Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Gods walk again

Adeptus Titanicus Legio Fureans WIP

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,083 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Warhound Titan.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

General Zodd

General Zodd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts

Try a Micron pen to get sharper lines and more elongated flames of that’s what you’re going for.

How does the ink from your micron pens react to transfer medium like Microsol? I used a pen for the writing on one of my Reaver carapace scrolls, and it partially washed the ink away when I put a transfer nearby.

Just one to be wary of if you’re using micron pens!
gallery_48988_15151_12750.pnggallery_48988_15151_3702.png

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts
  • Faction: All of them?
Put down a layer of varnish first before your transfers, I thought a layer of gloss varnish was how everyone started.
  • General Zodd likes this

TheDreadfulSagittary

TheDreadfulSagittary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts
  • Faction: IH, SoH, IK

Yesterday I finished my Cerastus Lancers. They where wonderfully easy to paint, I really enjoyed working on them! Maybe that's why I finished these litte traitors faster than anything else I painted this year. 

DSCN1998
DSCN2000
DSCN2002
DSCN2005

They didn't have decals, but I might be try to apply some decals later on them, although they look really small for my big fingers to work with biggrin.png

So nearly everything that I have is complete. Only a Warhound is lying on the workbench, waiting to be magnetized and then painted. 
For my Legio Fureans I still want another Warlord and a third Warhound to be able to field a complete Regia battlegroup, and I would like to add a box of Acastus Knights to my Makabius Household who will accompany my Titans on the battlefield. 

After I finished these I would like to start a loyalist Titan Legion, based mostly on the Reaver Titans and maybe one Warlord. I'm thinking about Defensor or Atarus, but I still have time to make the decision msn-wink.gif

• Bjorn Firewalker and Mendi Warrior like this

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts
Defensive can look great as they’re not common yet.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,083 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Knights are beautifully painted.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts

Defensive can look great as they’re not common yet.

*Defensor*

TheDreadfulSagittary

TheDreadfulSagittary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

The Knights are beautifully painted.

Thank you! smile.png This whole project is a lovechild to me, and I try my best on everything that I build. 

Defensor can look great as they’re not common yet.

Yes, I think too, that Defensor has an unique look. I never painted big white surfaces, but it is a challenge I would take. Nowadays I'm about trying something new if it comes to painting, and that's why I went with Fureans on the first place.

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts
This weekend I’m using Gray Seer as a base for white instead of Celestra, it appears to work pretty well. I’ll post pics.
  • Reyner and TheDreadfulSagittary like this

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,951 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

This weekend I’m using Gray Seer as a base for white instead of Celestra, it appears to work pretty well. I’ll post pics.

I was tempted to repaint the white on my Defensor using grey seer, mine are just corax white needing shading at the minute. 

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts

If you're up that high then maybe you don't need to do it unless you don't like the coverage.  Gray Seer covers pretty nice* and I'll bet** Ulthuan will look fine over it. 

*on the one piece I've tried

**hope

• Reyner likes this

TheDreadfulSagittary

TheDreadfulSagittary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts

If you're up that high then maybe you don't need to do it unless you don't like the coverage.  Gray Seer covers pretty nice* and I'll bet** Ulthuan will look fine over it. 

*on the one piece I've tried

**hope

Silly question: did you use Grey Seer primer spray or the base paint? 
As I have a really bad experience with the Corax White spray I look for some nice alternatives. 

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts
Gray Seer brushed on over metallic spray.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Titanicus, Legio Fureans, WIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users