Try a Micron pen to get sharper lines and more elongated flames of that’s what you’re going for.

How does the ink from your micron pens react to transfer medium like Microsol? I used a pen for the writing on one of my Reaver carapace scrolls, and it partially washed the ink away when I put a transfer nearby.

Just one to be wary of if you’re using micron pens!

Yesterday I finished my Cerastus Lancers. They where wonderfully easy to paint, I really enjoyed working on them! Maybe that's why I finished these litte traitors faster than anything else I painted this year. 

DSCN1998

DSCN2000

DSCN2002

DSCN2005

They didn't have decals, but I might be try to apply some decals later on them, although they look really small for my big fingers to work with :biggrin.:

So nearly everything that I have is complete. Only a Warhound is lying on the workbench, waiting to be magnetized and then painted. 
For my Legio Fureans I still want another Warlord and a third Warhound to be able to field a complete Regia battlegroup, and I would like to add a box of Acastus Knights to my Makabius Household who will accompany my Titans on the battlefield. 

After I finished these I would like to start a loyalist Titan Legion, based mostly on the Reaver Titans and maybe one Warlord. I'm thinking about Defensor or Atarus, but I still have time to make the decision :wink:

The Knights are beautifully painted.

Thank you! :smile.: This whole project is a lovechild to me, and I try my best on everything that I build. 

Defensor can look great as they’re not common yet.

Yes, I think too, that Defensor has an unique look. I never painted big white surfaces, but it is a challenge I would take. Nowadays I'm about trying something new if it comes to painting, and that's why I went with Fureans on the first place.

This weekend I’m using Gray Seer as a base for white instead of Celestra, it appears to work pretty well. I’ll post pics.

I was tempted to repaint the white on my Defensor using grey seer, mine are just corax white needing shading at the minute. 

If you're up that high then maybe you don't need to do it unless you don't like the coverage.  Gray Seer covers pretty nice* and I'll bet** Ulthuan will look fine over it. 

*on the one piece I've tried

**hope

Silly question: did you use Grey Seer primer spray or the base paint? 

As I have a really bad experience with the Corax White spray I look for some nice alternatives. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally my second Warlord arrived today. I still have some 40k stuff on my workbench, but hopefully I will finish them on the weekend and I can start to work on the big fellow.

Meanwhile one of my friends helped me out with some airbrushing on the buildings that I have for AT. He painted them panzergrey, I just need to pick some little details and drybrush them. I didn't want to go on them super crazy detailwise, but I would like if I had some nice and painted terrain for the game. I built two sets of the Civitas Imperialis. For now I think this will be enough. I might add a third set with spires later if I have the money.

• 3 weeks later...

Some minor update: I finished speedpainting the terrain. It isn't fancy, I wanted to have it as quickly done, as possible to move on other, more important things who walk on two legs... :wink:  I will post an image tomorrow. 

Other things that bother me, my FLGS doesn't supply the AT Maniple Box anymore... :down:  That is something that annoys me really, because I wanted to buy the box next month, after I finished my second Warlord. And because GW made the regular Reaver Titan direct only it will be even harder (and pricier) to follow my initial plan :wallbash: I really doesn't know why the kits disappeared from the store...

So here they are. Nothing great about them, really just some speedpainting. My friend airbrushed them with Panzergrau, and then I washed them with Nuln Oil. Then I used a heavy drybrush on them with Greatcoat Grey (I still got some old P3 paints), and in the end I picked out some black and silver details. The main goal is with them, to have some easy painted pieces to have some variety on the table. Now, I only need to finish building my second Warlord, and I do some demo games with my friend.

DSCN2023

Reavers are still on Amazon for 10% off MSRP.  The battle group was a really good deal that probably wasn't going to stick around forever (but really should if they want to grow the game).  

On the subject of the battlegroup it is a shame, really. We need some really cost effective boxes, if we want to draw more people to this game. It looks that I'm always late with my choices... Now, I hope that the other boxes will not go GW direct only in the future. I can assure you, that if I had the money, and if I knew that these things won't be staying for a year in the stores, I would have ordered these boxes long before. 

It is a pity regarding the battlegroup. When it was released around Christmas last year it was listed as available as long as there is sufficient demand. The online retailer where I typically buy my stuff doesn't list it anymore, it disappeared before and came back after 2-3 weeks, I think at the time they sold their allocation and demand was pretty strong with GW favoring themselves as a result. Not sure now is a similar case. Anyway, one can only hope that we'll get a similar bundle for next Christmas (an improved one with the various weapons sprues maybe?).

Simple but effective paint scheme on the buildings (I still have to paint mine).

It is a pity regarding the battlegroup. When it was released around Christmas last year it was listed as available as long as there is sufficient demand. The online retailer where I typically buy my stuff doesn't list it anymore, it disappeared before and came back after 2-3 weeks, I think at the time they sold their allocation and demand was pretty strong with GW favoring themselves as a result. Not sure now is a similar case. Anyway, one can only hope that we'll get a similar bundle for next Christmas (an improved one with the various weapons sprues maybe?).

Simple but effective paint scheme on the buildings (I still have to paint mine).

Thank you Mendi! I hope it too, that we will see something similar for Christmas. I would be satisfied with a smaller battlegroup of a Reiver and two Warhounds... In the meantime I made an order for another Cerastus box, as I would like to start a loyalist force to. And I hope that we will see something beside the plastic Questoris Knight box, for which we are now waiting since ages...

I think your buildings look really effective. I'd much rather spend quality time in my knights & titans too.

Thank you Achinadav!

Terrain is something that I always want, but I rarely have the patience to paint them up on higher standards. That's the privilege of the models :biggrin.:  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently planning two simultaneous orders: one from my FLGS, and one order direct from GW. I would like to get some Knights with a discount, but due to the moving things to direct order, I'm forced to buy the standard Reaver from GW. Now, I'm not sure if I should buy one and the weapons sprue, or go straight with two Reavers. 
I want them mainly for my future Defensor project, but I might get one Reaver for Fureans too... It's a hard decision, as I want to buy some stuff from Forge World too, so October will be a very expensive month.

• 1 month later...

It's been some time since I posted anything here, but it was a busy time. I finally finished my big Knights for 40k, which took all my time and enthusiasam... Now back with some tiny action! I managed to grab some reinforcements for House Makabius, and I will make a lance to accompany my loyalist Titans. Honestly, I love the Cerastus chassis! I want to try some more dynamic poses on them this time, but I'm not sure how posable the legs are because of that element with the banner and the cables.

Reinforcements

Next up: I ordered a Warlord and a box of Warhounds. I'm nearing completion in the collecting part, now it  would be the  time to paint again!!!

A weekend's work... 

AT Reinforcements

A Fureans Warlord, a Crucius or Defensor (not sure which one to do) Reaver, one Cerastus and Acastus for my Makabius, and one Acastus and a full 3 Knight Banner to my loyalist Knights! I hope that there will be nice weather on the next weekend, and I will be able to prime them!