WD Kill Team Eisenhorn: Killer Nerf or Misprint?

The July Dwarf has Kill Team rules for Eisenhorn and they're terrible. WS/BS 3+, 1 attack, 1 wound, 7 leadership, a 6+ save with 6+ FNP.

I like his psychic power, but that stat line has got to be a misprint. I've been looking everywhere for errata, but so far I have found nothing.

If this is legit, they just nerfed me out of a sale. I was all prepared to buy him once I heard he had Kill Team rules, but damn. One wound?

Well, his stats are definitely not through the roof - but judging from the books, Eisenhorn is not really that much of a fighter. Back in 2nd Ed it was stated that a statline of 3s for S, T, BS and WS was a baseline human which was well-trained in combat (like Guardsmen). And Eisenhorn never seemed to be in line with an Imperial Assassin or an Astartes, which a statline of 4s would suggest. He also doesn't wear power armour or other stuff to enhance strength and toughness, so tbh, his stats seem fine. The FNP already is proof of his hardiness. 

It is a misprint. They put the Bloodletter statline on him by mistake :lol:. Notice the fact that, RAW on the Datasheet you can have SEVERAL Eisenhorns.

They fixed it.... But only published the fix for the digital version of White Dwarf. Never change GW :laugh.:

The actual profile:

M 6" WS/BS: 3+ S/T 3 W 5 A 4 LD 10 Sv 4+ Max 1

They also fixed his keywords and added DEATHWATCH to the end of it.

Edited by Gederas

It is a misprint. They put the Bloodletter statline on him by mistake :laugh.:. Notice the fact that, RAW on the Datasheet you can have SEVERAL Eisenhorns.

They fixed it.... But only published the fix for the digital version of White Dwarf. Never change GW :laugh.:

Well they have changed.... they put the change out on Facebook...with a tiny URL, which if you expand is here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Inquisitor-eisenhorn-datasheet_ENG.pdf?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=40kEisenhornCorrected23July19&utm_content=40kEisenhornCorrected23July19

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen an explanation for why Eisenhorn has the Ordo Xenos keyword, but not the other Ordos? Not that the keyword system is well utilized, but the books include Malleus and Hereticus. 

Because AFAIK he is an Ordo Xenos character in the same way Creed is a Cadian character or Shrike is Raven Guard. He doesn't belong to either the Malleus or Hereticus.