Ferrus Manus in the back there?

Yes. The Headless Hammerer Holds His ground :laugh.: 

My second love-project is the Horus Heresy, and I have an Irond Hands and a Sons of Horus force at hand. 

And I just noticed, that there is a missing melta-arm from the Reaver. Fortunately I found it laying in the pond of armor plates :smile.:

• 3 months later...

Oh, that was a very long absence. In the last three months I was either sick or was working... Not the best winter of my life, may I say... And because of that I had little time to spend on my beloved titans. The last bunch got primed back in November. Then I started working on my first loyalist Reaver, but as my freetime melted away I had to put him aside. 

Since the release of the Sisters I finally managed to scrape together some hobby time, and while I was building my first Sororitas Squad I managed to finish the Reaver too. Here it is:

Reaver 1

After he was complete I had some second thoughts about the project. Sure, the painting could have been done better... painting white was really a pain, and going time to time back to fix the mistakes wasn't really inspiring. But at the end I realized, that now I have yet another black armoured miniature! And that was the moment I lost heart in the whole project. I have a very sizeable Heresy Iron Hands army, with lots of black armour, and although I love them, and they really look nice I just don't want to do another army, that is mostly black...

Yes, I know I still have the Fureans, but in my heart I'm a loyalist player (will always be), and now I'm really sad because of the early mistake I made with this Reaver. And also painting yellow (with a brush) is really-really hard :biggrin.:

Now I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm currently looking for a new scheme for the next Titans (I still have an unbuild Warlord, two Reavers and two Warhounds for the loyalist cause). I have ordered the Shadow & Iron book also, maybe there I will find some redemption...

The great thing about AT18 is the huge variety of color schemes in the Legios - and also within each Legio.

I'm sure you'll find (or create) something that gets your creative juices flowing again!

The great thing about AT18 is the huge variety of color schemes in the Legios - and also within each Legio.

I'm sure you'll find (or create) something that gets your creative juices flowing again!

Sure! traitors have black on yellow, yellow on black, black on red, black with red trim...

• 3 weeks later...

Legio Fureans is starting to look good! 
I actually managed to finish painting the second Warhound, and I'm quite happy with the result. :biggrin.: Also, I have to admit, that I should feel ashamed, because I bought the box back in 2018, and finished the model only yesterday... a huge delay. But I hope that the initial positive energy, which I drew from working on this little guy will keep me continuing on the project. 

Warhound 1

Warhound 2

Next on my workbench is a Warlord, so I'm close to have a functioning Regia Maniple. I also want to buy another box of Warhounds to round up the force, but first I need to finish the big guy. 

Your take on Legio Fureans is less common than what you can usually see, I like it.

Thank you Mendi Warrior!

I'm not that great at painting, and the colour scheme of the Legio is really difficult, but I wanted to try out something new and challenging. I admit, yellow is the hardest colour, and sometimes it takes a crazy amount of time and layers to have a nice looking finish. Also, I don't have an airbrush, and only work with regular brushes. That's a thing that also can be considered as a limiting factor, but unfortunately I didn't have that many free time to justify the purchase of an airbrush. I try to do better every time I make something, and I also like to experiment with new schemes. 

Honestly, that is the first Titan I'm actually content with and liked to work on in a long time. One of my friends said, that choosing Fureans was a bad choice, and I should have went with another Legion and another color scheme. I don't think that he is right, because if I paint everything with black armour, than my collection will be... one-dimensional, boring. That's why I'm looking forward for this challenge. I still have 2 Warhounds and a Warlord to paint, to have a full Regia Maniple - I hope that I will do justice to them. 

And after that... I will start another Legion :biggrin.:

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I finally finished the second Warlord for the Legio Fureans. I'm quite happy with the end result... I'm far from the other Titan Legions in the section of the forum, but still I managed to do something to be proud of! And painting yellow is really-really hard. Even that this is my fourth attempt on it, it wasn't easier to paint :biggrin.: And yeah, freehand painting is still not my strength...

Warlord 1

Warlord 2

So, now I have two Warlords and two Warhounds battle-ready (I might redo the washes on my first warhound...), and I need only one more Warhound to finish my Regia Maniple! After this whole shutdown will be ended I would like to get the missing one, and arm it with the dual turbo laser destructors. I might try to find somebody who would like to half the new two player box with me, or I will have to order another Warhound box...

Next on will be some Cerastus Knights, when I'm settled with the Household... and after that I will start my loyalist project! I would like to get some Reavers and the Nemesis Warbringer to. Still not sure which Legion to choose or which Maniple to take :rolleyes:

Very nice Warlord, as said your designs are coming out nicely and the rhino is a nice touch as well. Mandragola's advice of using a pencil to delineate the flames is good. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect, so you know how to improve your freehand painting: you'll have to paint a couple more Fureans. Go for it :thumbsup:

Thank you guys for the supportive posts! It really means a lot to me! :wub:

When the stores will be open again I will order another Warhound box, to finish my Fureans. And after them, a new journey awaits! :biggrin.: 

Edited by TheDreadfulSagittary

• 2 months later...

It's been nearly a year since I started this project, and finally, it is completed... or rather stage one is complete!

The last two warhounds took nearly a month from priming to the finishing touches, but painting in the summer heat is not that comfortable. I painted the main armour plates separately and first, and that made things worse, because I didn't managed to get the same results on the main body. That was really annoying! Aside from that I'm quite satisfied with the end results, and I hope that they will see some action soon. 

20200705 080812

20200705 080823

20200705 080846

And with these two Warhounds finished my Legion Fureans Regia Maniple is finally ready for action! 

20200705 081233

God-Emperor of Mankind, I'm sooooooo happy! :smile.: Sometimes it was really frustrating as yellow is not my favourite colour in the world, and painting it was even more devastating to my morale, but they turned out to be really nice. Not as great, as some of my "cousins" here in the community, but still got some nice results... And browsing through of the other WIP-s here makes me really proud to be part of this community! Princepses, I'm proud to serve alongside you! :wink:

All in all: a journey is over, a quest is complete... and I'm ready to make another one! As the heretics are at the gates I will need somebody to step up against them. Some paragons of the Imperium, mighty warriors of the Omnissiah! A new project needs to be started and the drums of war shall thunder across the Forge Worlds! 

Congratulations on getting the maniple finished, always a fine moment when you finally have an army finalized and ready to hit the field. Or to wait for reinforcements, as you prepare more models... :wink:

Thank you Sherrypie!

Yes, you are right, the satisfaction that comes from getting done something is huge :biggrin.: I didn't plan any more Fureans Titans (or at least not for now), but I will add some Knights to my Makabius Lancers to bolster the traitor forces a bit more.

Yes, congratulations!

Bold, clean paint scheme on those, and they look great as a group.

..but what's that further down the rabbit hole? :wink:

Thank you, schoon! :blush.: 

Definitely a daring project from my side, because most of the things that I painted in the past where either in black armour, or had darker colours. To work with such a vibrant colour was really a challenge. There are things where I would be a lot more happier with a better result, but seeing the Maniple as a whole makes me a proud Princeps Seniores.

Right now with 9th edition in the corner I will make some moves to get back in the "big game", but I plan to start a second legion in the coming months. I will look for some advice here, among my brothers because I would like to build a more optimised force. 

Well done fellow Fureans cousin! Lovely work, and well done for completing your project!

Thank you cousin, may your eyes be always on the prey!  :wink:

• 1 month later...

After nearly a month of waiting, my order of the new starter box finally arrived. Together with some long-stored reserves this will give the backbone of my loyalist force. 

I have 2 Warhounds, 3 Reavers and a Warlord Titan ready to go fighting in the name of the Emperor and the Imperium.

20200813 162251

Still not sure which Titan Legion to choose, there are just to many nice choices :biggrin.:

The two Warhounds are nearly built, I went with the generalist approach (Vulcan Mega-Bolter & Plasma Blastgun), and now I'm building the Warlord. I will try to get some options from Forge World for it, mainly the gatling and the quake cannon, maybe an additional carapace weapon to. 
I will try to give some report on the building progress in the coming days. :smile.: