Nothing stops you from giving your Sergeants regular Chainswords either. We obviously want more! :tongue.:

(also if one day Eviscerators and Powerfists get different profiles again it would be weird for them to have Eviscerators instead)

They already have different profiles. Eviscerators are AP4, power fists AP3.

Ah right, my bad. Though AP-4 is usually overkill compared to AP-3 anyway. :P

That's correct. So currently you could just equip Reivers with Chainswords for style purposes, but the same thing I said about Eviscerators and Powerfists a bit above applies. If GW eventually changes their profiles to be actually different it would be weird to have a weapon with the profile of another. Like using Thunderhammers with the profile of Powerfists on Marines.

I'm still hoping for Combat Blades to gain AP-1 based on them being described as having a powerfield in one of the Dark Imperium novels, though it's really Chainswords who should get it if I'm honest.

That'd affect Scouts as well, as they have combat knives*. However, going by the Apocalypse datasheets Reivers don't have combat knives anymore, they've got Reiver blades. I'd guess that's because they're changing the rules. Maybe they'll get the AP-1, although despite the description in Dark Imperium they have no power weapon bits. They might also get the other generic melee weapon rule that is used to differentiate from the chainsword +1 attack rule - re-roll misses. A good example of this is Storm Guardians, who have chainswords that give +1 attack or Aeldari blades which re-roll misses.

* I thought it was combat blades too, but it's combat knives apparently.

That's correct. So currently you could just equip Reivers with Chainswords for style purposes, but the same thing I said about Eviscerators and Powerfists a bit above applies. If GW eventually changes their profiles to be actually different it would be weird to have a weapon with the profile of another. Like using Thunderhammers with the profile of Powerfists on Marines.

I'm still hoping for Combat Blades to gain AP-1 based on them being described as having a powerfield in one of the Dark Imperium novels, though it's really Chainswords who should get it if I'm honest.

That'd affect Scouts as well, as they have combat knives*. However, going by the Apocalypse datasheets Reivers don't have combat knives anymore, they've got Reiver blades. I'd guess that's because they're changing the rules. Maybe they'll get the AP-1, although despite the description in Dark Imperium they have no power weapon bits. They might also get the other generic melee weapon rule that is used to differentiate from the chainsword +1 attack rule - re-roll misses. A good example of this is Storm Guardians, who have chainswords that give +1 attack or Aeldari blades which re-roll misses.

* I thought it was combat blades too, but it's combat knives apparently.

Yeah they have Combat knives. There's no issue with Scouts regardless of what happens with Reivers. ^^

I'd really like it if Reivers had a "backstab" style rule where in the first round of combat their weapons were better.

An upgrade sprue for them and the infiltrators would help as well.

I do think we will see a primaris unit with chainswords at some point, same for most of the old melee weapons. IMO there will be close combat themed release similar to the upcoming vanguard release.

Edited by Black_Star

• 2 weeks later...