It gives him an intimidating presence. 
Painting the yellow was quite hard. It took many thin coats to reach this quality, and it was a pain in the back to redo after some mistakes. 

DSCN1981

DSCN1979

DSCN1982

The next ones will be the Cerastus Knights. After that I plan to order a second Warlord (the plasma one). That will give me the bulk of the Regia, and only the Warhounds will be missing (one is on the painting table, but the other is still half-magnetized)...

And later, maybe an other Legion??? :wink:

I’m not joking, the yellow contrast paint over a bright metallic base might work really well for you. I’ll get some closeups of my knights will yellow on them.

I would like to know more about it, thank you. Do the new contrast paints go well over metallics? I have another project in my mind (Executioners Space Marines), for which they would be very useful.

This is a good start.

Flames aren't easy. It took me a few goes before I was happy with the ones on my Astorum. But the flame patterns on Fureans and Astorum can look fantastic if done well. I think you're off to a good start.

My advice is to draw flames on in pencil before painting them. I find it a lot easier this way, with the shapes already defined.

You might also want to look at some flame patterns that people have used and practice drawing them on paper before approaching a titan. And maybe use some spare armour plates like the loyalist ones for your warlord and warhounds to practice designs on before using them on your titans.

Hope that helps. good luck.

First of his kind, let me introduce the Warlord! (It doesn't have any name yet. I wanted to give them something characterful, but I need to do some research first.)

Who has the high ground now, young apprentice?

Well, I wanted to do a test model for the legion, and it turned out this way. The first thing to notice - I'm not good on painting flames... Which is a shame :sad.: I hope that I will improve my ability with the next ones. On the other hand I like the mostly black carapace with the yellow parts. It gives him an intimidating presence. 

Painting the yellow was quite hard. It took many thin coats to reach this quality, and it was a pain in the back to redo after some mistakes. 

The next ones will be the Cerastus Knights. After that I plan to order a second Warlord (the plasma one). That will give me the bulk of the Regia, and only the Warhounds will be missing (one is on the painting table, but the other is still half-magnetized)...

And later, maybe an other Legion??? :wink:

I’m not joking, the yellow contrast paint over a bright metallic base might work really well for you. I’ll get some closeups of my knights will yellow on them.

I would like to know more about it, thank you. Do the new contrast paints go well over metallics? I have another project in my mind (Executioners Space Marines), for which they would be very useful.

Hells yes they do. Blood Angels red over Retributor gold looks amazing and the turquoise over my bright metallic primer with a recess wash was basically made for Alpha Legion.  The gray contrast paint over a metallic base makes it a darker metallic, the bright primer I use ends up looking like Boltgun metal (aka Leadbelcher) but with highs and lows instead of flat.

Slightly different take on Fureans but that color combo works out nice.

Thank you! I wanted to do a different take, and it seems that it is just as great as I imagined it.

This is a good start.

Flames aren't easy. It took me a few goes before I was happy with the ones on my Astorum. But the flame patterns on Fureans and Astorum can look fantastic if done well. I think you're off to a good start.

My advice is to draw flames on in pencil before painting them. I find it a lot easier this way, with the shapes already defined.

You might also want to look at some flame patterns that people have used and practice drawing them on paper before approaching a titan. And maybe use some spare armour plates like the loyalist ones for your warlord and warhounds to practice designs on before using them on your titans.

Hope that helps. good luck.

Thank you Mandragola.

With every new project that I do I try to experience something different from the ones I did before. That is also a reason why I choose the Fureans. And now I want to master it as much as I can, and do something that I'm proud of, and that others might find appealing. 

I will try out what you recommend. A sidenote: I thought at first, that painting the titans will be easy, but there is still a scale difference, that I have to consider.

Excellent work. Where'd you get the Rhino Mark I?

That is an old Epic Rhino, ad Dark Bjoern indicated. :biggrin.: 

I managed to get some Epic vehicles (3 Rhinos a Land Raider and a Whirlwind is waiting for some big guys to roll above them). I know that there are still Epic players around the world, and they have a lot of these things lying around... 

Hells yes they do. Blood Angels red over Retributor gold looks amazing and the turquoise over my bright metallic primer with a recess wash was basically made for Alpha Legion.  The gray contrast paint over a metallic base makes it a darker metallic, the bright primer I use ends up looking like Boltgun metal (aka Leadbelcher) but with highs and lows instead of flat.

That is really good to know... :thumbsup:  I have some plans after I finish some more titans, and I will look after these things. 

I was really excited about contrast paints but not for their regular use. I always loved the colored metallic paints, but I never got a chance to try them (there is no source for them in my region, and didn't wanted to order it from across the globe). So you say I can try to recreate the Alpha Legion or the Thousand Sons colours with contrasts over regular metallic paints? That sounds nice...:smile.:

First one is BA red over Retributor and looks waaay better in person.  The rest are other contrast colors over Rustoleum aluminum, my new go-to primer that's basically a color match for Runefang steel. That's a Warlord volcano I shortened for Reaver use before the weapon sprue came out.  I hit the red with some crimson and Nuln oil shades just to see how it looked.  

AC550FD0 7D3A 4E55 B071 3FB89E4C4B3F

DA6717A6 DDD8 4435 86EA 0D117E93308B

4F4834C2 3113 4387 B89B 904CB4716F9C

2FB73190 7793 441B B24B A20800911782

This is Terradon turquoise over aluminum primer after a simple wash of Nuln oil just to knock out the shine.

E91E3C63 42BE 4AD6 80EC B9F44AD7EBA9

Look at the guns, that's thinned layers of contrast gray over aluminum, it basically becomes a shade similar to leadbelcher with highs and lows. 

0734E3C0 6322 45F2 8668 9F20ABAD1C8B

Edited by Fajita Fan

Thank you Fajita Fan, this is really helpful. I will definitely throw some Contrast paints and one of the primers for them to my next order. 

Anyone knows why  are the regular Warlord and Reaver boxes GW direct only? That makes some plans a bit harder, because I can't get discount on them...

Today I ordered some foam from Feldherr to have a nice way to transport my little maniple. Hopefully it will arrive next week.

And a sidenote: I ordered the traitor dice set, which i got today (yes, August will be an expensive month... :wacko.:). I find it a bit annoying that it has only 9 regular d6... 

Thank you Fajita Fan, this is really helpful. I will definitely throw some Contrast paints and one of the primers for them to my next order. 

Anyone knows why  are the regular Warlord and Reaver boxes GW direct only? That makes some plans a bit harder, because I can't get discount on them...

Today I ordered some foam from Feldherr to have a nice way to transport my little maniple. Hopefully it will arrive next week.

And a sidenote: I ordered the traitor dice set, which i got today (yes, August will be an expensive month... :wacko.:). I find it a bit annoying that it has only 9 regular d6... 

Um, you need to be ordering battle groups if you want regular titans.  1 Warlord, 1 Reaver, and 2 Warhounds for $144 US on Amazon!!

Also contrasts work over any light colored primer, not just the GW ones.  I sprayed a few extra Reaver pieces this morning with $4 Walmart primer to test the colors.  The nice thing about Wraithbone and Gray Seer is that you can buy base paint pots that are color matched for cleanups but you should be able to find offbrand primers similar to your paint pots.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Nice stuff.

For the flames, a smaller brush size can help.

Regarding the Warlord and Reaver (first versions) I think this might be linked to the battlegroup box being quite in demand (it basically offers 2 warhounds on top of the warlord and reaver for the price of the warlord and reaver). There are still online vendors offering them with discounts.

If you are planning to add a Warlord and a Reaver to your forces, I would look for finding the battlegroup box. elementgames still has a couple (check for shipping costs). It is not listed anymore on waylandgames and on darksphere it indicates out of stock at GW, even though it is still available direct. This might indicate there is no new stock for third parties. As it is almost a year AT was launched, more than 6 months that the battlegroup box is available, I would not be surprised to see a new iteration of the battlegroup box where we would get both weapons sprues for both the Warlord and Reaver (with a price increase). Just speculation.

Nice stuff.

For the flames, a smaller brush size can help.

Regarding the Warlord and Reaver (first versions) I think this might be linked to the battlegroup box being quite in demand (it basically offers 2 warhounds on top of the warlord and reaver for the price of the warlord and reaver). There are still online vendors offering them with discounts.

If you are planning to add a Warlord and a Reaver to your forces, I would look for finding the battlegroup box. elementgames still has a couple (check for shipping costs). It is not listed anymore on waylandgames and on darksphere it indicates out of stock at GW, even though it is still available direct. This might indicate there is no new stock for third parties. As it is almost a year AT was launched, more than 6 months that the battlegroup box is available, I would not be surprised to see a new iteration of the battlegroup box where we would get both weapons sprues for both the Warlord and Reaver (with a price increase). Just speculation.

Yes, I want to add another Warlord to my force, but I have to wait. Mainly because I have some backlog still on my painting desk, which needs to be completed. Most urgent would be my four Cerastus Knights for AT and a regular Imperial Knight for my Household. And there are tons of Horus Heresy stuff... I need more time, but the weekends are to short, and I didn't get any real "relaxing" vacation this year. I will be in a training camp for 10 days from friday - which is awesome, but I will have nearly no time to paint things.

But if I manage to clear out some things I will definitely get some more titans :wink:

Now some good news! 

I managed to paint a Warhound :biggrin.:  Still not satisfied with the flame effects, but I will get to be better (or at least I hope so). 

DSCN1986

DSCN1987

DSCN1989

Something to note: painting the armour plates on these are a bit tricky. I have to figure it out how to do a better job. :smile.:

Try a Micron pen to get sharper lines and more elongated flames of that’s what you’re going for.

I will try it on the next Warhound.

Meanwhile I started working on my Cerastus Knights. I want them painted before I order any new models. The temptation is really strong, but I don't want to have a huge pile of unpainted models (I have that in other systems...:wacko.:).